I'm proud of the Fire! [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Liviu, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    I feel they left everything on the field today. They played with alot of intensity and passion. It was a beautiful game to watch, and even though they didn't win, they created chances and were very close to tying it up in stoppage time. I love the way they tackled everything that moved, and didn't allow NE to breathe. Its unfortunate that one defensive mistake cost us the game, but that happens to every team. If this game would've been at SF I have no doubt we would've won. I'm looking forward to our talented rookies stepping up their game next year and giving us a great season. There's too much negativity after this game so I thought I'd make this thread for the people who feel differently.

GO FIRE!

2. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: I'm proud of the Fire!

Chris Rolfe completely flattened Joey Franchino at one point in the first half. That's good stuff. Shame Mapp couldn't play this game, though.

3. Fossolari

Fossolari New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    GRR

I enjoyed the second half more than the first. Good passing, mostly to other Fire players, some chances, exciting challenges- all fun to watch!
    Next year should be even better. :)
    GO FIRE!

4. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    LaPorte, IN, USA

All in all, looking back at the season, and considering what I expected in the preseason to get out of it, i'm happy.

i figured after such a bad year last year, and with so many new players, that this would just be a rebuilding year. i thought we'd make the playoffs, but i never thought we'd get so close to the championship.

i can't wait for next season

GO FIRE!!!!!!

5. irishwhiskey21

irishwhiskey21 New Member

May 22, 2005
    Chicago

Well done this season boys! Mapp, I wish he could have played, but we still have next year! Go Fire!

6. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    How fitting is it that the Fire end the season on a game-tying goal, in the dying moments of stoppage time, only to have it called back? Pretty much sums up our cardiac season.

I'm proud that the classic, never-say-die Fire attitude is back. What a fantastic rookie class. Can't wait 'til we're rockin' Bridgeview for the home opener next year! GO FIRE!

7. DialaAx

DialaAx Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Manch-Vegas
    From a Revs fan who was at the match...

The Fire put up an excellent fight tonight. They dominated the 2nd half of the match. I was also impressed to see Fire fans at the match.
    I'm sure we'll meet again next year.

Cheers.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That goal was tough to watch. Give NE props for a fast restart and going right at the goal early. Good rebound season for the Fire overall considering they didn't even make the playoffs last season. It didn't help that we lost Jacqua early and put another rookie on the pitch tonight.

NE have a good team, Ralston, Dempsey, Joseph, Twellman, Reis, time to break these guys up!

I want to see NE rip LA apart. I wonder if LD will cry if he gets booed in Dallas?

9. Rev's Irish Rose

Rev's Irish Rose New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Somerville, MA.
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thank you to all the CLASSY FIRE SUPPORTERS who visited our Rev board after the game with their very nice comments. Your team gave us a great match and BIG PROPS to the fans who represented your team very well at the game.Sorry there has to be a looser. Looking forward to seeing you all next season. :).

10. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm delusional enough to beleive that we in fact won this game and should be considered the champs, the best, the toughest in division, league, and world.

Seriously though, I enjoyed this game.
    It was good to see the attitude, the fire in the eyes, that old Chicago Fire feeling.
    It's been missing for a season and a half.
    I thought that a few players really had that in heaps. It sucks that they kept shutting Thiago down but he played hard. CJ, what can ya say, he still has the drive. Marsch gave his best. Nate injured himself in a passionate if not wise play. Segares brought it. Stewart had a hell of shot. Rolfe did his best as a marked man, Twellman was shut down and kicked around all night as he should be...awww -burp- I'm drunk, I'm bummed, but the Chicago Fire are still the fvkcing best.
    New England, who I never gave much thought to, have just shot up a few notches on the hate-o-meter. Clint Dempsey you bastard, stop drop and roll my ass. Burned into the hate hall of fame.

11. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    This is the REAL rivalry for the forseeable future...

12. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana

Heh. Let's include that in the special features when the DVDs get made.

13. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next year will be difficult coming out of the gates considering we'll be on the road for 2 months. I really don't know what to expect, I want to see how the coaching and personel issues play themselves out. I can't wait to see the growth of Segares, Rolfe, and Barrett next year.

14. shepchews

shepchews Member

Apr 28, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations guys ona well played game. I was pulling for you, especially aftre Dempsey did that idiotic drop and roll thing. He did the same sort of thought out celebration on us earlier in the season. What a punk.You should feel good. And your traveling group looked great. DC and Chicago have the only real fans in the league. See ya next year.

15. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think twellman was the one that's looser after getting it from zach from behind.