In Need For A New Coach?

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, May 9, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Some say we need a coach, if so, who would you want?

2. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Hugo Sanchez?:D Okay seriously now, how about Tena from Jaguares?

3. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jorge Campos

4. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i am debating between arias, gallego, carrillo, chucho ramirez, and trejo...but i selected gallego cuz' he works well with fuerzas basicas and disciplina tactica...besides he has shown well adaptability in the mex torney and very experienced in international competition...

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...now that was an obvious choice...totally forgot about him (maybe cuz' he became the defender of lavope)...but not a bad choice either...

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    \

...tena not bad either...

7. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I hate the way Gallego's teams play. So bland and boring, I wouldn't want to see Pumas play like that. Or any other team for that matter.

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i dont like it very much my friend, but is very effective....

9. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I prefer to see a team play gracefully than effectively. You watch footie for entertainment, goals, and the plays, not to see how well your team can bunker down.

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so you mean to say that your rather see a flashy team lose and go to la segunda, than a team playing gallego style that brings in new talent and could even become champs?...

...so who do you want?...

11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They can be flashy other years but now that we are going to be dead last in porcentaje, I would take Gallego in a heartbeat.

I wanted Bora but now I don't know. Anybody but Del Olmo.

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...what is this bitch talking about?...can someone tell me who pays this bitch to make such crazyazz comments....this is the type of journalism that really gets to me, nonsense....

...tuca para pumas???...pleazzzz, tuca has done nothing but a long time ago with chivas...i sure dont want his crazy azz....he is neither attacking or defending...just terrible style, i dont know what he plays at...i hope pumas dont hire him...

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=437706

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ooooooooooooooooooooonly in my dreams.

Maybe they want someone "de casa", I don't know.

Just a guess.

Why not Tuca(I know why not, but that's besides the point for post's sake)?

The national team acquired a coach who last won something in 1993.

It gets better, I'm sure.

14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thats true but playing flashy wont automatically hand them defeats day in and day out.

I wouldn't mind having Carillo, Guzman, or Galindo join.

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Re: Ooooooooooooooooooooonly in my dreams.

...i really hope so...and i know you are being sarcastic about tuca, right?...if so, who would you want then?...

...i really would like to see someone serious, who is ready to take the challenge and who can set deadlines and specific goals...

...i believe they should first hire a coach and then let the coach pick some players who can actually contribute to the team...one refuerzo i had in mind was loco abreu but monterrey already took him...

...in other things and maybe for a new thread...so far i think la cantera has gotten some experience and so we look good as far as that goes...i really cant wait to see the progress they had made materialize in good things for next year...

...we cant let go pareja, either veron or beltran but not both, galindo could probably be let go, definetly cant let go leandro unless you bring in someone like chelito or pardo(dream on), i dont think castro is leaving either...

...going forward we can let go marioni, botero, inyiguez, salinas, etc...

...if pony is looking healthy i would like to see him in pumas...he could start in second halfs for sure...even manuel sol could be of value in case galindo leaves...how about landin as fordward but i doubt he,ll be sold...

...really looking hard i am not sure how much pumas is expected to spend for refuerzos but i hope they better do a fair share to get at least two solid forwards...we seem to get to the area with what we had is just the delantera who is messing things up...the back and middle look good to get us by i think...

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...actually i think i would not mind guzman better than carillo and galindo...he has done a good job saving teams in the past, like in atlas, veracruz, and tecos...so he has a good track record...

...but those other two arent that bad either...we have a good pool of coaches to choose from in mexico but the problem is, are they available?...

17. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To the beat, y'all.

Why would I be sarcastic?

I hate Tuca's guts.

But I asked YOU why we shouldn't get Tuca.

I'd like to know why.

Because I'm not happy with the reasons you listed.

Sus equipos no juegan a nada.

Neither did Hugo's in 2005.

Neither did España's.

Neither did Memo's.

Except a few minor flashes of brilliance from the homegrown core, we have played very inconsistent and often horribly-shitlike after the Bicampeonato.

One can argue the team started lacking the balls during the second championship.

