Important Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Salmos, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Make your son and daughter the next thread on Mexicans abroad. “NCCFBALL’s kids at Fiorentina”

Serg33, Romario'sgurl, Salmos and 7 others repped this.
  2. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ha. I called my son tonight and told him we should get Fiorentina season tickets if they sign a Mexican. Unfortunately my son is more into baseball, so the fútbol thing has sailed. What I'm excited about is Canelo saying he wants to do a tour overseas next year. Like fight in UK and Japan, if he does, I'm all there. Plus I'm closer to Qatar for 2022.

Robertinho21, Serg33, Kaney and 3 others repped this.
  3. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I'm gonna guess PwC.

LGRod and Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  4. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Negative. Work for a manufacturing company, not a services firm

5. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    I work in consulting and been trying to jump on this project that’s starting up in Saudi for the same reasons!!

Also that’s amazing man, my Dad moved us to Spain for 6 years and my only regret is that we didn’t stay longer and that I wasn’t older. Your fam will come around!!

Romario'sgurl, Kaney and NCCFBALL repped this.
  6. Actually the Dutch superstars of the moment werenot produced by the top 3 clubs.
    Frenkie de Jong was produced by Willem II Ajax did nothing to add to what he already could.
    Virgil van Dik was produced by both Willem II and FC Groningen.
    In the past FC Groningen produced Koeman, Robben, Luis Suarez.
    Excelsior Rotterdam produced Robin van Persie. Sparta developed Depay, Strootman, etc.
    Second division teams developed superstars like KJ Huntelaar, Ruud van Nistelrooij, Gullit, Mertens etc.

Development is at any club in the Netherlands top notch. The top 3 clubs get abroad the credits, while in fact in many cases they're just poachers.

Special_talent23 and Alopez repped this.
  7. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You really don't think the biggest Dutch clubs don't contribute to their development? I'm not buying what you're selling at all...

8. They of course do with their own youth they brought up from young age. The others on the other hand they only contribute experience and professionalism, not soccer quality, because that's why they poached them in the first place from the lower clubs.
    Virgil van Dijk never played for the top 3, now you have to talk about the top 4, as AZ is the last few years a contender for the title too, more than Feyenoord I have to say.
    The fact is that there's not enough place for all our talents at the top clubs to be developed.
    The reason why the Netherlands develop more top players for decades compared to countries with a far larger population is exactly the fact our development base is so wide spread over the country. Every talent gets the attention needed from early age, which would be impossible if the development was limited to our top 3/4 clubs. This fine mazed net catches almost every quality talent available and it functions as a selection mechanism to filter out stage by stage who really are the future quality players.
    It's a myth, created by largely Anglo=Saxon lazy press, that our top players come from Ajax/PSV, because of their development system. Nope. They're the end station for top talents, because of their status as top clubs.
    Foreign players learn/develop here with the top clubs, but that's more because of what they've been missing from not being in the Dutch system from the early age on, regardless of the club in question.
    Dutch football is pretty homogenous all over the country. Everywhere the approach is the same, 4-3-3 as the core system to learn from kids level up.
    Us punching above our level when one looks at the population size has nothing to do with our top clubs being good in developing players, but everything with the fine mazed system we created since many decades ago.
    Because of that we squeeze out almost any talent available from the pool, where countries with far larger populations are far less effective in spotting and developing talents at very young ages.

Handsome Solo, Serg33, elvasco and 3 others repped this.
  9. just to add to what I posted, in the German national team the right back Gosens was developed by Heracles in the east of our country. I was clamouring for him to be selected by Koeman, when he by surprise was bought by Atalanta. He's a dual national Dutch/German. We took too long to act and then he turned out to be a top player, an attacking right back and then the Germans took notice and when that happened, we were done.

JohnnyFutbol and Special_talent23 repped this.
  10. #1860 feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    In the case Gosens would have been selected, we would have 3 super players for that rb spot, Dumfries, Gosens and Karsdorp.
    Dest for instance wouldnot be worthwhile to be considered.
    Edit:
    He's a left back, so we only have two super right backs.

11. Anyway, it's reveiling the backs that trample over the opponents defense are reared by Dutch clubs, Gosens by Vitesse/Heracles and Dumfries by Sparta Rotterdam

Special_talent23 repped this.
  12. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    fateswarning189 and Kaney repped this.
  13. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wasn't Ligue 1 in danger of folding after one of their major TV carrier's went bankrupt?

blue4211 and El Verde repped this.
  14. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No idea.

15. ShockMaster

ShockMaster Member

Oct 26, 2013
    IN THA 6
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    I believe that’s been resolved

Kaney repped this.
  16. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes it was but they got a different TV deal now

blue4211 and Kaney repped this.
  18. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
  19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not a bad starting point.

blue4211 repped this.
  20. OllyAlex

OllyAlex Member

Mar 2, 2021
  21. ShockMaster

ShockMaster Member

Oct 26, 2013
    IN THA 6
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    sidspaceman and fateswarning189 repped this.
  22. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    sidspaceman and CyberAce100 repped this.
  23. El Verde

El Verde Member+

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  24. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    blue4211 and sidspaceman repped this.
  25. OllyAlex

OllyAlex Member

Mar 2, 2021
    Barca trading Greizman and Coutinho and so get their massive wages off the wages bill