Indoor soccer Field Dimension

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by drdejtiar, Oct 12, 2004.

1. drdejtiar

drdejtiar New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Hi, I want to open a indoor soccer field in FL Miami.

I want to know the dimension of the court, if I need any license to open it, etc.
    Please Help
    Thanks, Regards

LUIS

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about licenses - I'll bet there are building codes and things you'd need.

But a professional indoor field is approx. 200 feet long by 85 feet wide. Recreational fields are often a bit smaller.

The guy you should ask is Tom Higginson at Let's Play Sports. www.letsplaysports.com.

3. koppite4ever

koppite4ever New Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Washington DC
    One niche that is just waiting to happen is a full size outdoor field built indoors for 11v11 play.

120 yards x 80 yards and you can run soccer leagues and camps all year round in a place like Miami.

Come to Washington DC and make a million dollars a year with that set up. The Mid Atlantic is starving for a year round soccer facility under a bubble. We have 25,000 soccer players in the city of DC alone who would use it all year.

4. drdejtiar

drdejtiar New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Thanks for your help, I will contact Tom
    Regards from Miami
    LUIS

5. drdejtiar

drdejtiar New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Thanks for the great Idea, We will see if we can do that here.
    Regards, LUIS

6. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    My understanding is that a real full-size indoor field is 180' x 80'. But of course not all of them are this size. There's an organization that can give you a lot of help called The U.S. Indoor Soccer Association. I've always had this fantasy about opening an indoor place that would be just for pick-up games myself. Not everybody wants to play leagues.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A professional indoor field is recommended to be 200 x 85. Now it may be that a "real" full-size field for the 99.9% of people who don't play professionally is 180 x 80. Seems to me that there's some variance. I've played on some indoor fields that looked really long and some that seemed really small.

8. denver_mugwamp

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    My apologies for shorting you the extra feet. Actually I got the size from an article quoting Tom Higginson and I believe the quote was something like "You can have a smaller field in your arena but if another arena opens with a full-size 80' x 180' field then everyone will go there." So it's not really an "official' size, just something to aim for.

9. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Firstly its not a court - its a pitch

Secondly what form of soccer are you intending play?

Futsal or Soccer

Futsal has particual flooring needs

Surface of the pitch The surface shall be smooth and flat and non-abrasive. The use of wood or artificial material is recommended. Concrete or tarmac should be avoided.

Dimensions The pitch must be rectangular. The length of the touch line must be greater than the length of the goal line. Dimensions Length: minimum 25 m maximum 42 m Width: minimum 15 m maximum 25 m International matches Length: minimum 38 m maximum 42 m Width: minimum 18 m maximum 25 m

http://www.fifa.com/fifa/futsal/laws/2004/LOTG2004_e.pdf

soccer -

field turf has produced some fantastic field inddors and out.

http://www.fieldturf.com/index.cfm?sportPage=soccer&pageView=installs

there is also the consideration of using boards or no -boards ( go no boards PLEASE)

10. denver_mugwamp

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    If you want to open an arena for indoor soccer in the US, you can expect to put down Fieldturf or its equivalent and to have boards. That is, if you want to make money and have people play there. There's at least half a dozen indoor soccer facilities in the Denver area that I know of. There isn't a single Futsal "pitch" or whatever you call it. Where are you located Grah? Have you ever played indoor soccer?

11. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003

em from now until may the tempature will unlikely get above +10c and get as low as -40c with jan to feb average about -20c

So yes I have played indoors.

Yes I now how much faster indoor gamess with boards are but its not as good for skill development.

http://www.futsal.com/ -

Futsal is a sport that is a derivative of soccer and played with five-man teams on a basketball style court, with no walls and a low bouncing ball, unlike the traditional sport of U.S. indoor soccer played with six-man squads and walls. Great soccer superstars such as Pele, Zico and Ronaldo grew up playing the game and credit Futsal with developing their skills. U.S. Futsal is under the banner of U.S. Soccer, which is the governing body for the sport in the United States.

Overview of usa NATIONAL TEAM
    One year after hosting international matches for the first time, the U.S. continued on the road to the 2004 FIFA Futsal World Championship which will be played Nov. 21-Dec. 5, 2004 in Chinese Taipei.

Under the direction of head coach Keith Tozer, the U.S. Futsal National Team won the 2003 Futsal Goal Cup held at the Anaheim Convention Center with CONCACAF rivals Mexico, Canada and Guatemala in attendance.

U.S. Futsal Roster
    Pre-World Championship Training Camp
    Milwaukee, Wis. – Oct. 24-26, 2004
    Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate Hometown Indoor Club Caps/Goals
    Ball, John M 5-11 165 11/05/72 Newton, Conn. Cleveland Force 14/2
    Bowers, Sean D 6-2 185 08/12/68 San Diego, Calif. San Diego Sockers 29/5
    Butcher, Steve F 6-2 180 04/15/78 N. Tonawanda, N.Y. San Diego Sockers 7/4
    Dusosky, Todd F 6-0 200 05/12/76 Anoka, Minn. Milwaukee Wave 12/4
    Guastaferro, Andy F 5-10 175 11/24/77 Canandaigua, N.Y. Chicago Storm 9/4
    Hileman, Scott* GK 6-1 176 11/05/72 Phoenix, Ariz. -- 5/0
    Kelly, Danny M 5-9 155 03/07/69 Bronx, N.Y. Baltimore Blast 7/1
    Howes, Greg F 6-0 185 03/26/77 Tacoma, Wash. Milwaukee Wave 9/5
    Morris, Pat D 5-9 170 06/06/77 Philadelphia, Pa. Philadelphia Kixx 5/4
    Shanker, Joel M 5-9 165 08/14/71 St. Louis, Mo. Philadelphia Kixx 13/7
    Torres, Johnny M 5-7 150 04/24/76 Medellin, Colombia Milwaukee Wave 7/4
    Tschantret, Lee D 5-9 160 04/10/69 New York, N.Y. Baltimore Blast 21/6
    White, Pat D 5-10 175 07/14/74 Milwaukee, Wis. Milwaukee Wave 17/6

* Retired from Baltimore Blast after 2003-2004 season

Team Staff
    Head Coach: Keith Tozer (Mequon, Wis.)
    Assistant Coach: Vilmar Marques (Mountain View, Calif.)
    Team Coordinator: Bryan Koch (Greenfield, Wis.)
    Medical Trainer: Jeff Thomas (Chicago, Ill.)
    Press Officer: David Applegate (Chicago, Ill.)

Don't recall a Board indoor soccer game on the world stage tho Denver. :)