Important Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Salmos, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Macías hasn't proven enough to say that he's too good for Lille, especially when you consider that many of his goals with Leon were from taken from the penalty spot.

2. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    A transfer to Lille is a lateral move at best.

And I don’t think the, he’ll at least be in Europe argument is valid.

Also, I imagine you haven’t really seen him play given your last comment...dude is legit a killer.

3. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    One is a team that has been on midtable or better for the most psrt of the decade on a better league and has been fighting for Champions or Europa League for the most part of the decade (including the last two seasons) and the other hasn't even made the Liguilla in two and a half years. Lille is a clear upgrade.

4. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To me Macias is slow. I think he’ll struggle in Europe initially, I think he can reach Raul Jimenez level of play at a younger age.

5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If that's the case, the French league isn't a bad starting spot. He can polish his game there.

6. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Lol no!

First of all you need to get your facts straight. Lille is not a big seller to the PL that is your take and a very bad one at that. I have already showed you, they have at best sold 4 or 5 players to the PL in the last 10 years.

Second, Ligue 1 is a top heavy league and anything after the PSG and Lyon are weak, other than maybe and off year, such as what Lille did last year.

Anyways it's a moot point because Lille is too weak and small of a team and Macias will not be going there.

7. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Not sure what’s going or if true, but have been seeing a lot of news outlets talking about Tecatito and possibly moving to Chelsea.

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  8. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

9. blue4211

blue4211 Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think Lille can afford the 15 million to buy Macias. Maybe, Marseille could buy him and PSG of course. Teams in France don't tend to pay a lot for players, unless they believe in them. A move to one of the top 7 leagues in Europe is a step up from Liga MX because the competition is at a higher level and it puts players in the shop window for the top teams and leagues.

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  10. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

TrDm1n3r repped this.
  11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They could afford it last year not sure now after the Covid crisis.

12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In the last 10 years how many players has the Liga MX sold to the premier league?

13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Did I say they were a PL exporter?:confused:o_O

I called out your little pet project for making a false statement that Lille was a huge PL exporter.

Now move along.

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn’t say you did just wanted to know how many players Liga MX has sent to the EPL in the last 10 years

15. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Not sure what that has to do with anything?:confused:

How many has the mmmls? How many has the Colombian league?

Sepa and don’t care.

16. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah it’d be an upgrade imo, French league is a step up and a better place to be noticed if he performs.

lots of shit was talked when Lainez went to Betis, but once el machin lost minutes at Ajax then what? No matter what they have to perform no matter where they land.

17. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If I read correctly, I think it’s fair. How many has any team in liga Mx sent to the epl compared to Lille? Point is he’d be noticed if he performs, more so than in liga Mx.

sidspaceman repped this.
  18. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Lainez and Alvarez is a perfect example of why he’s better off staying to sharpen his skills.

Dortmund have been following him for a while and Lille is historically and average club in Ligue 1.

El Pipiripau repped this.
  19. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Sigh...Got back and read who I quoted and why.

Not sure why sids quoted me in the first place since I never compared Liga MX to Lille in terms of exporting to PL.

Anyway carry on however you like.

20. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Let's settle this. Per Transfermarkt:

19/20:
    Nicolas Pepe - Arsenal.
    Anwar El Ghazi - Aston Villa
    18/19:
    Yves Bissouma - Brighton & Hove Albion
    16/17:
    Sofiane Boufal - Southampton
    15/16:
    Idrissa Gueye - Aston Villa
    14/15:
    Divock Origi - Liverpool
    Pape Souare - Crystal Palace
    12/13:
    Eden Hazard - Chelsea
    Mathieu Debuchy - Newcastle United
    11/12:
    Gervinho - Arsenal
    Yohan Cabaye - Newcastle United

11 transfers to the Premier in 10 years. On average one per year. Not bad. And we have to remember they don't only sell to the Premier. They sell to other leagues and other French teams too. Anyway, Lille (if they can afford him) is a good option.

sowrong and sidspaceman repped this.
  21. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    That’s a nice record but I wouldn’t call that a huge PL exporter as you stated. All I did was call your BS out.

Glad it’s settled.

22. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This I can agree with somewhat. But at the end of the day no matter where/when they go, they have to light it up or at least be willing to put in the time to compete.

This is what makes Raul’s run so gratifying as a fan. Homeboy has put in the time and finally showing the world what stud he is.

23. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    One per year is good. And it isn't merely scrubs. And more importantly, the point is made: If he goes to Lille and performs well, he's more likely to go to a big team, than staying in Chivas.

And I know it would be nice for him to go to a big team right from the beginning a la Chicharito, but it's unlikely to happen. Liga MX is not on the map of big buying teams as the French or Dutch or even the Portuguese are. If he can leave to a team like this, he should.

Serg33, Saldgotti1991 and sidspaceman repped this.
  24. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    It’s good as I already stated...they are NOT huge exporters to the PL and there is nothing wrong that.

Your distaste and bias against one of the grandes of Liga MX is on full display...also shows your lack of futbol knowledge.

Macias has literally been followed for a while by Dortmund while playing in Liga MX with Leon and Chivas:confused:, so once again you’re wrong.

25. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    People are still talking about how our players should stay in Mexico longer?

Raúl stayed longer, Reyes stayed longer. Herrera stayed longer, Salcedo stayed longer, Ochoa stayed longer, Aquino, and how many just went in and performed well in Europe? We’ve had a couple of exceptions with Guardado, Moreno, and Chicharito in most recent times who went abroad and performed well right away, but in general our players struggle.

People said Jurado needed to stay in Mexico and now he’s a benchwarmer behind a 40 year old, but no one says anything because Corona has great experience. What would have media and fans said had Calderon, Pena, and Agudelo transferred to Europe to only be bench warmers instead of Chivas?

The sooner Macias or any of our players moves abroad and gets used to bigger and faster players the better.