Info about the 2008 Obetz "yard sale"......

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big Strong Patrick, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any info but if we are making MLS Cup travel plans I'm sure we'll want to return to Columbus in time for this event. I'll ask around on Monday knowing that it will be a month away but I'll cite the need to buy plane tickets ASAP.

2. DaKeeperMan

DaKeeperMan Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Wickliffe/Columbus OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually asked a Crew FO person about this a couple of weeks ago, as it has generally been in October, and I have to take off work to travel back to Columbus for it. Basically, the date won't be set until after the season is officially over. So that means after the cup ;). My info may be outta date, but that's what I have heard so far.

3. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I thought it had always been the day of the OSU Meatchicken game in the past. That would put it in the middle of November, this year falling on the day before MLS Cup.

4. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last 3 years it hasn't been an issue...

5. keeper1031

keeper1031 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Cbus ohio
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    care to enlighten me on what this "yard sale" is?
    noob here, sorry:p

6. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every year they rotate in new Crewzers. This is an attempt to recoup some of the loses by selling off the old crewzers. Usually they don't make much money though. Thats why the crew operate at such a loss.

7. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its a thing for season ticket holders (general public after a couple days but STHs first). the Crew sells all of the jerseys, shorts, training tops and bottoms, coats, official merchandise, etc... they have laying around. some stuff new in bags still, some stuff maybe worn at practice. you'll see a few old player jerseys (most the ones of "people you would want to have" will be gone before you get a chance).

other than buying old practice jerseys, i've found that the prices really aren't all that much cheaper compared to just buying them at the crew store. but its still worth a look around.

8. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always get stuck with people like Ivan Becerra and R Kelly.

9. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    It's will be your only opportunity to score yourself a coveted Nico Hernandez or Guillermo So jersey.

Only the realist of real fans will be able to sport one of these.

10. BenHouck

BenHouck Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had never been before last year. I got there at 4 when they were supposed to open for season ticket holders but they let people in early due to the extreme cold. Headed straight for the jerseys and walked out with Rogers, Gaven, Thomas (was looking for an XL) and the Hammer. People were picking over the jerseys the whole time I was there and by the time I left many of the remaining selection said "Pierce" on the back. For the general population it would be shocking to see any kind of selection left.

11. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    So what's wrong with a Pierce jersey? One of them seems to have made it to China - sans Pierce in it.

12. DaKeeperMan

DaKeeperMan Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Wickliffe/Columbus OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, I got there at 4:05 and all I got was a Gaudette jersey. Feel kinda like Charlie Brown and his rock. You can get a decent deal or two. I hate giving away the thing I go for, don't laugh, the balls. If you get there early enough and you are a player, you can get match balls and practice balls cheapish. I bought a $125 brand new in the box match ball for $45. I know $45 is a lot for a ball, but come on, its a $125 ball. Used ones, and there are various levels of used as they are practice and match balls you can get for $25, again you save $100. These were last years prices, hopefully they won't go up too much.

13. CLG431

CLG431 Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want my Jersey back.....
    [​IMG]

14. Finnegans Wake

Finnegans Wake New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what my ticket guy said its may be pushed back till dec if we make the cup.

15. DaKeeperMan

DaKeeperMan Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Wickliffe/Columbus OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what mine said too. Something about the equipment not being surplus until they are through using it, I don't know.

[youtube]8tmLvzubP3I[/youtube]

16. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    No one told me about this.

17. CowTown_Utd

CowTown_Utd Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Picktown
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game worn Dan Pokik jersey could still be available

18. Crewfan Scott

Crewfan Scott New Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll trade you a slightly bloody autographed DR Khumalo for the Kelly jersey. What size is it?

19. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, a jersey which says "So" on the back might be worth having.

20. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want that jersey. he wore my number and he's from brazil.

21. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the Clip-Clips version of this event this morning @ Cooper Stadium and the good stuff went fast. I got there at the scheduled opening time not expecting to be first in line but was surprised to see so many people there. They let all 150+ of us in together and by the time I got to where the stuff was 80% was gone. I didn't want to spend tons of money like I do @ the Crew sale but I'm happy with what I got. I bought a 7ft x 8inch metal sign for the section I had my season tickets in for $35.00. I will post a picture soon & will ask Rusty about the Crew yard sale date when I go to practice on Tuesday. Now that we know the length of our season I'm expecting him to know when it will be held.

22. Joedogsweetman

Aug 18, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Why wasnt I aware of this when I was a season ticket holder?:mad:

23. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't gone for a while, but the last time I did go, I left with McBride, Mais, and Warzycha.

24. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    I am fully expecting an out and out "Walmart at 5:15am the day after Thanksgiving"-style brawl to ensue for the Yellow number 7 jersey. In fact, I will be damn near disappointed if it doesn't happen. After all he's done for us, don't we at least owe him that?

In all seriousness though, I may have to bring $200-300 for stuff from this season. It won't be cheap...

25. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when I talked to Rusty on Thurs after the Conference Final he told me it will be the weekend after the Season is over which falls the weekend after Thanksgiving.