Information request on Roby Young

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Chunko2, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Chunko2

Chunko2 New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Port Charlotte, Fla.
    I am going through some of my old Kick magazines and am trying to put together roster of all the teams of the old NASL- one of the players I have come across is Roby Young - he played for the New York Cosmos with Pele. The only information I can find, hopefully it is the same Roby Young, that he played for the Israeli National Team and was voted as player of the millenium for Club Haifa. If anyone knows any information on Roby Young that would be great- Thanks.

2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hapoel Haifa

Please you must differentiate between Maccabi and Hapoel when stating that it is a football team in Haifa. Young was a Hapoel player, thus my refusal to add more...

Just kidding, Roby was a left sided winger. I wasn't alive during his playing career but I know that he was on the famous 1970 World Cup team (our only appearance:() Now I think he lives in Queens, at least I saw him once in Queens.

3. Chunko2

Chunko2 New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Port Charlotte, Fla.
    Thanks for the help - I am sorry I did not know there was a difference :rolleyes:

4. jocelynp

jocelynp New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    He was my coach a long time ago. Last I heard he was coaching at Queens College. Hope this helps

5. Irad

Irad New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    A little late in the game, but was researching some things and came across this thread. What kind of information are you looking for? I'm Roby's son.

6. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's like saying that there is difference between AC and Inter Milan...