Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm a huge believer in Conte, and I'm starting to lose faith that he will be here next season. It just seems the club is set in its way of doing business and Conte thought he would get more say in regards to the transfers then he actually is.

I can't see any manager I rather have at this club currently aside from Pep, then Antonio Conte.

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I miss Emenalo :(

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pep would leave in a month if he was offered Barkley, Drinkwater and Carroll

4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Start saying your goodbyes. He wont be here next season.

5. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would love to see Jardim here as the next manager. He has shown he can integrate youth well and play attractive football at Monaco. Would be a good option with a more limited budget than we are accustomed to imo, and I'd be seriously surprised if he wasn't on the board's shortlist when the time comes. I'd also love for Conte to stay mind you, but Jardim may work better with the setup we seem to be going for

Blueallthru repped this.
  6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Naughtius Maximus and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    His length at each club seems to mesh well with our system, too.

2003–2008 Camacha
    2008–2009 Chaves
    2009–2011 Beira-Mar
    2011–2012 Braga
    2012–2013 Olympiacos
    2013–2014 Sporting CP
    2014– Monaco

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? I saw it was just a loan till the end of the year.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2 posts up a link re: permanent

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Remember the time we laughed at Pool for paying 35M for Carroll.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** our board is dumb

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Which was our money to begin with as we funded the deal from the Torres transfer.

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We kind of don't have a board. It's Roman and the advice of advisors.

Emenalo: Gone.
    Guy Lawrence: New chief executive. He doesn't pick players.
    Marina Granovskaia: She cuts through the crap to get deals done. She doesn't pick targets.
    David Banard: Transfer administrator; he doesn't pick targets
    Bruce Buck: Money. He doesn't pick targets.
    Conte: Just a manager. At most, he gives suggestions.
    Eugene Tenenbaum: Roman's right hand. Doesn't pick targets.
    Roman: He owns the whole lot. He likes to pick players. But I reckon he doesn't do that much, but he does say yea or nay. And he's not yay'ing Alexis Sanchez's pay package at 29 years old.

Roman, Buck, Eugene, Marina are basically the board. Maybe together they target players. Maybe they outsource it. I don't know. It's crazy. And no one asks.

14. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Being linked by Di Marzio with Emerson Palmieri. Left back at Roma. Been out for a while with a knee injury but was sought after by Liverpool and Juventus once upon a time. Also been called up to Italy (don’t think he’s made an appearance though) and is only 23. As long as he’s <£30M sounds like a realistic one actually. Not cup-tied in CL because of his injury I’m pretty sure

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Can we get a bit of a reality check here?

In the last 3 seasons we've been crowned champions twice whilst having a positive net spend on both occasions (right?). Meanwhile, it has taken City 300 mil to get properly situated and United, despite their huge expenditure, still can't get it right.

From a fiscal point of view, well, our board has done pretty brilliantly. Idiots or clueless? Farthest thing from it. Apparently they're a whole lot smarter than anyone else's in the Prem.

The only truly idiotic thing they've done is allow Matic to go to a direct rival. That plus trusting Jose Mourinho to have all the power over our player transfers upon his return that Conte wishes he had.

They seem to be trying to balance improving the team but also not getting held for ransom on players. Barkley is a great example of this. The money is quite obviously there. The narrative that it isn't is nonsense. We've seen plenty of failed bids, almost all failing because the asking prices are absurd.

stanger and Crawleybus repped this.
  16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that no one knows or asks is beyond scary.

17. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Indeed Everton have spent money well. They had one of the best wing play before Koeman bought 3 CMs/CAMS last year and tried to centralize their play.

Blueallthru repped this.
  18. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agree with this.

The cloudy nature of transfers really makes it hard to place blame. If we're blaming an imaginary board, we should also blame them for letting Salah and De Bruyne leave, regardless of whether we think Jose wanted them gone - or that they asked to leave.

Still, at the time, we made a profit on both.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do you mean buying Walcott at 29 and on the downward slope of his Newcastle-bound career is a good buy?

I think Everton bringing in Keane, Klassen, Gylfi, and Pickford were great. Koeman was pretty terrible, but also they didn't come close to replacing Lukaku.

20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have a feeling most Chelsea Twitter fans want the squad I currently have in FIFA18, which I must say, is fun to play.

My starting XI (I play the attacking 4-3-3). Anyone want to figure out the real life wage structure for a roster like this? LOL.

Courtois
    Kimmich, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Kuzawa
    Kante, Saul
    Asensio
    Pulisic, Morata, Hazard

Bench:
    GK: Cabalerro
    D: Zouma, Hysaj, Ampadu, Funes Mori
    M:Lo Celso, RLC, Pasalic, Hudson-Odoi, Brandt, Baker, Avijaj, Piazon
    F: Abraham, Rodrigo

LOL. With 100m in the bank ready to buy Timo Werner.

Blueallthru repped this.
  21. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If real life Bakayoko was as good as FIFA 18 Bakayoko we would be close to 1st!

22. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Haha, what? Everton have spent their money on old slow players, and are paying the price.

cr7torossi repped this.
  23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I missed this article back before Christmas. Our head international scout, Scott McLachlan, has been temporarily taking over Emenalo's spot since he left for Monaco.

"McLachlan is working closely with Granovskaia and is already drawing up transfer plans for the January window"

I'm assuming that this is a very collaborative effort without much of anyone's identity stamped on it.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/24/chels...lacement-michael-emenalo-7183104/?ito=cbshare

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now Palmeiri is someone to be excited about if he recovers his pre-injury form.

Matt Law

✔@Matt_Law_DT

Update on left-back Emerson Palmieri. Chelsea want to take him on an initial loan because of injury problems. Roma want between £22m and £26m. Negotiating to be done... #cfc

25. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Would be a very good signing at those prices imo. From what I understand he has basically been recovered since sometime in December but has been out of favor due to Kolarov's good form. He was one of the best full backs in Serie A for the latter half of last year