Info on Dutch league clubs

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DaMatrix, Aug 26, 2006.

1. DaMatrix

DaMatrix New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Netherlands
    I can provide you with more information on the teams in the Dutch league. I've created a list of the clubs, with the official names, meaning of the names (appreciated by many anglophone people, since Dutch teams often have acronyms and abbreviations as names, which is puzzling to people who do not know Dutch football very well), stadiums, capacities, founding years, home towns and more.

It seems that I can not upload .doc files, so I'll have to send it to you by e-mail. If you'd like to read my "Dutch League Guide", please post your e-mail adress (or send a private message if you don't want anyone to see your adress). I will delete your adress after I've send you the Guide. I'll appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on the Guide in this topic.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you just send me a PM or post a link here?

3. DaMatrix

DaMatrix New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Netherlands
    I'd like to, but I don't know how to add a word document in a private message.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Excellent job. I learned a lot from it. It may not be useful for people in the Netherlands, but it was very helpful for the a non-Dutch like me, who really don't know much about the league.

My only suggestion would be to add how many times each has won the league or cups. And maybe links to the club's websites? Those might be a bit time consuming though.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks! That's excellent stuff, but I meant for him to put that info into the file he created. I guess he can do it pretty easily now though.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johan, you are the best. Spread some rep for me to Johan.

7. DaMatrix

DaMatrix New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Netherlands
    I've updated my list with the trophies the clubs has won. I am now working on adding the e-mail adresses. I let you know when I'm done.

8. HUPAJAX

HUPAJAX New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Ajax USA doesn't make the list? :eek:

Some good Eredivisie team profiles here: http://www.ajax-usa.com/teams/

9. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    No, and http://www.ajax.de/ neither.