News: Indoor Professional League ( IPL )

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The League and Teams Should be Sometime in April , The league's official facebook page will launch after the MASL championship series. Below is the official logo

Please Join the new ( INDOOR PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE ) FAN GROUP . This is a members only page to discuss the IPL and the latest teams to join. The new league will start to take shape in April 2016

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561803877312530/requests/…

12787387_779119368859669_1732791639_o.jpg 5KH0JsBr.png

SteveCo repped this.
  2. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Lewis- Any news on the identity of Harrisburg's new owner?

Chicago is odd... being as they've started to develop a nice rivalry with Milwaukee. Although with 4 new owners over the past what 4-5 years? ..... never know when the next Save the Wave Campaign will begin

If St Louis and Cedar Rapids would join, then KC is on their own island ?

Hmmm

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing heat on heat investors , KC and Milwaukee will have a lot of games against one another next season

4. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have received confirmation that St. Louis and the Florida Tropics are joining the IPL (both teams owned by the same family). Baltimore is the charter member or franchisor of the league, as Hale has been speaking about. Beyond that, we don't know for sure. They are targeting to have at least 10 teams, or 'as many as 14'. I think they end up closer to 10 at the start of next season.

Milwaukee's owner said he is staying with the MASL. No news of Chicago or Cedar Rapids. Hale has expressed his low opinion of the Missouri Comets ownership group so they may stay MASL for now. Harrisburg is supposed to join the IPL but they just changed owners? Obviously no team will 'officially' announce until the MASL season ends. I expect things will move quickly after that point.

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    But they'll have more than 4 possible opponents unlike the Blast.

wellington repped this.
  6. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For a bit of fun, the MASL should bring the St. Louis Steamers back to life.

SteveCo repped this.
  7. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Close, but you're not quite there.

Have the Detroit MASL franchise transferred to Baltimore.

wellington and NSL2004 repped this.
  8. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I would hope that Chicago and Milwaukee stay in the same league. I can't see Chicago surviving without teams that are close geographically.

9. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Ooooooh ... that'd be fun.

You know one area I can't believe doesn't have an indoor team? Greensboro. Great coliseum, often hosts the ACC Tournament. Few regular tenants.

SteveCo repped this.
  10. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Greensboro SC?

They have an ECHL team, gets about 3500 per game, which is break even. It's amazing they do as well as they have.

The previous team the Grrrrowl, took season ticket deposits from the most loyal fans, worked 350k promise from the Bi-Lo Centre then folded the team. Last I heard he promised to pay some of the money back.

Some

Anyways, it's a pretty big arena for indoor soccer, probably holds 12000 IIRC from going to a Grrrrowl game.

11. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    That's GreenVILLE, no?

12. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    You're right

Man I'm getting old. My grand daughter signed me up for AARP as a joke. (Everyone laughed because I had refused to join)

God you get a ton of junk mail, they sell your name to everyone. Getting old bites

Stay young people.

wellington, cardshopmd and SteveCo repped this.
  13. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Although there is no tradition of indoor soccer in the Carolinas, the refurbished Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, home of the AHL Checkers, could be a decent option for an indoor soccer team. They just need an investor in Charlotte...

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pesky details.

As for the Florida Tropics...man, they have a lot of Facebook likes. Sure is odd that a team that doesn't even really exist yet would have that many Facebook likes. I mean, how would someone who didn't have a lot of Facebook likes get a lot of Facebook likes? Odd.

SteveCo and wellington repped this.
  15. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was thinking the same thing. Over 20,000 likes is pretty amazing for an indoor team in Lakeland, FL.

16. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, seems a bit fishy. I have heard that you can buy 'likes' on Facebook. It took the Ambush a while after they started to get to 20,000+ likes on Facebook.

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're going to be based in Lakeland?

Oh, good luck with THAT.

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MASL teams' Facebook likes as of this evening:

St. Louis - 26,959
    Missouri - 22,174
    Florida* - 20,142
    Sonora - 14,867
    Milwaukee - 13,400
    San Diego - 13,034
    Baltimore - 12,983
    Dallas - 12,540
    Chicago - 9,945
    Ontario - 7,376
    Syracuse - 6,580
    Tacoma - 5,699
    Cedar Rapids - 5,218
    Las Vegas - 4,721
    Brownsville - 4,216
    Saltillo - 3,951
    Waza Flo - 3,763
    Harrisburg - 3,635
    Baja - 3,105
    Turlock - 2,010
    Sacramento - 1,928

*Alleged 2016-2017 team

Yeah, it makes total sense that a rumored team would have that many likes. Sure. Makes you wonder about the other half of the house.

wellington repped this.
  19. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noted that Florida has more likes than Baltimore...

20. Anubis

Anubis Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As I pointed out when we were first linked to the twitter feed, they are likely buying spam accounts to get their friend counts/like counts up. That Florida twitter feed is chock full of people no where near the area and almost all with little or no posting history. It's a rather stupid tactic, since everyone knows that twitter and facebook likes have better metrics that can be looked into for potential advertisers and investors but maybe they can trick a local pizza joint or something.

MizzouMan22, wellington and SteveCo repped this.
  21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    All trumped by Toros Mexico with 108,072 (their page has since been repurposed) https://www.facebook.com/torosdemexico1/

kenntomasch repped this.
  22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SHAME.

23. Stephen York

Stephen York Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL.
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    FWIW, the Tampa Bay Storm arena football team, which is actually quite popular and draws well for AFL, and plays in Tampa, has just over 32,000 likes on Facebook. Something is definitely amiss.

SteveCo repped this.
  24. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all, I live in Lakeland and though that number seems really high, from what I've noticed from the club, they're doing an awesome job getting out and into the community. I play in the adult soccer league and they've come out and talked to us several times about the new club. And from what I've seen on their facebook and twitter feeds, they are going all over the Polk county area and it's youth soccer leagues promoting the team.

I'm a high school teacher and even my students have said a few things to me about the club. Though this is a small sample size here (Mostly soccer aware adults and kids), I think they are doing a great job getting the team name out there and promoting.

SteveCo repped this.
  25. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of those 20,000+ likes how many people do you really think are from Florida ? , Then How Many of those 20,000 will actually buy a ticket to a game ?