Implications (none good, perhaps) for the locals...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  2. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  3. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    If some sort of WUSA 2 does form and piggybacks on MLS, I don't see Philly completely out of the running yet. If each major MLS owner ran one WUSA 2 team independently (Anschultz, Kraft and Hunt), that would place WUSA 2 teams in Boston, NY and Washington most likely. Original WUSA investor COX was interested in being involved in the league revival and since they are based in Atlanta, they would probably revive the Beat. The wildcard is Hendricks. He wants to own a team, but which of the others would it be? I don't see him funding an isolated team on the west coast so it will probably be Philly or Carolina unless he wants to buy into MLS and run an MLS / WUSA 2 merged team out of Columbus or Chicago. I see any league revival with MLS involvement as being east coast based. Maybe a sixth investor could be found so that at least the east coast WUSA could be revived.
    It is a shame that it appears that all of the teams will be shattered personel wise if WUSA 2 forms. After being a Beat season ticket holder for three years, I had become a loyal (and vocal -he he)fan of our lineup. As a fan of the sport I have to say that it is a shame that we never got to see Smith healthy for an extended period after you acquired Pachon. In the preseason I had picked Philly to win FC 3. Hopefully a revival will come to pass so that we can get back to talking trash!!!!!