Indoor tournaments...

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Doc_Aeppler, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Anybody interested in those? anybody going to one?

I know that 8 of them are shown life on dsf, which is cool imo...

On Jan 2nd there is a nice one in the Kölnarena feat. FC Köln, MSV, Eintracht, Aachen, Düsseldorf and Essen!
    sounds pretty interesting, I was gonna go but I dont have time on that day...

On Jan 5th there is one in Frankfurt, feat. Eintracht, OFC, Mainz, Siegen, Wehen and Ahlen...
    The last 3 are kinda lame, but I guess with the first three, the hall will be packed enough so there wont be any space for other fans anyways... :D
    Im going, and Im sure itll be fun like last year, when it was only SGE and OFC... ;)

greetz, Äppler

2. Jaison

Jaison New Member

May 6, 2005
    Tristan da Cunha
    I never paid attention to the indoor games during the holiday break. Too bad, I should have. I hope I can find some streaming video of the games. (Crosses fingers!)

BTW, is Hallenfussball the same as Futsal, or does it have different rules/regulations?

3. DU BIST DOOF
    das ist mein hamburger

4. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    First one is just over! The "Rheinlandcup" in Cologne, infront of a record-setting 13000 crowd!

Frankfurt won the final 3-1 against Aachen! Both played a good tournament, scored plenty of goals and had obviously fun playing soccer! thats what indoor is all about...

Duisburg won the "little final" against Cologne 2-1 and got the 3rd spot. Both of them, especially Cologne tough, were very dissapointing... Cologne only scored 2 goals in 4 games, Duisburg not too much more, and then the great fans of Cologne once again proved that they are by far the most unsocial bunch in the Bundesliga (I know I shouldnt be saying this too loud but still... :D), by throwing waterbottles at the Duisburgteam... What can I say...

Essen and Düsseldorf went out in the groupstages as expected, no real chances for the two, alltough Essen gained a draw against Duibsurg...

Oh yeah, and Eintrachts Dominik Stroh Engel scored 5 goals, which made him the best scorer... never heard of him? thats allright, hes never played Bundesliga before... :D

greetz, Äppler

5. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I absolutely hate indoor tournaments.

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I actually like em, there was one in hanover in the Preussag arena (semi final for the official german championship, now abbandoned): It is just an unbelievable atmosphere when you got fans from Hanover, Wolfsbug, Osnabrück and Hamburg (plus Bielefeld) yelling against Braunschweig and Schalke...

7. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    I agree 96squig!

Its really cool sometimes, as there are usually local rivals involved... the athmosphere isnt as aggressive as in the stadium thou (even SGE-OFC last year)...
    Plus you get to see some nice football evernow and then!
    For example yesterday, I was amazed at how Beni Huggel can treat the ball... I really didnt expect that of him, and there he goes doing some nice tricks... thats just fun to watch...

8. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Ok, I can agree with that. I guess it can be fun to have all these rival fans in a much smaller space than a big stadium. The Wolfsburg fan must have had a great time :D

It's just don't enjoy indoor football and I always fear for the health of our players even though the firstteam hardly ever plays in these tournaments.

9. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    The courts that are used in Germany are too narrow and the closed nature of it favor speculative kicking and pushing to skilful play.
    It’s pretty bad to watch.

I remember when there were many more of them and were taken much more seriously.

Frankfurt with Okocha and Mornar were pretty good at it.

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It's something different. Germany doesn't take part in any Futsal competitions as far as I know.

11. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    to be honest, I have absolutely no Idea what Futsal is... :D

Frankfurt won again in Oldenburg today!
    Seems like we are the only team that actually takes it kinda serious... ;)
    I think its great tou, you can actually see that this team has fun playing football...

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I enjoy indoor tournaments, their fun to watch when you have nothing to do.

13. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    How big are the fields? I played indoor for a few years, great for conditioning and working tight spaces. The fields we played on were probably just a little smaller than an ice hockey rink.

14. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    it is definitely better than watching all the ski jumping they show on German TV.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Differs from pitch to pitch,
    but it´s about 40-45 m * 20-25 m.

The goals are also smaller, about 5 m * 2m

16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]Differs from pitch to pitch,
    but it´s about 40-45 m * 20-25 m.

The goals are also smaller, about 5 m * 2m[/QUOTE]

Thanks EE , for the info. Sounds about right. How many players to a side? We palyed w/ 5 to a side.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    At the tournaments at Collogne, Nürnberg and Oldenburg they played 5 against 5,
    don´t know about the other tournaments, only watched these three.

18. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Blah blah blah schmah shmach Vierschanzen tournee blabla ... i couldn't agree more :D

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha have won the Riesa tournament, with Marcelinho gaining Player of the Tournament and Golden Boot honors.

20. pepper96

pepper96 New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Kannst ja mal dran knabbern, wenn du Lust hast.

I dont know much about indoorsoccer:)
    are there 5 players including the goalkeeper? I dont think so, but I am not sure.

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Normally yes, but sometimes it´s also 6 bs. 6.