Indian Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ashindia, Nov 30, 2009.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Re: Indian Federation Cup,Day 1 Results

Erm, right. Go to India and get some trials.

You can't just sit on the computer from the otherside of the world and hope someone will select you.

Remember, the season is starting now with the Federation Cup, so most teams are already preparing there foreign quota. You might just have missed the boat.

What makes you think he can get more money in India anyway?

2. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Frankly speaking it will be very difficult for him to play in I-League,if he wants to play in foreign quota then he has to adjust himself with the harsh climate(34-40 centigrade+horrible humidity) and then outperform the Africans and South Americans.

In past there have been many PIO's(Players Of Indian Origin) in India and most of them failed to adjust to the conditions.

He's better of playing in USA cause Football here is not as developed as everyone thinks.

3. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Lol at the part in bold.

BTW: I am a great football player too and want to play in the EPL. I've experience of playing with my nieces and nephews and even score on them a few times. Whom should I approach?

I can play the flute too, if it helps.

:D :p joke.

@ theU, I wish your cousin all the best in his search for a club.

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England

I think it would be far easier for him to play Football Manager on the computer. He would get to know the players very well and maybe buy a couple of players from America.

That reminds me, I once managed Mohun Bagan to the double, I.League and AFC Cup honours! Does that qualify me to start managing? I couold run them from my home in the UK!

5. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    if he is really interested in playing iwould suggestTO HIM visiting viva kerala,or HALSC,or ongc

6. theU

theU Member

Jun 20, 2007
    thank you for some of the helpful responses. its funny how many ppl think this is a joke or something. i am unfamilar with indian soccer even though we are indian. he just thought it would be nice to play a few months in our home country for a bit before he tries again to get a solid offer from a mls team. its funny though how chertri cant play or keep on an mls team and my cuz had offers from many mls teams so i guess he sucks as do i. btw he was an all conference player in d1 and i start for my college team.

7. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    which conference does he play
    in college soccer ACC and BE are strong

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Hong Kong team squad that will face India on 4 Oct has been announced:

GK: Tse Tak-Him, Lee Hon-Ho
    DF: Shum Kwok-Fai, Lee Chi-Ho, Wong Chin-Hung, Chan Wai-Ho, Lee Hang-Wui, Poon Yew-Cheuk, Li Wai-Lun
    MF: Chu Siu-Ki, Lo Kwan-Yee, Leung Chun-Bong, Lam Ka-Wai, Bai He, Li Hai-Qiang
    FW: Ye Jia, Lee Wai-Lim, Chan Siu-Ki, Lee Hong-Lim.

They will depart HK on 2 Oct for India and return on 5 Oct. Ng Wai-Chiu of Hangzhou Greentown is not able to join due to CSL commitments.

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So now you've gone from playing in I.League to just a few months. Don't think the coaches will like that.

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    India Senior Team will take on Hong kong on October 4 at the Balewadi Sports Complex, Pune for an International Friendly.
    India has so far played three friendlies, where Bob Houghton coached side suffered double defeats at the hands of Thailand, while they picked up a thumping 2-0 victory over Namibia.
    The AFC Asian Cup 2011 participants will then, play Vietnam on October 8, before locking their horns with Yemen on October 13.

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=1847

11. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    East Bengal win Federation Cup

East Bengal 1-0 Mohun Bagan

12. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I may go for this game. If I do, I'll post pics.

Which smart guy decided to schedule this friendly on a Monday?:confused: :mad:

13. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    CWG Opening Ceremony I guess :confused:

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good, hope to see your pics. Our team left for Mumbai on Saturday. Three Kitchee players joined them in Singapore (some say Kuala Lumpur) for the journey.

[​IMG]

I heard from HKFA that India scheduled the Vietnam game first then they thought they could put another game together before hand and so they invited us.

Last time Hong Kong played India I think was January 2009 in Hong Kong and we won 2:1. I am not so optimistic this time. Striker Chan Siu-Ki is injured and will not travel. Tsang Wai-Chung selected Shum Kwok-Keung, a midfielder, in his place.

15. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    India 0-1 Hong Kong FT

Both teams were equally pathetic but Hong Kong captain scored a good volley to edge India. :mad:

With this result it seems that India was just put into Asia Cup for Marketing purpose and there is nothing like India improved under Bob.I really feel sorry for dozen of talented nations which are missing Asia Cup 2011. :eek:

16. hottentotspur redded

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    How big is cricket in India compared with soccer? I heard soccer is more popular in cities like Cochin, Kolkata, Margao and Imphal, and is almost as popular as cricket in India, is that true?

17. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: Indian vs Hong Kong Gallery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: India vs Hong Kong Gallery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Hey bro, don't be so pessimistic :)....it's a learning process, I believe the players will give their best in the tournament.

20. indiafootballfan

Feb 26, 2010
    all over usa
    Club:
    Pune FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    lets hope for a draw against vietnam

21. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    More than a draw

India(chettri) 3-1 Vietnam :cool:

22. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqF6c8nqBek"]YouTube - Sunil Chhetri Goal (india vs vietnam)[/ame]

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIDo3SmXsg"]YouTube - India vs Vietnam - October 8 2010[/ame]

24. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good victory. Also, we converted most of the chances we got. Its good that we were so clinical. In the Asian Cup, we will be playing much stronger sides and we will have to take our chances because there won't be many. A good result to instill confidence and build on for the Asian Cup. :)