Indoor soccer videos

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by mjames1229, May 23, 2020.

1. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found another box of tapes to go through before I take down the impromptu studio that has been cluttering up my living room the past couple of months.

Today's upload is the Cleveland Crunch at the Milwaukee Wave from the Bradley Center from February 1998.

Unfortunately it starts about 5 minutes into the game because, well, um... I appeared to have taped over the start of the game with some Dead Harry Caray tribute coverage (as he had died a couple of days before this game).

2. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A two-fer today. Two games from 1991 that I had on the same tape.

First up, the Milwaukee Wave at the Chicago Power from the then-Rosemont Horizon.

Joey Tee and Scooge repped this.
  3. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few weeks later was the 1991 MSL All-Star game from Kansas City.

Joey Tee and Scooge repped this.
  4. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's upload is the 1989 MISL All-Star game, with the MISL All-Stars against the Dallas Sidekicks from Dallas (unfortunately, the first 10 minutes is missing.

As I was trying to find the date of this game, I learned that the Sidekicks had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy just two weeks prior to this game. Had they not, the Dallas Mavericks would have forced the dissolution of the teams and the sale of the contracts to the other MISL owners.

Joey Tee repped this.
  5. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another upload today is the video "Title Wave: 1997-98 Milwaukee Wave Championship Season".

Twice in this video are glimpses of the "So hideous that they are beautiful" Harrisburg Heat uniforms with the thick burgundy and white stripes, with a fluorescent green advert on the front and very orange numerals on the back. Simply glorious.

Oh, and speaking of uniforms, the Wave's blue uniforms that they wore in 97-98 were probably my third favorite.

Joey Tee repped this.
  6. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #31 Joey Tee, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020

Mjames, well done and thank you sir! I am lucky to have two game "worn" issued jerseys from this game. Mark Karpun did play and every player was only given 1 jersey if memory serves correctly. I was there for this game at Reunion Arena. The other jersey is Wes Mcleod, who did not play, a former Rowdie and Cosmo turned into a defender for the Sidekicks and both players a champion during the 86-87 run for the Kicks.
    [​IMG]

7. Inddor Fan

Inddor Fan Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Awesome work....keep em coming....Thanks

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Fun trivia (if I'm right) I think Marcel Loosveld made his MISL (professional) debut in the All-Star Game.

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A true all-star!

10. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's upload is a battle of two expansion teams... the St. Louis Storm heads to the Richfield Colosseum to face the Cleveland Crunch in April 1990.

Scooge and Joey Tee repped this.
  11. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenn has some awesome indoor content on his YouTube page.

Y'all seem to like Paul Wright; well my favorite goal of his brief Milwaukee Wave career is at the 3:20 mark of this clip package. Because... Chicago Power.

Scooge repped this.
  12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    By touching the ball on the goal line he turned a 3 point goal into a 2 point goal. Which is example #1238 why that's a stupid rule.

Kit repped this.