Information on MLS Direct Kick 2006!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Ikari, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just saw this come across my desk:
    MLS Direct Kick is a season package available to digital customers. MLS Direct Kick is the best way for customers to get the maximum number of professional soccer games from around the country. These games are in addition to matches that will appear on ABC and ESPN2.

The MLS Direct Kick season package includes up to 150 regular season and select playoff games.

Key Dates:
    April Free Preview: April 1, 2006 and April 3, 2006
    Season Package begins: April 8, 2006
    July Free Preview: July 1, 2006 and July 4, 2006
    Season Package ends: November 5, 2006

Package cost (Cox Cable Las Vegas): $69.00

I'll have it added to my bill *TONIGHT*. :D

2. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on Comcast in Michigan and I just got mine ordered

$69.00

Edit in:

Hell yeah Comcast, they split the MLS DK and NBA League pass on the same PPV channels, I think I just might be getting the NBA package for the rest of the season too ;)

3. sephjnr

sephjnr Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    $69pm or one-off?

/can't get as I'm a dirty, evil foreigner

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $69 for the whole season (including playoffs).

It's quite the deal if you're an MLS junkie.

BTW, sephjnr.

Have you watched many games via mlsnet.com? Sometimes you get some buffering, put the picture quality isn't too bad, and the best thing is that it's FREE. :)

5. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dang...when are they getting DK into Dish?! :mad:

6. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i got an email from MLSnet yesterday.

if you click the link for Dish TV, it brings you to a page that still insists that the package starts on April 2nd (are the ESPN games not considered part of the package or something? what am i missing here?), AND the Dish page for the DK package is still a bullshit link.

i think Dish do have something slightly more up to date somewhere on their site. unfortunately, the link provided in the email from MLS is no good.

7. sephjnr

sephjnr Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed I do watch the website coverage, as that's the only way I can seeing NASN have foresaken MLS for the time being, and Channel 5 would only show 1 match per week (if at all this year)

8. ionprovisioner

Nov 23, 2003
    Flint, Michigan
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is asked every year, but here we go: AGAIN, Charter in my area doesn't have or know about DK. G*d d*mnit, is getting access to this digital resource that frickin' hard?

What steps should I take to change this situation? I WANT DIRECT KICK, have for years, and have NEVER been able to get it (4 years ago in suburban Houston, since then in Charter-land in Michigan).

9. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I talked with Charter Communications yesterday. They said that they are NOT carrying Direct Kick.

10. yokefello1

yokefello1 New Member

May 17, 2005
    Are there massive ads taking up a good portion of the screen?

How is the commenatry?

[not sarcasm, just curious]

11. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my first year with DK, but I've gotten other indemand packages in the past. What occurs is they take the regional broadcast of the games, usually FSN affiliates or whatever the regional sports channel is, and have it on the digital channels. There are no additional ads on screen or anything like that. Depending on what commercials are being shown, you may see a blue indemand screen that says "We'll be back shortly" or you'll see that locales commercials.

The commentary on the hockey is pretty good cause its local people. They have a clue about the players and usually good knowledge the teams. I've seen other threads on DK where the regional broadcasters can be very biased to the home teams. I'll be finding out in a few weeks :)

12. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charter must really suck, sorry buddy. Is there any possibility of an alternate cable provider? If not yer looking at Dish or DirecTV

13. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Dangit. I had it on DirecTV last year, but switched to Dish this year. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting any repeat customer deal. :(

14. ionprovisioner

Nov 23, 2003
    Flint, Michigan
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Problem is, they're my ISP too, and I really don't want to go the Dish/SBC route - dramatically worse service on both ends there. <sigh>

15. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really sucks. I checked FSC's website and there are not any bars/pubs in your area that carry the channel. You'll prolly just have to watch them on the MLS website. Maybe look into a video card with a TV out and watch on your TV that way?

All Charter subscribers you should bee calling customer service and request the service or email to the suggestion inboxs to get the coverage. Does Charter carry other inDemand packages?

16. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    you can keep charter for internet and pay $5-10 more for their cable internet and get dish network for tv. dish network may be able to get you the same or similar package of channels for what you watch for $10 less than you're paying now so it may even out. i recommend getting the spanish package because you get 90% of the popular english channels (in english) anyway, you'll get goltv, you'll get fox soccer channel, you'll get espn deportes (you can only get this with a spanish package), and the spanish packages are cheaper than the english packages. then you'll also be able to get direct kick. i would check their website for the latest rates because they just changed their pricing structure. you may be surprised

17. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Got you beat. I work for the cable company:
    MLS Direct Kick 2006 for $34.50 Employee only
    :D

18. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Really? I'm going to call tonight if that's the case!

19. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    comcast in denver keeps telling me i can't order it until april 3rd, and that it will be free on april 1st and 2nd. i for one don't trust my local comcast guys to flip the "unscrambled" switch on the pay per view channels on april 1st. any tips on ordering this thing in advance?

20. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Find someone who will let you order. If they won't, get their boss. If they won't get their boss. Repeat as needed.
    :)

21. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to talk to a couple different people

22. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, Comcast doesn't "flip the switch" on the free previews... InDemand does.

23. smcg

smcg New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Minnesota
    Yeah they carry seemingly every InDemand package but DK

24. ronsal3

ronsal3 New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Mississauga, On
    I wish they carried DK in Canada. I watch on the net but it's just not the same.

25. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it available on Charter Communications(So Cal)