Indian Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ashindia, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: Panasonic joins hands with AIFF

He was a gud one 2-3 yrs back but not anymore

2. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Abhishek is not over hyped, he perhaps is the third highest capped striker in current Indian squad and was very good few years back and anyway he won't make it to Asia cup 2011 as Rafi has done enough to impress everyone

3. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Its Game over for Air India this season.After their master tactician Bimal Ghosh resigned, they look out of sorts and are 1 of the favourites for relegation

4. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Small correction Pune won 3-1 not 2-1!!

5. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    NIKE Manchester United Premier Cup U-15 India chapter is going to be started for it's fifth year. This grass root level football will be conducted across India from January 19 to February 4. In association with All India Football Federation(AIFF) this U-15 tournament has attracted participation from teams across different parts of the country such as Mumbai, Tamil Nadu, Bangalore, Orissa, Pondicherry, Kerala, Gujarat, Delhi, Chandigarh, Goa, Bengal and the North East. Like previous years, This year also over 33 teams from across the country will fight for Indian Finalists.Last Year Goan Team Salgaocar S.C beat Raghav F.C of Haryana 2 - 0 and went to England as a champion team from India. Sanjay Gangopadhyay, Marketing Director, Nike India Pvt Ltd., said “Nike and AIFF, for the last five years, have been conducting the Manchester United Premier Cup.We are very encouraged by the growing participation in this tournament each year, the number of participants has gone up from 8 to over 65 teams”.
    Welcoming the initiative, AIFF President Praful Patel said, “This annual event has helped popularize the sport at a grassroots level and fuel a passion for the sport amongst the immense pool of young talent in the country by giving them an opportunity to participate in a global tournament”.
    The North, North East & East Zone qualifiers will be held in Tav Devi Lal Stadium, Gurgaon from Jan 19-24 th. The participating teams are:

J&K Football Federation(J&K)
    Mornning Star Academy, Diphu (Assam)
    St. Sephen's Football Academy (Chandigarh)
    Punjab Team(Punjab)
    Delhi Team(Delhi
    Aizal Football Academy(Mizoram)
    Manipur Team(Maipur)
    Tripura Sport's School(Tripura)
    Sikkim Football Academy, Namchi(Sikkim)
    Kalyani Minucipality Football Academy(Bengal)
    Varanasi Football Academy(Uttar Pradesh)
    Durgeniun Football Club(Himachal Pradesh)
    JCT Mills(I-League Team from Punjab)
    Raghav Football club(Haryana)
    The South and West Zone qualifiers in Duler Stadium, Mapsa, Goa & Poriat Stadium, Calangute, Goa will be held from Jan 28-30 th.The India Finals would be played from Feb 2- 4, 2010 at Duler Stadium, Mapsa, Goa.The participating Teams in Goa are:
    Brazil Football Academy (Goa)
    Barca Football Academy(Gujrat)
    Mandya District Sports (Karnataka)
    Pondicherry State Team(Pondicherry)
    ONGC (Mumbai)
    Idduki District Football Academy(Kerala)
    Churchill Brothers(I-League Team from Goa)
    Sporting Clube de Goa (I-League Team from Goa)
    Salgaocar S.C (I-League Team from Goa)
    Dempo S.C(I-League Team from Goa)
    Viva Kerala(I-League Team from Kerala)
    Air India(I-League Team from Maharashtra)
    Pune F.C (I-League Team from Maharashtra)
    Mumbai F.C(I-League Team from Maharashtra)
    Mahindra United(I-League Team from Maharashtra)
    Shillong Lajong F.C(I-League Team from Meghalaya)
    MSSA (Mumbai)
    Capital Complex Club(Arunachal Pradesh)
    Uttrakhand Football Academy(Uttrakhand)

6. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League Results

Dempo SC 1-1 Chirag United

7. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League 09/10 Standings after Round 10

Standings after Round 9

1) Mahindra United --------(20pts),(GD,+14)

2) Dempo SC ---------- (19pts),(GD,+9)

3) Chirag United ----------(19pts),(GD,+4)

4) Churchill Bros-----------(18pts),(GD,+6)

5) Mohun Bagan ---------(17pts),(GD,+3)

6) Mumbai FC --------- (14pts),(GD,+1)

