India V Pakistan

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by RoyalMan, Feb 22, 2005.

1. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
    Probably the biggest sporting series in the world gets underway in a couple of weeks time.

Predicitions?

Any series with Shahid Afridi in it is worth watching just for that alone :D

2. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    India win the whole thing with a whitewash (test matches and one-day)! :D

3. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    latest i heard was the series might be canceled b/c of tv contracts? i can't find the link, but recall reading the title of the article at least. (ha!, talk about shadey reporting by me!)

4. davindersangha redded

May 28, 2004
    Hi,

I'm one of the only persons to have tracked down some Adidas India football jersey's in home and away colours. I've got around 20 of them and some are already spoken for. My listings are on eBay (run a search for "Adidas India shirt"), but i'm not allowed to openly advertise on the board (but am currently trying to advertise on the site itself).

If you are interested, please contact me directly to get hold of one. As you are probably aware, these shirts are frightningly rare and very difficult to get hold of. As, mentioned I only have 20 of them and once they are gone (depending on how many more people want them), then they could be gone for good.

These are unquestionably the finest Adidas shirts ever produced as they were custom designed by the India manager. Check out the close ups and you will agree.

Price is £39 but I can try and reduce postage depending on which area of the world you are in.

For a close up, check out http://www.sassco.co.uk/shop/india.htm

Regards,

Davinder Sangha davinder.sangha@sassco.co.uk

5. Feroze Ali

Feroze Ali Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Canada,Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No duh INDIA WILL WIN!

6. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It all starts in about 24 hours in Mohali. Let it roll!!!!

7. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    India with early advantage on day 1 of the first test in Mohali. Pakistan asked to bat first, and are struggling at 191-6 just before tea.

9. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Cough, cough!!! [R] on the thread header ??? :D

10. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too late now......

11. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All in all a very interesting 1st day, I think. Kamal made it a bit more interesting. Pakistan crossing the 300 barrier, but getting all out in the process. Nobody has a clear advantage yet. India, if at all may have a slight advantage, only because time is on their side. But it remains to be seen how Wednesday's contest goes.

12. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    India in commanding position now, thanks to Sehwag's batting. Day 3 about to get underway.

13. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The third day (especially later half) was a bit of a bore. India has squandered the time advantage they had, I think. There are only 2 more days left, and if Pakistan could see it out with their batting, there may not be any decision. India's lead is not as big as what they could have built.

14. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great 1st session so far. Pakistan lost 3 quick wickets in succession, and are behind by 152 runs with 7 wickets in hand. But Inzamam ul-Haq is still batting with other established batsmen to come. It remains to be seen if they crumble under any pressure, or carry their team through. Kumble, who has been a Pakistan nemesis for many years, hasn't bowled much. He has the potential of destroying their backbone and winning the match for India.

15. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, India got the big break they were looking for getting Inzamam out before tea. But this wasn't before he put in a major contribution trying to rescue Pakistan. However, I still feel neither team has a clear advantage, and there is a big danger of the match being drawn out. The biggest burden to extract a result is on Indian bowling, especially Kumble. The next 2 hours are vital for this, as India's lead is now only 53 runs with 6 Pakistan wickets to fall.

16. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very disappointing for India for not being able to finish off the test, but credit to Pakistan for their fighting batting in the second innings.

17. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Pakistan played well to get away with a draw in this game, especially after falling well behind on the first innings. Inzy still has some fight left in him by the looks.

18. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
    Second Test - Day 1:

India 344/6.

Nice century by Dravid. Tendulkar passes 10,000 test runs.

BUT the main news is.....

My Man Afridi's Playing! :D

19. adnanmn

adnanmn New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Pakistan(Rawalpindi)
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    second test second day

good batting performance from pakistan u sayyyyy

afridi in the team

and check out the century from younis and yousuf

and especially last ball four for a century for yousuf (how many players in the world will attempt that?)
    Pakistan incharge for yet another historic win INSHALLAH.

20. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Expect a boring draw now......

21. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve Bucknor is an incompetent idiot of the highest degree, and should be sacked TODAY!!!! The senile moron has time and again shown that he is not in the capacity to perform his job, and made shocking decisions having impact on match results. Yet, I'm amazed that the old man continues to get the job. I wonder if there some bribing going on in ICC at a high level to keep this idiot in job.

Replace him with Pierluigi Collina who will be out of the referee job very soon.

Honestly, I'm not expecting the result of the current match to be affected by Bucknor's folly yesterday. But still, I'm really really mad at him. :mad:

22. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
    Cmon man.

You guys have had ONE decision go against you and this is your reaction?

What about Inzamam, twice in the first test?

23. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehehehehehehe.... Now let's see who's talking. 422 to win the test match. Man, pressure, pressure.

24. adnanmn

adnanmn New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Pakistan(Rawalpindi)
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    we will see
    i hope that pakistan wins tomorrow.
    imagine a win around 100,000 opposite crowd.
    i m pretty sure that pakistan will give 1000% out of 100%, (unless inzi gets bad decission as well).
    and it will be a world record if pakistan chase it.

i m sure if imran khan or wasim akram would be in team and captain then pakistan would have done it.

but inzi has got the team spirit going now and it seems he is doing a pretty good job
    and let me tell u that younis, razzaq, and inzi will play from their heart, deep inside.
    and if india manage to get them out then pakistan will loss, otherwise if only two of them stay long, then its curtains for india.
    lets see what happens tomorrow.

ideal situation for cricket though.
    friendly environment,
    sunday,
    100,000 people, maybe more.
    last day, last inings
    and what a good game of cricket.