Info for a long lost fan...

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by nan, Oct 30, 2004.

1. nan

nan New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey all,

I've been following the USWNT since early 1999. I started my postings on the WWC99 messages boards from back in the day and then we all got transferred to Big Soccer after the end of the World Cup when the site shut down. Unfortunately, I haven't followed the team very closely since 2002. I watched the Olympics and saw that Tiffeny Milbrett and Shannon MacMillan were missing from the squad. What the heck happened to them? Did Ape sack them or something? They were some of my favorite players on the team and I missed them during Athens. Anyways, if any of you know the answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. GLBryan

GLBryan Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Georgia
    Millbrett quit earlier in the year. Differences with coaching regarding style of play and lack of freedom. Mac did not make the Olympic roster but has played in a few of the FCT matches.

3. nan

nan New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow, Heinrichs got Millie to quit? I wish it were the other way around. Despite our close win in Athens, Heinrichs has failed to lead the team to any major international victory since she took over. Thats a shame. Poor Mac, she has always struggled to find a solid place on this team. Sorry, whats FCT matches?

4. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    Which players do you think should've been out of the olympic roster if Millie & Milbrett were on ?

5. glvsoccer3

glvsoccer3 New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Iowa

Hucles and Wagner (just my opinion)!

6. GLBryan

GLBryan Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Georgia
    FCT = Fan Celebration Tour. 10 game tour celebrating Olympics and saying goodbye to veterans. There are 3 left. I attended one in Houston last week.