Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i agree with that, though Fab has been playing much deeper the last two years. all that is to say that he'd be a great option to have a good compliment to Kante in a two man midfield. someone who can have that good mix of metronome and dymanic passing, yet still mobile enough to intercept and cover passing lanes. definitely a type of player we need and don't really have.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Agreed.

3. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so i now we are all a bit skeptical of Sarri and how all this is going, but i hope it goes through for one reason. i think we have a better chance for attracting some good players. Jorginho would be a very good first step. we need some good signing like that if we have a chance of keeping hazard.

4. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why does Sarri have a better chance? He can attract the players he coached, that's about it. Conte is much more established. Money generally attracts good players. That is why Pogba and Sanchez went to play for Jose.

5. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    unfortunately i think there is a stigma around Conte (specifically conte at chelsea) now. everyone know's he's a dead man walking. maybe i'm wrong and he sticks around, but the likelihood of that happening is pretty low.

Sarri i think represent more the club getting things sorted finally so people can know what they are getting in to. and he does have a good reputation with his style of play that i think would excite either hazard to possibly stay, or for another good attacker to come and play in that system. and maybe sarri brings jorginho, but that's possible a player we may not have gotten otherwise, and it's a good start to positive recruitment. getting a good player may help convince others.

if Conte stays, i think everyone assume we'll basically be just waiting to get rid of him either during the season or right after, that's not a great situation for recruitment, despite his good track record. of course, maybe it's actually all roses behind the scenes, just doesn't seem that way.

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agree about the stigma around Conte at Chelsea but getting Sarri is no indication of the club having sorted anything. We might be back at the same place next year so there is no guarantee for the players of what they are getting into.

Also, Sarri likes to press heavily, something which Conte wanted to as well but then gave up looking at our players. I will be really interested if Sarri can actually incorporate his style without major backing.

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Conte more established but didn't get any of his #1 targets. Maybe Kante, but these days impossible to know who is doing the buying.*

*hint: it's really the club

Wrath repped this.
  8. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What needs "taking easy?" I just hope we land a good replacement for Thibault.

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sarri will be different. Almost regardless of a specific approach, different has served us well on this rollercoaster of the last decade and a half. Things like formations, players, tactics are seemingly unimportant in the scheme of things.

Love what conte brought but vive la différence. Just wrap it up asap is all I ask.

Oh, and Jorginho. I ask for that too. Just the ticket.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, Scolari and AVB were also different.

In separate news, Barca are apparently talking to Hazard. I hope he doesn't leave but Hazard playing with Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Couinho would be something to see.

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    those rumors seem to involve them saying they are talking to his agents, but hazard is self represented so there is some real speculation on authenticity. that being said, it's stupid not to think that hazard is on a few lists at top clubs.

12. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also read Barca are going to put in an approved bid for Willian. Can't have both him and Hazard. That'll blow my mind

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Hazard has two years left on his deal. Even if we sell, it would be for an astronomical figure, especially after the world cup he just had. We hold all the cards.

As far as Willian, I'm a bigger fan of his than many others on this forum, but for 60M I'll gladly buy him the plane ticket to Barcelona. Use that money to get Martial from United.

truefan420 repped this.
  14. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Chelsea will have to cave if Barca put close to 100-120M bid. We will have a disgruntled player for another year who won't sign an extension. We will be in a much worse condition next year if that happens.

15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    just in case:

Nainggolan was asked a year ago who he rated as Serie A’s most difficult opponent and the Belgian named Jorginho. ‘My toughest opponent? I’d say Jorginho,’ he said. ‘He always plays in small spaces, with one-metre passes. It’s difficult to keep up with him or to try to cut out his passes.

‘You get very tired because he distributes the ball very quickly yet he remains practically still.’

16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New transfer thread names:

Real Hazards of the window: The Transfer Thread

Blueallthru repped this.
  17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    First, we’d have him for two years. Second, why would we sell for that little given how much Coutinho went for?

Blueallthru repped this.
  18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we say no to Barca this year, we are in a much inferior position next year as he clearly has shown no inclination to sign an extension and will only have a year left. Coutinho in comparison had a 5 year contract with Pool.

Are you expecting 200M for a disgruntled player with only 2 years left on his contract?

19. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if we show ambition that there's a high likelihood that Hazard would sign an extension. However, the ambition part is our biggest hurdle. The guy wants to know that our aim is to win the CL again. Don't think just winning the league is enough anymore.

Wrath repped this.
  20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would like to keep Willian, as I rate the player. I would certainly not want to see him go to Jose and United. It now seems Chelsea have received a second bid worth £60m from Barcelona for Brazil winger Willian, 29. Well you know. . .depending on the replacement that is not too shoddy. I like him, he has been great for us, but if he wants some time with Barca.

Real Madrid are preparing a £150m bid to take Belgium forward Eden Hazard, 27, from Chelsea. I think we can get a little more than that.

Chelsea could be set to miss out on CSKA Moscow and Russia midfielder Aleksandr Golovin because the 22-year-old would prefer a move to Juventus. I was not over whelmed with Golovin. IF he does got to Juve, and they already have Ronaldo. I wonder who they might be selling? Paulo Dyabla maybe?

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should be going after him to keep Hazard but he likely stays and we up wasting 100 million higuain

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    First, since Barca already have Dembele in that position, the links there don’t make much sense. Real is far more likely.
    Second, you’re assuming the other team is under no pressure to buy so can always walk away. That’s not the case.

23. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    First, Real also has the option of Neymar apparently. They can afford to pay higher for a younger player. If the Neymar option dies, we can possibly milk them but only so much.

Second, I am just going by the rumors and like you said, Barca already have Dembele there and can afford to walk away and wait a year.

We will agree to disagree.

24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Also bear in mind we haven't sold anybody the club didn't want to sell in 11 years.

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jorginho in with RLC returning is already a huge positive for us.

Baka, IMO, will come out fine. He stepped into a bad season.. despite some awful peformances, he is young and I have far from given up on him. Our midfield is looking way deeper already.

At striker? Michy, Morata and Giroud? Not bad at all man.. hopefully we figure out a way to keep Michy happy, don't sell Morata and don't bother with the likes of Higuain.