In JC we trust. The AJAX Amsterdam Thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    ok that's not bad, although anything can happen when you are against Madrid, but looks like we have a big chance of making it!! :D

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a massive match from Vermeer, Vertonghen, and Alderweireld. Almost as good as the old Juventus central core defense of some years ago. They did everything asked of them and more. No adventurous corners or set pieces. It's times like this that I get so frustrated thinking if only they could do this in the league! The match was pretty even with both teams getting some decent chances to score. lloris was great in goal for Lyon tonight as well.

Vermeer - MOTM no questions asked and one really wonders why he had two off matches in a row. Van der Wiel was solid on defense and offense and it wasn't clear why he was subbed off for Blind late in the 2nd half. Nothing more to say about our two Belgian defenders other than to say that they looked very Italian tonight! Anita was solid for most of the match though he did get beat after he moved over to the right side. Blind managed to cover up for his deficiencies and kept his head, knowing when to belt the ball into touch. Enoh was solid and I think it was a fair challenge on Ederson in the box; good no call by the match official. Eriksen was very good creating some dangerous possibilities and controlling the ball well. Janssen managed to do a good job despite his speed; kudos to him. Sulejmani worked his ass off on both ends of the field and it was a good save that kept his breakaway out of the net. Lodeiro was decent and did what he needed to do. Ebecilio was the weakest player on the pitch and had some stupid give aways. Klassen and Lukoki came on late and didn't screw things up.

Proud to be an Ajacied fan today!!

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Why was VDW subbed off?? Did he have a bad game??? Was he back to Van der Shit??? Kid cant be consistent to save his life.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He was playing well. He didn't limp off or anything; I guess we will just have to wait for FdB to tell us why.

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Was he??? Solid defensively?? Did he go forward???

I missed the match so how was everyone else. I can see people praising Veermer & Enoh but the rest -> CB's,Jansen,Eriksenm,Sulemanji & the subs. They brought on a couple of kids as subs right??

6. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Orange14 gave his thoughts on everybody about three posts above this one.

7. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    yes Klaassen and Lukoki, but they almost did nothing, as we were being pressed so hard in the last 10 minutes

also, Lukoki had 1 counter attack chance at the end but kicked it wide, that's all from him

and Orange pretty much covered everything

-----

upss BTV beat me to Orange review =D

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The commentator said he was carrying a knock, though I did not recall he was involved in heavy challenges. It did take him eternity to get off the pitch.

Fair result. First half was painfully boring to watch. Second was very exciting. Both team had chances to win it, but Lloris and (especially) Vermeer came out big when they were called upon. I think the biggest missed opportunities from Ajax was when Sulejmani and Eriksen had a 2v1 situation on the counter. That one defender (can't remember who that was) was back-pedaling all the way and seemed out of balance. Sulejmani, instead of bringing the ball in to the box, sent a lazy pass to Eriksen. Terrible move, chance gone.

Vermeer, Vertongen and Toby were immense. Eriksen was lively. The rests were OK. Ebecilio was the worst player on pitch by distant, I thought he should have been subbed off at the half-time point. I didn't really like Lodeiro as striker, seemed clueless but he was often crowded out. His impersonation of Luis Suarez diving was shameful :mad: He literally threw his body to the ground after losing the ball, he deserved a yellow for that.

9. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Saw the post yea. Good to see VDW having a decent game & Janssen doing well. If Veermer keeps on doing well he will push Steke,Krul & Vorm for the 3rd spot in the EUROS.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Take a deep breath

[​IMG]

Relax

Maybe this can help you out:

[​IMG]

Van der Wiel was injured had to be taken off. Had nothing to do with his game.

11. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cool. I dont want Boulahrouz at RB,already the LB is a huge issue. Now I dont want a RB issue for Oranje.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    VDW picked up a knock during last training prior to this game, he wasn't sure to start today. FdB said he was surprised that VDW lasted this long.

I'm just amazed at how technically superiour our players are, even de Toekomst kids, compared to Lyonnais.

Are we simply more composed and focused since this is the CL? Do we lack motivation in Eredivisie? Perhaps..

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Starts to look like it. That is something a coach has to sort out. Getting players to the point that they give their all in every game is part of the magic a good coach should have mastered, or buying/putting players in the field that have a strong own drive that light up other players in the team. However he should take care of it.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's the mental side of the game. Tonight they travel to face a very difficult opponent realizing they have to defend like heck to even salvage a draw. Most Eredivisie matches they seem to think they are so good relative to the opponent that they can sleepwalk through the match and still get a positive result.

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Aissati will make his return to the 1st squad soon

Liverpool have approached Ajax for Alderweireld while Barcelona has talked to Eriksens agent.

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good game. Except from Sulejmani and Ebecilio, they were terrible. Shame we didn't score, but that's difficult with attackers of this caliber. We were lucky to get through the last 10 minutes. I don't know what Ajax suddenly started thinking but it wasn't good. Enoh was lucky not to get a penalty against him. Was a pretty clear one imo.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    hurray!

18. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lets hope he impresses FdB. we really need someone who can push Janssen out of the starting eleven

he wont go. This past off season he was one of the loudest voices for keeping the squad together
    this is one of the rare things that scares me. If there's one club that anyone would drop everything to go to it's Barca. It's also a team that he could go to right now and it wouldn't hurt his development

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Eriksen won't be going to Barcelona anytime soon. It's laughable to think that he's going to get any kind of significant playing time the same way he does right now. Look what happened to Afellay; he transfered got a couple run ins and then was strictly a second string player (not withstanding the terrible knee injury there was no way that he would be a starter). Eriksen is competing in a midfield with stars and stars to be and it will be tough at this point in his career. Two years from now, maybe but not until then.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hmmmm, I thought Sulejmani did well and was active on both offense and defense. Agree about Ebecilio and I was surprised he stayed out there for as long as he did.

The Enoh play in the box was a 50/50 and Lyon were on the unlucky side (as we have been most of the year).

21. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    this is all true, but how many people can deny that Afellay has been a lot better since his move to Barca despite his lack of playing time?

22. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Ebecilio was the bum of the match--useless and mostly in over his head

Enoh was good--not great-but surprised me with his good play

Sulijmani had a 2 on1 and made a bad pass--or Ajax wins

Vermeer was outstanding as were his 4 back players--don't know why they put Blind in and overall a tie was fair

Lyon got a little panicky later on and Ajax should have cashed one

23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    one thing I noticed was that it was just after the VdW for Blind sub that we were suddenly pinned back in our own end, and mostly it was because they suddenly had a lot more freedom to pass to their wingers. Anita is a step down from VdW at RB, and Blind is a step down from Anita at LB. I don't get it; for some reason it seems that despite being right footed, Anita plays better at LB than RB.

also, if Blind can play LB in a CL match so Anita can play in his less effective RB role, why can't he play LB in Eredivise games so Anita can play in his more effective CDM role?

24. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would be happy in Alderweireld goes. :D

I want a Dutch CB who can develop & fight for making the Oranje squad.Or they can buy some young promising CB from some small team in Eredivisie. I want more Dutch players,simple as that. So I would be more than happy.

Otherwise I do hope they can retain most of this team for next year. VDW,Eriksen,Boerighter,Vertonghen must be retained. If Eriksen goes by any chance Ajax should go for Maher. Also Clasie from Feyenoord,would be a fantastic partner to Anita/Enoh.

25. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands