I'm uploading old school MLS matches to Youtube

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by 00Kevin, Dec 8, 2021.

1. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys, long time Crew fan here. I'm in the process of gradually digitizing my old VHS tapes. I've got a lot of good stuff from the 90s, mostly Crew games but some other matches too. Here's what I've uploaded so far:

And this one's just local news stories from when the Crew won it's first Trophy. Great Interviews with the team,

As I post more videos I'll post them here for anyone interested. Enjoy!

2. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90's MLS is the best MLS. I still have the VHS of the first televised match of every season, the ASG and MLS Cup. Recorded those 3 every season, along with a handful of others (e.g. random Crew @ Galaxy game I was at so recorded so I could watch the TV broadcast, too.)

3. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you don't by chance have the crew @ la game from 97 when billy thompson subbed on and scored to win 1-0 do you?

4. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This memorable game against KC in 1997 saw 3 people ejected in the last 4 minutes (all in separate incidents). I only have the 2nd half. Enjoy!

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at that game. Crazy scenes.

It didn't really come through on the broadcast, but that was the first ever appearance of stoppage time in MLS. Because even though we had the countdown clock at the time, Kevin Terry didn't reset the clock after the whole Ron Newman debacle. He just allowed play to re-start, and didn't blow the whistle until the ball had been dealt with by Kansas City.

VioletCrown and 00Kevin repped this.
  6. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's interesting, I never realized that

7. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just uploaded! I'll always remember this game for the sudden power outage that interrupted the second half for 20 minutes. Do you remember this game?

8. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's Leg 1 of the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals in Full! Leg 2 coming Christmas Day!

Alejandro 10 and AZUL GALAXY repped this.
  9. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I love not hearing that "we like it we like it" chant.

00Kevin repped this.
  10. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and here it is! One of THE iconic Crew matches of all time: The final Crew game at Ohio Stadium. The Crew battling DC United in the rain during the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals. Merry Christmas!

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  11. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's leg 3! Final showdown between the Crew and DC with an MLS CUP appearance on the line. Next week: The Tampa Bay Mutiny's last ever game!

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  12. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stern John's first-ever goals and Hatrick! highlights from 5-1 win over Miami Fusion in 1998!

13. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    January 9th marks 20 years since the cessation of the Tampa Bay Mutiny. Here is their last ever game, available online for the first time!

Next week: The Miami Fusion's first ever game!

mbar and Alejandro 10 repped this.
  14. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a followup to my upload of the final tampa bay mutiny game, here's that weekends MLS Extratime review show. I always found it kinda eerie that around the 44:56 mark Rob Stone presents the potential playoff bracket as "If the season ended today". Little did we know that it would as the September 11th attacks prompted the cancellation of the rest of the regular season. Aside from that there's plenty of highlights and interesting segments about the burn/fire rivalry and about the crews 2001 turnaround under Greg Andrulis.

15. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This weekend also marks 20 years since the Miami Fusion was folded. Here's their first game ever (And also Ben Olsen's first game ever!) available on
    Youtube in full for the first time.

16. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just over a week til the usmnt is back in action! Heres a classic usmnt to hold you over til then. The opening game of the 2000 us cup and our first ever game against south africa! Available online in full for the first time ever!

mbar repped this.
  17. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright chums! It's World Cup Qualifying week so let's throw it way back to 2001 when the US hosted Trinidad and Tobago in a qualifier for Korea/Japan. Featuring guys like Chris Armas and Claudio Reyna taking on Dwight York and Stern John! This full match has never been available online before today! Enjoy!

mbar repped this.
  18. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a pick me up after that usa-canada game. Throwing it back to the great supporters shield winning season of 2004 with Duncan Oughton, Jeff Cunningham and Edson Buddle. A home match against the Chicago Fire, Enjoy.

mbar repped this.
  19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got any old Crew vs Galaxy matches?

00Kevin repped this.
  20. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep I've got several la galaxy games including a few that aren't against the crew. I'll post an la game next week

mbar repped this.
  21. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fresh Upload: LA Galaxy vs. Dallas Burn from 2000! Cobi! Kreis! Ariel Graziani! Luis Hernandez! Terrific game!

22. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally back on Youtube! This passion project of mine includes Every USA World Cup Goal 1990-today. Since footage of 1930-1950 is lacking I painstakingly created goal animations for that era. I also included some very exciting rare footage that was recently unearthed: HD footage from 2002 and incredible footage of the US team on opening day 1930. Enjoy!

Yoshou repped this.
  23. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the 2022 MLS season about to kick off, Let's throw it back to opening day 1998. Crew away to Tampa Bay. McBride, Maisonneuve, Dougherty, and the first-ever appearance of Stern John!

24. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For this week's upload, It's the FIRST EVER MEETING between the Columbus Crew and the Chicago Fire!

25. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For this week's upload we're kicking it back to opening day 2001! Look out for yours truly blowing my horn!