News: Imaginémonos cosas chingonas - Vamos, Chicharito

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MPNumber9, Jan 21, 2020.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And remember, in front of every silver lining there is a black cloud.

pirozhok and TrickHog repped this.
  2. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And behind too :)

TrickHog repped this.
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :confused:
    Nevermind; kinda NSFW pic in there.

But basically more tabloid stuff with Chich. Not that I'm looking for it. Just went to see if he was actually going to, y'know, post about the team he plays for.

4. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kaburu, hav77, ShortyMac and 3 others repped this.
  5. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took the words right out of my mouth

ragbone, kaburu, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hav77 repped this.
  7. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    hav77 repped this.
  8. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Its the attitude we all want to see. Good for him, but obviously it doesn't matter if he gets super fit and toned if he is still terrible on the field. I'll take a fat chicharito who scores 15 over a fit 5 goal scorer.

2in10, ShortyMac, ProudNatRN and 4 others repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    TrickHog repped this.
  11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Futbolisimo, JPAR and shelbo repped this.
  12. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love nothing more than for him to prove us all wrong and have a Golden Boot season....

14. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    #89 El Futbolisimo, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    I am also hoping that in this off-season he has had the time to sort his personal life out to whatever extent he can and some of the demons have been exorcized for his sake and the sake of his career ( and our season!)

All experts in mex footy that I have heard touch on his last season have all said one thing in general. As the conditioning of Chicharito goes, so does his performance.

Those who have followed and covered his career since inception agree that Javier does not possess great ball skills but that his strength lies in his knack for poaching and that goes hand in hand with how fit he is. In his european phase he was mostly exceptionally a mean, lean scoring machine. The better fit, the better the poaching. He wasn't very fit last season with Galaxy.

I gotta give him my support and the benefit of the doubt as in other things, to find his footing again and help the team out. Because the alternative is very depressing and I don't even want to contemplate that at this time.

2in10, 73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.
  15. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't buy lack of fitness as Chicharito's main issue last year. Most of his mistakes on the field looked like they were the product of rusty skills, lack of drive and a lack of confidence. Besides it takes less fitness to play poacher than any position on the field - watch Aguero (or sometimes Ibra) walk around for 80 minutes a game while still providing the brilliant game winners. What it does take (and what Chich used to have in spades) is quickness, confidence, ability to anticipate, timing and shot making ability. He possessed none of those last season. Now if he uses the off-season to get halfway back to his peak on those traits he will be successful. But I've heard a lot of words from him before so I'll believe it when I see it.

ProudNatRN, 2in10, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  16. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIS!

TrickHog repped this.
  17. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the famous saying goes, "The proof of the pudding is in the goal scoring."

shelbo, skydog, The Cadaver and 3 others repped this.
  18. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Chich believes in a different famous saying: “you can fool all of the people some of the time”

shelbo and TrickHog repped this.
  19. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The irony was I was his biggest fan at Man U. He always popped up in the right places and made things happen. And he was a lethal finisher. Not sure what happened.... if it's mental or he had a physical injury along the way that robbed him of his quickness.

TrickHog repped this.
  20. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Fitness, as most of his country's soccer pundits believe. Throw in his current age and his personal life issues and there you are. It happens.

This is why he lacked fitness which affects his quickness of mind and body which affects his confidence which throws of his ability to anticipate which affects his timing and shot making ability. Lather, rinse and repeat.

I believe he is sincere about his situation, doesn't mean all will be well but I sure do hope so. For the team's sake.

shelbo, 73Bruin, skydog and 3 others repped this.
  21. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hernandez's grandfather, with whom he had a very close relationship, passed away last year. There's a few posts back about some of the things that were affecting him last season. Plus, these guys had to deal with COVID like everyone else.

Credit to him, his mentality seems 100% better and that's not insignificant at all, especially for a player like him. The question for me was always going to be does this guy still have the hunger for goals, because a lot of Chicharito's game is hustle and tenacity. I also think the coaching change will help him. He showed in glimpses he still has "it"; I thought both his goals were well-taken. There's a ton of room to improve, frankly.

El Futbolisimo, hav77, 73Bruin and 2 others repped this.
  22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know people are saying, "it's just talk and talk means nothing", which is totally true. But at least he's saying the right things. In a couple months we will know if he can back up those words on the field....

23. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If he scores during the first game of the season, his confidence will shoot back up. After that? We might finally have a DP striker.

El Futbolisimo and hav77 repped this.
  24. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wish him the best. But I worry. Besides losing his grandfather his wife left him and took his two sons under the age of two with her to Australia?? That's not normal. His handlers were rumored to be exerting cult-like control over him IIRC? For his sake and for our sake I really hope that isn't still going on.

25. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the situation with his wife and kids is pretty awful. As a new dad with a 2 y/o, I honestly have no idea how I would deal with losing my kid, let alone work competently. He seems to be handling the situation as best as possible.

Of course we all know, being in the gym is nothing like training with a team which is nothing like playing a match.