I'm thankful for MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by brittkamp, Jul 7, 2005.

1. brittkamp

brittkamp Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure this thread has been started befor but I am so grateful for Major League Soccer.

I love following American teams with mostly american players and being able to live and die with the Revs.
    People seem to bitch and moan about everything (me included!!) on these threads but for what its worth MLS has survived and even prospered(somewhat) without any real media attention from sportswriters and major tv outlets, even though that is improving and MLS has given real depth to our national team.

I'm a huge arsenal fan and lately I find myself ignoring all arsenal threads and turning to the MLS ones.
    I have started going to mlsnet instead of soccernet first.

I know this is a bit corny! I just feel that a mls with problems is a hell of alot better than no MLS.

2. fargonole

fargonole New Member

Jun 12, 2005
  3. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially during the EPL off-season.

If MLS weren't around, I might have to watch baseball :eek: or even NASCAR :eek: :eek: to satisfy my sports junky habit.

4. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the smartest thing ive read lately. Go you.

5. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm just glad that I can watch MLS now without being embarrassed about something. We had shootouts, overtime, fourth gk subs, "first to five," high school fields, etc.

There's still PA announcements, KC's music, and some other stuff, but it's pretty good now.

6. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this as positive as you can get about the league, scary?

"Well at least its not as bad as it used to be, but still I can't stand ..." ;)

7. Poet

Poet Member+

Mar 13, 2001
    Toledo, Ohio
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS is the best thing since Chicken Nuggets, and I'm talking the piping hot, mostly dark (mystery) meat, melt the Styrofoam box kind.

8. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS... its better than CATS!!!

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Last night I had difficulty choosing between three MLS games that were being shown on my Cable System. The end of the DC-KC game on ESPN2 overlapped with the beginning of the Metros-LA game on the MSG network. That game overlapped with the NE-Chi game on FSC.

What a wonderful world. Of course I was subjected to LA's embarrasment of a team for some time but that's OK.

At least I got to laugh every time I saw Herculez on a guy's jersey for LA.

Herculez Gomez up for best name in MLS that's for sure.

I'm thankful that the TV coverage of the league is getting better.

10. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    put down the beer can and Jeff Foxworthy book..

I'm getting scared!

11. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having our own domestic league AND having badass top flight teams coming here to play teams in our domestic league (AC Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid), is just freakin awesome. For all the b!tching we do about this league (because we love it so much and want it to succeed big time), I think a lot of times we do forget that we should be thankful and grateful that we have one...and that we have quality people running it (Don Garber).

I think it's pretty apparent that MLS is the engine for the growth of the game in this country and as MLS grows...so will the game. The fact that I can actually choose to watch on a typical Saturday in September:

MLS
    Premiership
    Primera Liga
    Serie A
    Bundesliga
    Ligue 1
    Argentine League
    Brasilero

Is just proof of this fact. It's a beautiful time to be an MLS and soccer fan in general :)

12. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA

Well said! That hit home :)

13. thedeuce_2

thedeuce_2 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Virginia
    brittkamp, I couldn't have said it better myself. We are very fortunate as soccer fans to have the MLS now. The progression the league has made in 10 years in simply phenomenal. I think the MLS will continue to prosper and become an even better league in the future. Thanks alot to Don Garber and Major League Soccer, the game in the states is as great as it has ever been right now. Kudos brittkamp, kudos!!

14. wizards girl

wizards girl New Member

Dec 19, 2004

stilll trying to cut back on the sound effects. ;)