Indonesian Kid...

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by |--LdC--|, Jan 16, 2005.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Indonesian kid survived 3 weeks alone after the tsunami, the only cloth he was wearing was Portuguese national team shirt:)
    Now Scolari and the FPF will help the kid and his family giving them money to buy lands and an house in Indonesia :cool:
    He told he is fan of the Portuguese national team and Manchester United.

2. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    3 weeks :eek: Lucky kid :D Nice of Scolari and the FPF to help out

3. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
  4. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Very lucky kid. I guess he picked the right jersey :)

5. VivaPortugal

VivaPortugal New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    That's a nice story. I heard about the kid on the American News yesterday, but they didn't say anything about him wearing a Portugal jersey or that Scolari was trying to help them out. Good for Scolari that he is going to help the kid and his family. :)

6. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, that's amazing. I'm glad to hear that Scolari and the FPF are going to help this kid out.

7. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    OT :cool: I think things of this nature is what draw's the Portuguese people to Scolari he just seems real, he wears his emotions on his sleeves which is very typical of Portuguese people :D On the other hand we've got Mourinho which is totally the opposite, doesen't seem to give a *hit about anybody else but himself, doesen't come across as a very compassionate individual, the could be the reason why he isn't very much liked by media or public in Portugal:eek: I guess it pays to be nice :D

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    only the good guys wear the Portuguese Jersey

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    RTP International just show the kid images, and Scolari wants to do something for all the kids effected by the Sismo, hope it can be the begin of some interchange coach's, and clinics done by the players in that area, with FPF and portuguese people paying the bill.

10. OlivePine

OlivePine New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    SIC just had quite a report on this amazing story of courage by this 7 year old child...Martunis. The images I saw are very moving and the testimonies by Scolari, Ronaldo, the english journalist and Laura, the worker from "Save the Childreen" who is supervising the situation with Martunis are also very moving. The lesson this kid with the Portuguese shirt on teaches all of us is amazing! Never give up...! That's what Scolari is saying...let's take this lesson and learn to be together and united to achieve common goals.
    Well...some might say this is "using" or "exploiting" a particular situation. Call it whatever you want...but nothing changes the fact that this 7 year old survived on his own 19 days by drinking water from the "pocas de agua" and other stuff to go on for 19 days and nights! I'm not sure I'd survive that! Would you?
    I wonder...how many other "Martunis" are there WITHOUT the Portuguese shirt on? Can we get together here and do something for maybe one or two of them? Maybe our good friends on "portugabol.com" can take the lead. Just an idea. God bless all the "Martunis" of the gratest natural disaster in human history, as we know it!

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  12. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I know Scolari his very sentimental, he his a true believe it carry saints whorever he goes
    he use his believes to bring the people together

not many coach's survives a whole season coaching either portuguese teams or national teams

15. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Cristiano Ronaldo would be a champ in anyone's books if he did this. I want Cristiano Ronaldo to play well and lead ManU...but I'd like this kid to have a great time in England...not treated like a king...but one of the boys as they say. Grande Martunis. :)

16. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    a true fighter
    This is unreal the kid survived in three weeks drinking from a puddle of dirty water and noddles that show the relevance of good nature since these people know how to hunt for food. thats remarkable to think the kid was wearing a portugal nt jersey which shows that us a country should think that we are noticed all over the world and we are what cr is doing is great but i do agree treating him like a king is over the top but give the boy time to heal and let him enjoy england and be happy. bravo scolari! you are very kind and thoughtful on your behalf and the portuguese federation on donating land and it shows you are have a good spirit. i cried in tears when i heard this i cried even more when i saw him with the red and green just beautiful i love life so much and this kid has made me a stronger person obrigado. :) :) :) :)

17. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope the FPF bring's him and his father to watch the Portugal vs Slovakia game just to give the NT boys a little more motivation. Before the game starts have the miracle kid go out to midfied and meet all the players and then send him to the press box. I think it'll be a great inspiration for the players. BTW does anybody have a link to a picture of this kid with the NT jersey on?

18. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    I hope they keep this a little low profile because this isn't about the FPF, Scolari, Cristiano Ronaldo, Figo, etc. This is all about showing this kid a good time in Portugal.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    but let's take the hat off to this guys, they coming thru when they really needed

more on the issue
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/index.asp?op=ver&noticia=74679&d=1&tema=7

20. OlivePine

OlivePine New Member

Jan 2, 2005
  21. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    True Frank. Gotta give Madail, the FPF, Cristiano Ronaldo, Figo props for donating money, time, and their kind words. They're takin the time out to help this kid. Good Guys!

22. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    Indonesia was once a Portugal's colony, and a part of that country which belongs to Portugal had just given back recently, i think it was east Timor or something.

23. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC

Figo is a great guy, i know for sure.

24. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yes he is. Figo donates alot of time and money to help people, especially children.