7) East Bengal FC -------- (13pts),(GD, +1)

8) Pune FC ------------- (12pts),(GD,0)

9) JCT FC -------------- (10pts),(GD,0)

10) Shillong Lajong -------- (9pts),(GD, -12)

11) Viva Kerala ---------- (8pts),(GD, -5)

12) Salgaocar ------------ (7pts),(GD ,-6)

13) SC Goa ------------- (5pts),(GD, -5)

14) Air India FC ---------- (5pts),(GD, -15)

8. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League Round 11 Results

Mumbai FC 3 -1 Shillong Lajong FC

9. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Mahindra United 1-2 Mohun Bagan AC

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England

The top of the league is very tight, hopefully it will continue with 4 or 5 title contenders right through to the end.

11. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

East Bengal FC 3-2 Churchill Brothers

Air India FC 2-1 Salgaocar SC

12. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    [​IMG]

Indian Sr. National Football Team captain Baichung Bhutia will play in an exhibition match against Benfica All Star Team at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon on Monday the 25th January.Previously he extended his helping hand in Goal4Africa charity match in Allianze Arena, Bayern Munich, in 2008 and scored two Goals in that match where he was in the squad of AC Milan's Clearance Seedorf's led XI. Baichung Bhutia once again brush shoulders with the finest footballers in the planet.

25th January's exhibition match is organised by the United Nations and the profit will go to the victims of Haiti earthquake.The Haiti earthquake that happened on the 12th of January is one of the worst in the history of mankind and natural disasters claiming more than 100,000 lives.

Zidane, Kaka, Portuguese football legend Eusebio and Haitian players Jean Sony and Joseph Peterson will kick off the VII Match Against Poverty in Lisbon on January 25.The Match Against Poverty is supported by the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).

The match will be refereed by Italian legendary Pierluigi Collina.More top international names are expected to confirm in the coming days.More than 20 TV channels around the world will broadcast the match live.

The complete list of confirmed players is as follows:

Ronaldo, Zidane & Friends team

Akwa (Angola)
    Kaka, Marcelo and Luciano da Silva (Brazil)
    Pavel Nedved (Czech Republic)
    Michael Laudrup (Denmark)
    Alfredo Esteves (East Timor)
    Graeme Le Saux (England)
    Zinedine Zidane, Fabien Barthez and Christophe Dugarry (France)
    Jean Sony and Joseph Peterson (Haiti)
    Baichung Bhutia (India)
    Edgar Davids, Patrick Kluivert, Phillip Cocu (Netherlands)
    Luis Figo, Fernando Couto and Pauleta (Portugal)
    Gheorghe Hagi and Gheorghe Popescu (Romania)
    Lucas Radebe (South Africa)
    and Fernando Hierro (Spain)

Benfica All Star team
    Rui Costa, Nuno Gomes, and former Benfica players will compose the Benfica All Star team.

13. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League 10/11 to have two new cities

[​IMG]
    ^^^^
    Bangalore

After missing out on a place in the second division of the I-league last season for not fully complying with licensing criteria,

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) may find themselves playing in the I-League top tier next season if the All India Football Federation decides to broaden base by adding two main centres that don’t figure in the competition.

The proposal to nominate two teams from Bangalore and New Delhi, that will take the number of I-league teams to 16, is on the agenda of the next executive committee meeting of the AIFF scheduled to be held on January 29. According to sources, the matter is on the agenda already sent to the committee members.

"The proposal is to add two new teams to the league through direct selection. These teams should not be from Bengal, Goa or Maharashtra, which now account for 10 of the 14 teams in the league. They should preferably be from Delhi and Bangalore," sources told TOI.

"The national capital and the garden city are two nerve centres of Indian football that don’t have I-league matches. While the matches in the Ambedkar stadium were well attended during the Durand Cup, the Bangalore football stadium witnessed huge crowd turnout even for the local league matches involving teams like HAL, BEML, MEG and KSP. So AIFF is keen to include two teams from these centres," a top football administrator said.

