In defense of France ... (Time article)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Sildegil, Sep 24, 2003.

1. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    Please remind me who decided to keep saddam in power in 1991, this was not France, but France followed this bad decision...
    Could you explain me why, arabia has the protection and friendship of americans, this is far from a democracy(as sadam's irak), they have a army more powerfull than sadam's poor army, and they are the country of al kaïda and terrorism(remember the country of men in the planes), don't be so naïve to think that bush play for liberty and democracy...

2. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Never said that. If they wanted democracy they could have created it in Kuwait after the first war against Iraq.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is true, they hate the US and not just for what happened in Iraq. I need to refresh my memory, but wasn't there a poll recently that said that a majority (or at least a large percentage) of Germans believed that the US government engineered the attacks of 9/11? I should really look it up before I comment on it, but I remember seeing it. That should give us an idea of the German state of mind.

PS: I looked it up in an old thread. It was one third of Germans under thirty, and 20 percent overall. My apologies to the other 80 percent of Germans for my previous comments. (But I wager most of them still don't like the US.)