Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Andre Gomes was never particularly good. I'd much rather have Chalobah than him, to be honest.

If it was up to me, I'd much rather spend a lot of money on someone like Weigl and convince him he'll be the next Fabregas for us.

ArmanSLR repped this.
  2. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think Batshuayi is better than Pedro / Willian at the moment. He is a very good finisher but his hold up and link up play needs a lot of work, which is completely understandable considering his age / mins played with the team.

We will more then likely see Hazard / Morata / Pedro up top when fit next season.

JimWharton repped this.
  3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The only time I ever want to see Morata/Michy on the field together is if we run a 4-2-4 or 3-5-2.

cokeyounut repped this.
  4. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do not want Andre Gomes. If our options are going to be Andre Gomes or Danny Drinkwater for £30m+ than I rather go into the season with a youth player as a 4th choice CM. That way he gains experience and we are not stuck with an overpriced average player.

5. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I just hope Pedro (at 30 years young) can maintain his form from last season.

6. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wouldn't worry about Pedro. He is in very good shape physically and is one of our best players technically. Also, typically in his career he has had a good injury record and he generally did not play huge amounts of minutes in the majority of his career so I think he still has 2-3 solid years ahead of him. Pedro is a very good player and at the £24M that we paid for him is a bargain.

7. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know still time in the window but why does this all seem like deja vu ?

"Mourinho Season" and "no depth" are going to be the catchphrases that stick with this team if they slip up. Nothing is ever certain with this club, do the bookies have odds out yet for Conte being sacked by Christmas ?

I hope someone steps up against Burnley. Last season we always seemed a step off the pace if Costa or Hazard were out, now both gone. These first few games are critical in what will be a very close race for the title.

8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Meh, we aren't finishing 10th again.

What we do seem to be risking is being exactly where I felt we were at going into last season aka likely to finish in the top 4 with anything beyond that being a huge surprise.

Just like the Morata signing where everyone was losing their shit over us not having signed someone yet, I find it very hard to believe we won't end up with 2-3 new players whoever tf they might be by the end of this month.

9. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I agree there will be 2-3 more. Just needs to be more than Michael Hector and Papy

10. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Aurier, sure.

Van Dijk. no. why? no.

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If you don't follow Dan Levene on Twitter, you really should. Fantastic Chels reporter.

"One of the most laughable Chelsea social media tropes is the 'Roman loves the club, the board are a disgrace' argument. Roman IS the board."

"Sure, he employs Buck/Emenalo/Granovskaia to do his bidding. But who do you reckon sets the bids? Talk of 'the board' is noob behaviour."

"Masses seem to believe Roman arrives daily & says: "Emenalo, you've ********ed up again! But unlike my managers/players/wives, I won't sack you"

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    United are supposedly in for Aurier as well. If his legal issues are resolved, he'd be a good signing.

I don't get the VvD interest, unless Rudiger is going to be Alonso's backup, which seems nutty.

15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I don't think so - he just want his son to play.

17. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Woke up this morning to find articles stating that Danny Drinkwater is are top transfer target for the rest of the summer.

I thought it couldn't get any worse..

18. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Where our closest rivals stand in terms of key transfers this summer.

United
    In: Matic, Lukaku, Lindelhof,
    Out: Januzaj, Rooney, Ibra

City
    In: Mendy, Walker, Danillo, Bernardo Silva, Ederson
    Out: Iheanacho, Unal, Kolorav, Fernando, Hart, Navas, Clichy, Zabaleta, Caballero, Sagna

Arsenal
    In: Lacazette, Kolasinac
    Out: Szczczcesesny, Sanogo

Liverpool
    In: Salah, Robertson, Solanke
    Out: Leiva

Tottenham
    In: None
    Out: Walker, Bentaleb

Everton (I know, but added for their sheer amount of activity/ambition)
    In: Keane, Pickford, Klaassen, Onyekuru, Sandro Ramirez, Rooney
    Out: Lukaku, Deulofeu, Cleverley, McGeady

For the hell of it, Milan had an amazing window.
    In: Bonucci, Andre Silva, Conti, Calhangolu, Mussachio, Rodriguez, Biglia, Kessie, Borini
    Out: De Sciglio, Kucka

Rman3349 and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I hear you. Best quote around Drinkwater came from Craig Shakespeare I think. When Kante was there, he said they played with 3 central midfielders: Drinkwater in the middle and Kante on either side.

He's English, though.

Lewis Baker (also English) set to go on loan.

20. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Are you in the UK? You should try reading the UK press! I have NEVER seen such a hate campaign to try and 'unsettle' a club. Basically if we are to believe a word of it then Hazard desperately wants to leave, Conte desperately wants to leave, Chelsea are 'at war', Chelsea fans are 'up in arms', the pre-season transfer activity has been the biggest disaster since the Titanic sank etc etc. Don't worry, Chelsea FC is hated by the press, I have never seen such hatred, its probably even worse than when the (then) much hated Mourninho was at the club, they are simply desperately trying to de-rail the club. I feel sure that the club is working with Conte to get the right 'fit(s)'. I know the Spanish boards make it seem 'otherwise' but buying players is not like buying groceries at Tesco's, I feel there is more transfer activity to come. It will be hard this season but I am DESPERATE to see a London club win the league (hopefully us of course) just to see this countries journalists in tears :)

21. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Danny Drinkwater is Steve Sidwell 2.0. We don't seem to learn

22. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hopefully Rudi will be better than Tal Ben-Haim

23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A Rudiger Awakening - The Chelsea Transfer Thread
    One Willy and a Kante - The Chelsea Transfer Thread
    Moratal Kombat - The Chelsea Transfer Thread
    Bakayokohama Tyred -The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Dtrip77 and Doppel6 repped this.
  24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Def the best of the bunch so far

Wrath, Ninjatend0 and JimWharton repped this.
  25. Doppel6

Doppel6 Member

Chelsea
    Aug 2, 2017
    Free Willy - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

truefan420 repped this.