In Demand Cutting Shootout Package Back

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Dixie Blue, Aug 31, 2002.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I have emails to post that I sent w/ In Demand's response. I don't have them in front of me right now. Basically, I just told them that if they don't resolve the situation by the end of the week, I'm canceling the shootout & the english premeirship package I ordered becaue they're now giving me something completely different than what they said they would. I haven't heard back though.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    What if they resolve it after this week? I understand you're pissed, but don't cut off your shootout to spite your cable company. At $45 it's still a bargain.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haleeeeeellllooooouuuuaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

monster, as per norm when it comes to these things, hit it right on the head.

I emailed Dan Novak as he suggested, the Cox general manager or something. He emailed me back and said he was getting the approrpriate person on the case.

Two hours later, the appropriate person, Marty something or another, called me, and straightened everything out. He actually knew what was going on, had the info, understood the whole InDemand fiasco, and was very sorry about the whole thing. He's the guy in charge of the "sports packages" with Cox in San Diego.

When I told him INDemand said they were showing all five games tomorrow, but that Cox only listed one, he said a) the Guide takes a couple of days to update; and b) he had the new information anyway and that yes, indeed, I would be getting all five games tomorrow. He gave me the gametimes right there over the phone. He also said he thought he understood why I wasn't able to get the games the last two weekends (some sort of scramble thing having to do with the beginning of the college football season), and was truly apologetic about that, and that he would take care of that as well. I sincnerely thanked him and he gave me his direct line in case I continued to have any trouble.

Now, twenty minutes later, I get another call from some lady who had "listened in" with my call with Marty, and said she's REFUNDING 1/2 my Shootout package money, as I didn't get what I paid for initially. She said she was quite surprised I hadn't asked for some sort of refund myself, but that they were going to offer it anyway. I said I had thought about asking for a refund (not of course mentioning that some friends and I were thinking of a class action lawsuit ;) ) but that I really just wanted to straighten things out.

I must say that from teh beginning with my email to Mr. Novak, and including my conversation with Marty X, that I went out of my way to say how Cox had always treated me well (which is true, in all aspects) and that I had always enjoyed my relationship with them, and that I was just trying to get to the bottom of things, not cause a ruckus.

I must say I'm pretty pleased.

Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hopefully the games will appear on my tv tomorrow. :confused:

4. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    How do you get the darn schedule when games are going on? I thought I saw a conflict earlier, but now that games are in progress, I can't see the schedule. No Burn - Revs tonight, I guess?

5. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If someone knows the schedule with channels, can they please post it? I have to set Tivo since I'm going out tonight.