Infants at Games

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Ch(Elsey), Apr 1, 2014.

1. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked up Trapp. January. Your boy is about 5 or so months older than our little guy.

2. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah.
    it stinks that he will be full price for the next season.

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about that last night. It is not that difficult to trade in a few tickets in CU, but add another one? Ugh. Our little guy does not turn 3 until the end of June... but I doubt we will be able to take that much advantage of the savings early in the season.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    We took our kid in until she was 4 without any issues - its not like the kid has an ID if they ask :)

eboe repped this.
  5. patricksp

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does have is own seat because I knew that it would be really hard to add a seat where we sit, I would take my one nephew. This is also why we go to Disney before he turns 3, free admission and at the buffets he is free.

fidlerre repped this.
  6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How tall is your little girl, fid? Our guy is on the top of the height charts, plus he is a built kid... Our doctor told us to not be surprised if people assume he is older than he really is.. Maybe we can pull it off by keeping him in the stroller?

7. patricksp

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep him in the stroller, now if they ask him his age then your in trouble, I don't know a kid that will lie about their age.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  8. patricksp

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this from NYCFC Twitter feed.
    image.jpg

Why the hell cant we do this? I called and asked and I get the told they can't do it.

9. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will if you keep telling him he is 2 and 36 months [emoji12]

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they know someone in the equippment room--as that is one of the "special number" numbers. You would think they could have sold a replica to anyone that sent a photo in, though.....

11. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those with kids who actually make it to matches (unlike myself) - Did your little one still get in free for the playoff match(es)?

12. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I have kids and made it to the match--but yesterday was too cold and I wanted to be loud & focused on the match, so I didn't try to take my little ones.

That said, my wife is due with our third within a month. I'm hoping she doesn't deliver on December 6th because MAPFRE is two hours from my house and the hospital (Akron City) is 30 minutes from my house. Our second kid was in my arms less than 3 hours after labor started.

Bill Archer repped this.
  13. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I asked my ticket guy about the MLS Cup. He said.

' Same rules, 2 and under would not require a ticket'

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That said, MLS and not the Crew is running the Cup, so I'd double-check with MLS.

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like Akron City. We had our first child there, and we will be going back with our second.

I wonder how you double-check with the entity that is MLS.

hardhead repped this.
  16. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    I can't believe this thread is still going. My daughter, who I've posted and asked about in this forum is eight years old

Robbo Crewfan and Draghignazzo repped this.
  17. patricksp

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    image.jpeg

He did not need a ticket, they were very strict on if your diaper bag would fit in in this box they had set up as you entered. It's under 3 not under 2 that get in free.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  18. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps you are thinking of another thread?

Good to know about toddlers. I do not have a ticket reserved for Markus, and I started to panic yesterday thinking about somehow there being an issue with it.

19. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone. My 9 month old daughter will be going to her first game the 28th. I know its all been discussed but i dont have time to read the whole thread and was wondering if anyone can give me some basic advice for bringing her and what i can and cannot, and shouldnt and shouldnt bring.

Diaper bag is good? Stroller or will baby carrier be easier?

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plan to arrive at the gate a bit earlier than normal. If they give you grief, you have time to either take it up with a supervisor or go to another gate.

Robbo Crewfan and Tobias C repped this.
  21. patricksp

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strollers are allowed, just make sure it's a bag and not a the backpacks.

22. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I revive this old thread to gather some opinions on kids (no longer infants) and tailgates.

As mentioned in other threads, we bit the damn bullet and bought season tickets for my husband, my son, and me (our daughter stills get in free this year). In the past since Markus was born, we have shared a season ticket and traded in games here and there. Not this year after Fratass’ moves. In a nutshell, we will be at the majority of home games.

So we are parents. We have two small children (ages four and one, with our youngest turning two at the end of March). We enjoy being able to tailgate prior to the match though usually time is reserved to play on the Crew Stadium playground before we get to our seats (the four-year-old demands it). We stand at the top of section 101 out of preference (which we randomly met @jairadballerina and his daughter at the semifinal. Nice to meet you!).

We like being within the mega-tailgate but on the fringes. I would imagine some of you take your kids (assuming you have been blessed with little ones) to games. What I am trying to get out in my introverted and nerdy way is the basic question of would anyone who is a parent like to get together within the tailgate? Does a match.com or classified site exist for this purpose? Crew parent seeking other Crew parents so that the kids can occupy each other for long enough for mom and dad to have a beer. Reply to Chelsey.

23. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Welp, I guess it's time for me to re-read through this thread so I'm ready for Crewsmas! Chels, I'd be happy to come to your parent get-together tailgate this season, but I'm not sure how much socializing Connor will be able to do with the other little ones quite yet. We'll probably just keep it to pooping and burping for now.

24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good lord I hope my post did not come off as though I was proposing a play date. I am not a play date kind of mom.

Drew,

1) You should reread through this thread. Some really great stories parent(s)/child(ren) tucked within the middle of it.

2) You should post a picture of your cute little newborn boy in here (https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/newest-and-realist-crew-fan.1212317/). We can all oooh and aaah over the newest little Crew supporter. (Congratulations again to you and your beautiful wife!)

25. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    I brought the kids to a few tailgates this year and kinda went through the same process you imagined. Luckily kids are way better than us adults at making friends so with little encouragement they gravitated to the other kiddos at the tailgate and immediately found they had a lot in common (they all loved toys, kicking the soccer ball). The other parents were very cool and were happy that there were other kids to play with so it was all good. I brought some beer/snacks to share. It can get overwhelming for the kids with all the noise, sights, smells going on and plenty of parenting opportunities of "don't say it, just hear it".

Overall I think they have fun but really my kids can find a good time doing anything and are pretty low maintenance.