Indiana Gunners

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by kanonier, Jan 17, 2007.

1. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Since no one responded with any good places to watch a game in the Indianapolis area, if anyone NEEDS a place to watch the game this Sunday, you're welcome to join me in my living room in Bloomington... feel free to message.

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i don't think there are many Gooners in IN who post on here. cisko is one who comes to mind, but i haven't seen him around in a while. i know he lives in indy

3. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What have you got to drink over there? Are you going to be serving food, too? Can i sit in the Lay-Z-Boy? ;)

4. Shibby13

Shibby13 New Member

May 2, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in South Bend but never go down to Indy. I'll just be watching the games from the comfort of my dorm room.

5. Lord Fabregas

Lord Fabregas New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Indiana
    If I were home, I'd be there in a sec, however I have the luxury of a little better location. How bout them hoosiers lately? Sampson might be the real deal.

6. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanna talk to Sampson!

[​IMG]

7. tundra_desert

tundra_desert Member

Feb 3, 2006
    RTP, NC - US
    Welcome to the lower Midwest, iufan.

I recently relocated to Indy and if there are any Gooners in town, they lay low – likely underground. The city is deprived of many pubs at which one can watch a match. MacNiven’s on Mass Ave and the Claddagh public houses are options, but they rarely draw a football crowd and don’t usually compliment the video with much volume.

Your living room is possibly your greatest option. I occasionally trek out for the afternoon CL matches, although I observe massive amounts of Setanta and FSN on the week-ends while consuming nibbles and bitter from the comfort of my sofa.

Cisko is an Indy Gunner, but I’ve lost touch with him since the CL Final in May.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    damn! wish I had this offer during my time at IU...

9. ShoogarTheBarbarian

Jul 21, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another Indiana Gooner...I have a group I watch matches with. Plus Bloomington is like a 4-5 hour drive from LaPorte. If I had the money I'd drive to The Globe every weekend to watch matches.

10. storming06

storming06 Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    IUfan, are you an IU student? I am a freshman this year at IU. I'm in Indy for the Colts game this weekend, but if their are any other big games this year maybe we could meet up sometime.

11. cisko

cisko Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey folks. Not been too active lately, have I? Between wedding, honeymoon, holidays, and work insanity it's been wacky.

FWIW I've been watching a couple games at Brugge Brasserie in Broad Ripple lately. They just got Setanta, first place in town that carries it that I know of. BUT they are not open on Sundays. So no luck for tomorrow. :(

Also Radio Radio is a cool place for games but they haven't been showing much Prem this year. Normally a club so they're not usually open in the AM.

Was just down in B'ton yesterday... don't think I'm up for the drive tomorrow or I'd take up your offer. :) Maybe next time!