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^^^^
    New Delhi

14. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Chirag United 1-1 JCT FC

Dempo SC 3-1 SC Goa

15. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Viva Kerala FC 0-3 Pune FC

16. leohoenig

leohoenig Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Shipton
    Club:
    Cheltenham Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

"The national capital and the garden city are two nerve centres of Indian football that don’t have I-league matches. While the matches in the Ambedkar stadium were well attended during the Durand Cup, the Bangalore football stadium witnessed huge crowd turnout even for the local league matches involving teams like HAL, BEML, MEG and KSP. So AIFF is keen to include two teams from these centres," a top football administrator said.

This raises two questions
    1) Is it a good thing to drop new sides into the Premier League, without making them go through the second division series. The League could easily promote two without relegating anyone?

2) Being India, what is meant by huge crowd turnout?

17. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

HAL, ONGC and Mohd. Sporting are the favs to win da second divison. So no need to worry about the teams quality!!!

As far as i know HAL gets crowd averages of 5000-6000 in local league itself so when playing in da I league you can expext 10000!!!

18. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League Round 12 Results

Shillong Lajong FC 0-0 Churchill Brothers

19. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

JCT FC 2-0 SC Goa

Star striker Baljit Sahni who missed the SAFF Cup and few matches of I-league due accident is back and has immediately scored a goal on 65th minute of his substitute appearance

Baljit has now scored 7 goals from 8 matches and he is likely to play in next months AFC Challenge Cup in Sri Lanka,Colombo

20. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Mahindra United 0-0 Mumbai FC

Salgaocar SC 2-1 Mohun Bagan AC

Pune FC 2-1 Chirag United

21. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

What about Chennai and Hyderabad ?

22. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Football in Hyderabad is very bad i cant even think of a team dat can make it to second divison!!!
    In Chennai der r som decent teams lyk Netaji SC, Indian Bank FC and Young Challengers but dey r far from first divison!!!

23. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

AIFF Executive committee presided by Praful M Patel, President AIFF met in New Delhi on Friday,29th Jan 10.The following decisions were unanimously adopted : All affiliated State Associations to conform their Statues in line with FIFA, AFC & AIFF constitution by Dec 2010.
    To have at least two dedicated venues for the AIFF to conduct competitions.

To add two teams to the I League next year by direct selection. These teams shall not be from either West Bengal,Goa or Maharashtra. Special criteria to be laid by AIFF for such teams.

Two teams will be relegated from I League 2009-10 ,Two teams will be promoted from 2nd Division and Two by direct selection to make it 16 teams for the I league 2010-11.

All I league clubs to meet club licensing criteria in the time frame to be issued by AIFF.

National Team players ( Asian Games and Senior National Team ) will not be allowed to play in the National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy.

National team preparation programme was approved .Following camps will be held :

Senior team:4th Feb – 26th Feb 2010 at Dubai.

24th Jun -15th Aug 10 : camp in Europe.

Asian Games Team : 4th – 14th Feb 2010 at Pune.

The team will participate in AFC Challenge cup in Sri Lanka from 15th Feb to 27th Feb 10.

Mr Joaquim Alemao was elected Vice President AIFF from the West Zone

24. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Executive Committee meeting

AIFF Executive committee presided by Praful M Patel, President AIFF met in New Delhi on Friday,29th Jan 10.The following decisions were unanimously adopted : All affiliated State Associations to conform their Statues in line with FIFA, AFC & AIFF constitution by Dec 2010.
    To have at least two dedicated venues for the AIFF to conduct competitions.

To add two teams to the I League next year by direct selection. These teams shall not be from either West Bengal,Goa or Maharashtra. Special criteria to be laid by AIFF for such teams.

Two teams will be relegated from I League 2009-10 ,Two teams will be promoted from 2nd Division and Two by direct selection to make it 16 teams for the I league 2010-11.

All I league clubs to meet club licensing criteria in the time frame to be issued by AIFF.

National Team players ( Asian Games and Senior National Team ) will not be allowed to play in the National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy.

National team preparation programme was approved .Following camps will be held :

Senior team:4th Feb – 26th Feb 2010 at Dubai.

24th Jun -15th Aug 10 : camp in Europe.

Asian Games Team : 4th – 14th Feb 2010 at Pune.

The team will participate in AFC Challenge cup in Sri Lanka from 15th Feb to 27th Feb 10.

Mr Joaquim Alemao was elected Vice President AIFF from the West Zone

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England