Inane Chatter

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Saving the world? Is she a cheerleader?

Hmmm....

Same with me! About junior year of HS I had my first surgery. That was three surgeries ago. They still pop up and down stairs and kill like hell in the morning and I'm only 30! My kneecaps still pop out quite often. It hurts like hell but I am so used to it at this point that I can pop it back onto the meniscus (a sort of washer that holds the kneecap in place).

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    PRE! STOP PRE! LOL

He was a buzzword amongst my team.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's always off volunteering somewhere. This weekend it is Camp Boggy Creek, which she frequents. It is completely donated by big companies like Disney and wealthy people like Sting.... I think.

Kids with diffrent conditions go there all expenses paid. This weekend it is kids with auto immune deficiencies(sp?), and over the summer she did it for a week for kids with heart conditions.

The knee stuff sounds horrifying.

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have a Whole Foods near me (total yuppie organic foodstore if you've never heard of it). Anyway, they have a food bar there and they make great sandwiches. One night Catherine and I went for dinner. I decided instead of sandwiches, I was going to get something from the food bar. I wound up getting some tandori "chicken" (and that's how it was written) since I love Indian and my wife eats nothing but plain chicken. Anyway I am eating it and I am telling Catherine that's the spongiest chicken I've ever had and so was my introduction to the terrible world of tofu (it wasn't that bad but it wasn't good).

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I volunteered for Big Brothers and Big Sisters. I loved it so much I work there now. No one in the office but me, another guy, a bunch of women and a gay guy. Nice.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know what a Whole Foods is. I live in Yuppie ville out here.

I also grew up around hippies so uh, yeah.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did that Geordie get hired?

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was volunteering. Evidently he works for MLS. He lives here and run training camps in West PA for the league.

I wish he did.

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can only imagine the hirer's reaction as soon as went full on Geordie.

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Allez, I change my Beatle Album rankings. I forgot home much I love Let It Be:

1) Let It Be - With exception of the two short little interlude songs, it's a complete album without one blah song. Damn, look at that list!

<table style="border-width: 0px; width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><th style="width: 20px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">#</th> <th style="width: 100%; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">Title</th> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">1.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"Two of Us" </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">2.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">"Dig a Pony"</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">3.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"Across the Universe" </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">4.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">"I Me Mine"</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">5.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"Dig It"</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">6.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">"Let It Be" </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; text-align: right; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">7.</td> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"Maggie Mae"<small>
    </small></td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table style="border-width: 0px; width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> 8. "I've Got a Feeling"</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">"9. "One After 909" </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">10. "The Long and Winding Road" </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">11. "For You Blue"</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">12. "Get Back" </td></tr></tbody></table>
    2) Abbey Road - Without question. If only for She Came in Through the Bathroom Window -> Golden Slumbers and Maxwell's Silver Hammer

3) Revolver - You have to be in the dark or with your eyes closed to listen to it right.

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    She thought he was drunk or something...which is entirely the case of a Geordie.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Never got a chance to mention but I've seen McCartney play live. Very good.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Damn, lucky bastard. My first concert was Rod Stewart, does that count for something?

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I may regret this but my second was NKOTB.

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    First concert was Barenaked Ladies on New Year's Eve of 1999.

Favorite concert has to be Red Hot Chili Peppers.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was 14, so 1996, Rancid and Hepcat, I think.

Best would either be Fugazi, or the Warped tour where I got to see Rancid, Ba Religion, Deftones, and Swinging Utters in one afternoon, or Fugazi, right before breakup, or another Warped with Social Distortion, Descendents, Less than Jake, and my Uncle's band Cards in Spokes.

Best live band was Hot Water Music, or Mars Volta/at the drive in.

As you can tell not much into main stream music.

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mars Volta is good live.

Best band live is U2. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it.

18. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont doubt it, but growing up so punk rock, I could never see myself ever paying in that neighborhood, I think the most I ever paid for a concert was 24 bucks and that was for the Warped tour, before it got over run by ************ punk, emo, and what ever that poppy main stream punk stuff is.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I still think the Who hold up live against any band today.

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minus The bear(being my favorite band) and Ted Leo and the Pharmicists(being that Ted Leo is close to a god), was pretty effin amazing.

21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think the word you're looking for is whiney crap.

22. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Heh, I have connections. My mom works at an arena so I'm able to get some free tickets.

23. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah good summary.

In terms of interesting artists.

William Elliot Whitmore.

Solo, banjo, great singer song writer, if you heard a song and then saw a picture you wouldn't believe your eyes.

Lately I have been more into country influenced rock acts, not really sure how to explain it, I guess if Punk Rock kids one day decided they wanted to be Johnny Cash, anyways the shows are great as are the bands: Lucero, Drive By Truckers, Drag The River, and I saw William Elliot Whitmore play with some of them, he was probably the best solo act I have seen live, really got a bunch of punk kids in a sing a long dance frenzy with just a mic and banjo.

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice.

The most expensive one I ever went to was Volta opening for Chili Peppers, but that was a gift, and awesome.

25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll suggest him again, Serge Gainsbourg.

[youtube]oTeECXyhIiY[/youtube]