Inane Chatter

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I love to eat all kind of fried goodness, especially wings and Chinese food.

My girlfriend knows all about that last part

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ever had a fried twinkie? Fried Mars Bar? When I was in college we had a fryer and we used to get drunk and fry anything and everything. I am trying to think of the more crazier (and good) things we tried.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fried Snickers, amazing.

My friend has a fryer and does just that, unfortunately it looks like the same grease he's had for years so I wont go anywhere near it.

Well that and Ive been trying to get fit again

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I would punch anyone who made me that on my birthday.

5. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    There goes my present.

Son of a b*tch. Back to the drawing board.

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Damn ********ing straight. Get thee back to a phone to make restaraunt reservations.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I saw a fried Oreo once when I was in Nashville.

And I agree, get me some freaking pasta and I'm set.

8. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pasta is always great and can be made so many ways it never gets old, as long as I have some kickass bread too.

My new obsession is steamed dumplings. Cant get enough. Im a decent enough cook, but my brother in law(who I learned90% of it from) makes amazing homemade steamed dumplings and eggrolls from scratch.

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I took her to a nice dinner last night. Her Mom always makes her whatever she wants for her birthday. My wife hates red meat but she likes chicken fried steak.

Though I learned today that my mother-in-law's version is not fried. It's breaded steak that is baked. I didn't take as much joy out of it.

10. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Anyone here enjoy Menudo? No Eddie not the music group (you boy band enthusiast), I'm talkin' the soup.

Better question, is anyone here Mexican? Am I the only brown around here? I don't look the part but if having Menudo every Sunday morning with a Tecate is any evidence...well then color me Campos.

[​IMG]

I'm convinced that we're related.

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Menudo is the most disgusting "thing" ever. It can not even be classified as food.

Danny, you are NOT brown. Sorry to break it to you.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I have to be honest - I'd never want someone to cook for me on my birthday. I know its nice and all, but I'd much rather sit at a nice restaurant, enjoy a nice bottle of wine, be served by waiters and not worry about anything. Plus, I'm sad to say, I've never met anyone who cooks as well as the cooks in Bouley's kitchen.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I love eating out too but I will always take a home cooked meal over a restaurant meal. I've eaten at a lot of places (and many fine ones) and I always prefer my wife's spaghetti and meatballs with a bottle of cabernet over going out. I just like the please of sitting at home with family at home. I get too distracted at restaurants because so many people are doing things to annoy me. Being as I waitered for the better part of 10 years, I know the kinds of things that happen in EVERY kitchen except my one at home.

14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll take a restaurant (If it's a good one) over having someone fuss over me. My birthday is coming up soon and at best I just want to go to this pizza place at U of M's campus. That's it really.

As for waiting tables, don't have the patience for it.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I saw on TV this burger place in Ann Arbor. It looked amazing and I've been bugging Catherine to take a weekend trip to Detroit/Michigan to go there.

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    People annoy you at restaurants? Really? If I'm going out for my birthday, the idea is that the restaurant is going to have good enough service that I won't be bothered. That instead it will be seamless and I'll enjoy the meal. In my mind its not even close.

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What was the name of it? I might have been there. Quite a few good places to eat up here actually.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ann Arbor is very nice, and I say that as someone who has, shall we say, less than neutral feelings about The School Up North. Also has the most shrinks per capita of any city in the US. (Years of Lllllloyd Carr will do that to you, apparently.)
    Still, our tastes in birthday food slightly differ. ;) I didn't do anything for my birthday last year (was wiped out from a horrific week of work), but the year before went to Gordon Ramsey, which, for Eddie's sake I can assure everyone, had phenomenal service.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm with Eddie here in the sense that a well-cooked home meal takes the cake...............but, I also agree with Nice that if you go to a nice-enough restaurant, you won't be bothered unless you want to be bothered.

Also, it depends on how many people are attending your birthday.

20. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ohio State fan I take it? ;)

I grew up a lone UM fan in a sea of Michigan State fans.

As for birthdays, simply went to this local restaurant that I've always loved last year. The bread there is amazing.

21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not usually the waiters, it's the patrons. People become douches when they enter restaurants. It's a fact. I see people do things like send back a steak after they've eaten the whole thing and then want their money back and cause a big scene, people hassling over making sure they leave exactly 12% or 15% (you should always tip atleast 20% unless the wait staff sucked balls). Just things like that in general send me bonkers. Plus I am anal when I go out. Everyone has to know what they want soon as the waiter comes, you can't customize your order when you're out with me, etc. And God forbid if someone spills their drink.

I am weird, I know.

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I have almost never seen any of the problems you describe at the type of place I'd go for my birthday. So I think that's where the divergence is :)

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You've never waitered so you don't know what to look for!

Honestly waitering is the single worst (and best) job a human can possess. It makes you crazy.

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I was a waiter once. It was at the Hilton in San Francisco. One of the hardest things one can do.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Well, what kind of places were you a waiter at? It does really make a difference. I cannot imagine seeing anyone sending back a steak at Dylan Prime after eating it.