In JC we trust. The AJAX Amsterdam Thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't follow them very closely but I'm just judging the players on the attributes I think I recognize in them.

Is Kischna in the A1 this year? If I have to believe the youth followers he's perhaps the most talented player at the club. But it still remains to be seen if he will ever play again with that knee of his.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's still rehabbing his injured knee. We also neglected Rits who is supposed to be talented as well.

3. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Life after Football, a tv program hosted by an ex Feyenoorder and it's main topic is still Ajax. Sigh.

So.. FdB has stated that Lodeiro is most likely going to start against Lyon. Also hinting at Klaassen maybe making a cameo. Nothing on Ozbiliz yet.

People on Voetbalzone are funny calling for MeH, oblivious to the fact that MeH hasn't played a single minute for our reserves.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fixed your post :D

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ozbiliz did not travel with the team so he must not be fit. I don't even know if MeH is practicing with the reserves. He may just be collecting a paycheck.

6. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Re: the Cruyff comment. He might not be a racist, that's a different discussion. However, I do think it was racist. How many people of color do we see at Ajax outside of the football field? Just food for thought.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It wasn't racist. It was a disqualification of his football knowledge and other qualities. Cruijff also argued that he literally meant that Davids got his seat because Ajax has been having trouble dealing with "allochtonen" (such as Elia, Lens, Boussoufa, Assaidi, etc) and Davids would be the one within the organization most capable of improving that situation. Sounds reasonable to me.

But this is a non-discussion really. Cruijff isn't a racist. Even "Edward" Davids said that yesterday. If he really believed Cruijff was a racist he would have brought it up 3 months ago when it happened, not just now. It's a smokescreen and nothing more.

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ruben Jonkind, Bryan Roy, Dean Gorré and Orlando Trustfull for starters are "colored" youth trainers. But I too would have loved to see Patrick Kluivert + Winston Bogarde at De Toekomst though.

9. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Wow are we actually playing Lyon away today? Going to be interesting fielding an entire team of midgets.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bookies give us no chance :(

Expected line-up

Sulejmani---Lodeiro---Ebecilio
    -----Janssen----Eriksen
    ------------Enoh
    Anita-Vertonghen-Alderweireld-VdW
    -----------Vermeer

Edit: I might not have looked at those numbers from the bookies in the right light. More optimistically, we only need a draw to get through this group (most likely). So it's pretty much 50/50.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Since we need a draw and ideally a 1-1 draw to assure going through, I would not play Janssen. We need to be able to press through out the upper 2/3 of the pitch to make sure Lyon are on their back heels and Janssen simple is too slow to take this kind of approach. I would move Lodeiro back to the midfield and put Lukoki on with Sulejmani in the middle of the front row. Lukoki can run all match long and press.

12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    How big is Davy Klaassen? Are any of the A1 players traveling today above average in height?

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Average size I guess.

A few of the guys, including Klaassen and Lodeiro, having a nice walk before the match:

[​IMG]

14. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Lyon needs the win -- Ajax can and needs to counter-attack

Vermeer cannot play like he has the last couple of games

the back 4 need to stay disciplined--which it looks like is very do-able and I believe they are all healthy

Janssen needs to lose 25 pounds

Sulijmani needs to be the free man to score the counter attack goal

Enoh needs to show he belongs and stay positive

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ...and stop smoking but neither will happen.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Damn good defending and it may be the best defensive half we have played all season long! Why oh why can we not do this in the league; we would be on top of the table with this kind of effort. Nice job creating some chances as well though Ebecilio needs to bring his shot down by about 10 meters. Looked like he was going to kick it out of the stadium. It's going to require the same mental effort in the 2nd half to maintain the clean sheet. BTW, kudos to Vermeer for some excellent saves and pretty decent kicking.

17. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    No shit I was just saying to my buddy this has been one of the most disciplined defensive performances of the season. Hope they keep it up!

18. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    agreed--Ajax may still break thru for the 1st goal--no real striker from what I've seen but playing very well

19. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    oh my god, that break through, no body just wants it

and agree this defense is so good, if only we can play this not only on CL

Enoh is rock solid so far

20. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow. Ajax should just defend, despite not being good at it.

21. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    that's it

MoM is Vermeer if we made it through extra time

---

anyway so we are guaranteed 16 spot already right despite Lyon winning to Dinamo and we losing to Madrid?

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I will take it. That was a fun draw to watch. Vermeer made me love him again.

23. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, we needed a draw with at least one goal for that. Now it's +3 GD for us and Lyon is at -4. So don't lost to Real by 7, I guess... which could still happen.... At least it's at home.

24. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    announcer was saying that Ajax has to get a result against RM. But don't we just need to ensure that we don't give up our seven goal +- advantage over them to progress? we're +3 they're -4

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Lyon are going to beat Zagreb atleast 2-0 or 3-0. They will go all out.

Ajax should look to keep it under 0-2. Very much possible as Real have the classico coming up & have already topped the group. Also Zagreb scored 2 so their defense is definitely vulnerable. Ajax should just be solid at the back & try & get a goal. If we get a goal,then the place is All but guaranteed.