In Need For A New Coach?

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, May 9, 2006.

1. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Eduardo De La Torre will be your next coach....

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...nobody voted for Del Olmo and i guess he could be the one...i think is kinda risky but i guess they are gonna save some money...i am not sure if this is what we need now, we will see...

3. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we're going to just debut new coaches every tournament and dip into the second division, I don't see why not.

At least Joaquin hates Lavolpe and openly criticizes him and the FMF.

We need some balls every now and again.

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    He may hate Lavolpe but he's also best buds with Marioni and he pressured at the time for España to get booted. Fvvck Del Olmo. He hasn't done squat as a coach and the team is in too risky a situation to please caprichos.

5. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I said my bit tongue-in-cheek, as I firmly believe it'd be throwing away another tournament or two.

And with us in the not-so-nice area of relegation-threatened teams, that is a no-no.

--/--.

6. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tuca Ferreti is Pumas new head coach. Manana lo asen oficial.

7. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Damn that sucks for Pumas...where did you get the information???

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...********, he better do it right:mad: ...i am not sure how much better that would be than having del olmo...especially knowing how tuca plays...i am not favoring this call but i wish he does a good job, maybe an extra incentive being back at home and then focusing in an extraordinary run...i honestly do not expect much with tuca but hope he proves me wrong...:cool:...i was hoping for guzman o toro gallego (knew they would not call hugo)...

9. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Can anyone confirm?

10. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i voted for vucetich. he needs to pull a veracruz on us next season.

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so how you feel about tuca?

12. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have a distinct dislike for the guy. I know he has a great link to the club but his general attitude towards the mexican player and luckluster results annoy me. I remember last season he was 'applauding' trejo for circumventing the u21 rule. I hear he's a great teacher and former but he won't get us anywhere, we need to win.

13. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i second that bro, i am not sure either...i just hope pumas did not have to pay too much for something that would not work as it may seem with tuca...the only thing right now that is making me like the guy is what he gave this club...but i am not very pleased with the choice of our directiva..

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    i guess tuca has balls, not sure if it would be enough to control marioni, if in fact he stays in pumas...a ver si no va terminar en un baile a la primera A al ritmo del tucanazo...

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...marioni out, i see where tuca is going now...good move, now i can trust him a little more, but we will have to see who he brings in...he has already a list that the patronato will take a look at, they did not want to bring anyone in like they did in the past until tuca arrived...so good move there too...

17. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    He may have balls, but no brain. I have a feeling his going to bring in shit refuerzos and have them play with his shity style.

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Re: In Need For A New Coach?: TUca, in short...

...seems that tuca's rethoric sounds good to me, we will have to see if he lives up to his words...

...he knows what pumas is about and talks to the media about it in this good article from medio tiempo:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=19009

19. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...que dios no the oiga!!!:eek:

20. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    ¿Y ustedes se hacen llamar "Pumas"?

Though I will not place adjectives on the people who have suggested Tuca Ferreti is not the right coach for Pumas, I'm utterly surprised/disappointed by the somewhat uninformed opinions expressed here.
    For a man who gave his life to Pumas, always 100%, chose fame over money by playing for pumas, gave them a title, formed many players there, coached the team through hard times... and some of you have even hinted You'd like to see Vucetich coach the team??????
    Even a mercenary like Del Olmo has little or no place there.
    Don't blame the coaches. Blame the suits who made the Pumas uniform a walking advertisement. Blame the promotores who blew Pumas reserves' egos. Blame the jacka$$es who have politicized the team. Blame Televisa for selling you a bad product. Ah yes, and blame those who have promoted their relatives rather than give a chance to truly deserving youth.

21. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Re: ¿Y ustedes se hacen llamar "Pumas"?

Why don't we give it to Cabinho then? Nobody is questioning his era in Pumas, they are questioning his garbage results the past seasons.

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Re: ¿Y ustedes se hacen llamar "Pumas"?

...amen...

23. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Get ready for the arrival of foreign players who won't amount to shit...

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ¿Y ustedes se hacen llamar "Pumas?" <~ Aprende el ingles, Bruce.

Thank you, Rafael.

Goofy is a ********ing idiot.

Please remove his access to the UNAM board.