I know I noticed a difference.

But I attribute that to shit being harder the second time around.

Not everyone can carry Hugo's attitude and maintain it through the rough patches.

I don't hate.

We won.

But after that?

Everything started going downhill the following season.

And the CONCACAF Champion's Cup?

Atrocious.

We only got to the final because the competition was horrendous.

In the final two legs, what our players lacked in talent, they made up in balls.

And it wasn't enough.

Because not everyone was into it.

Tuca no ha ganada aparte de un titulo con Chivas en el año del caldo.

Last I checked, 1993 was before 1997.

And that's the last time our current national team coach won anything.

Why was he deserving of Mexico?

Who the ******** knows!

So, now, I stand by statement of "Why not Tuca?"

On pure principle alone.

Personally, if nothing comes up after the World Cup, bring back Hugo and let him clean house.

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...tuca has the puma image, like espanya, and all the others you listed...but i am not too sure he has the leadership to take on this team since he has not shown a track record of "saving teams" in trouble...it is not its specialty...

...so we agree, sus equipos no juegan a nada...but i disagree when hugo was the head in the bicampeonato...he carried on leadership everyday and pumas carried on his spirit...i would not mind hugo back to clean up the house either but i am not sure the new patronato wants him so i am leaning to something more realistic...i believe guzman could be an ideal candidate, and even gallego...we will see

19. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...oh i forgot, not to defend lavolpe but comparing him to tuca does not really make sense if you break it down...

...like you said, in "pure principle" based on how you put it i see your point, otherwise i think lavolpe was increasingly having success while tuca has increasingly becoming mediocre...

...lavolpe may begin to decline if we dont have a good world cup...

20. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If I learned something being a Tigres supporter, is that decissions that are taken backed up with feelings are a very bad idea. Maybe that's why I disagree with the no-naturalizados thing just because of the mexican pride or whatever. Lavolpe probably left Blanco out of the NT and brought his family in for these kind of feelings too (well, I have other arguments against Cuau on the NT so I'm not being too nitpicky there).

We kept el Diablo Nu~ez for too long, because of sentimentalism. Gaitan is not leaving anytime soon for the same reason. Most of the early 80s champs, except Tomas Boy, have been in and out of the team, as coach, advisor, etc. with no luck.

Bring someone that can get the job done, he doesn't have to be Universitario de corazon. Trejo arrived to Jaguares and made them a winning team in little time. Passarella made Monterrey champion too without even knowing the city.

Of course, the hard part is to keep the good work up. Jaguares seems to be the worst Liguilla team ever, and Monterrey didn't win another Cup without el Kaiser.

21. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so what about tuca?...are you happy he is gone?...what kind of style did he have?...did he get the players that he wanted?...what went wrong?...do you think he is the ideal candidate, as is noted by espndeportes reporter?...what is your take?

22. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can only blame Ferretti for not being able to handle the spoiled group he had. If the players actually did what he pretended, the team could have performed better. In fact, the defense did good, it was among the best this last tourney, and could have done better if the players didn't mess up mark and zone covering. BUT the offensive was crap: Gaitan was more worried about his contract; Chamagol was too busy promoting his shirts, radio show (yes, he has a radio show in a local station); Silvera decided that a footache was enough to leave the team earlier; DeNigris was hosting all the parties and taking the other players to the clubs, nudie bars and whatnot.

Ferreti's temper will probably work with the young Pumas' players, but will Marioni stand a newcomer yelling at him and demanding specific instructions?

And Ferreti's system is the same that Toluca, San Luis, Necaxa, etc. use.But he is the kind of coach that you want to stabilize a team for a few seasons... the bad part is that he'll probably take a looong time beforing reaching another title.

23. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  24. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Tuca is f'cken horrible. They better not hire him with his boring futbol that doesn't even get results.

I hear that Marioni might be out, finally. But I also hear that pumas is looking to bring in two more 'gaytenes.

Esta nueva directiva es una bola de pendejos.

25. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    que la fuerza nos acompanye luke...tuca can go back to chivas...