Im Not Even Mad

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by bballshawn, Jul 1, 2014.

1. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    A lot of you guys are mad that we lost, but me? Not really im a little disapointed. Why?

1 reason - Julian Green.

That strike Increased my optimism for 2018 and deep down we all knew we didnt have a realistic chance at going deep in this tourney. My main point being i finally got to see what so many other professional coaches seen in julian which leads me to believe 2018 is the year

2. The Real Sekrah

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    I agree. I posted earlier that he saved this World Cup for us. He absolutely did. Losing 2-0 with a listless ET performance would have really sucked but he scored a great goal and gave us a hell of a show to finish to go out with our heads high.

00Kevin repped this.
  3. rfedsdassa

rfedsdassa New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    julian green has the potential to be our first world class or close to it field player

SOCCERMARINE and Kendetta repped this.
  4. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yes ive seen a post on espnfc, soccerbyives or here im not sure, but it said Julian might be as good as Donavon or mexican javier. My question how good do people think donavon was in his prime? I think j. green easily can be better than donavon ever was in 2 years tops

5. Kendetta

Kendetta Member

Jun 26, 2014
    WA State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we lacked a star in this WC ( no offense Dempsey and Howard, u guys are awesome) and Green is it!

6. The Real Sekrah

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Donovan was not a Top 100 World Player in his prime. Green has a very good chance of being that.

7. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Comparable player to him in his prime that's playing currently?
    Howard greatest usa player ever?

8. Jeff Wineberg

Jeff Wineberg Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yedlin should be noted in this thread as well IMO, his performances exceeded expectations, and he stepped up in a big way, tons of potential.

RevHammerBat repped this.
  9. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green is the next Adu! Let's proclaim him future world class now. :rolleyes:

10. rfedsdassa

rfedsdassa New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    oh yea i forgot adu scored with his first touch in the world cup against a top 10 squad...oh wait

11. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yes! The thing is everyone is saying play him at RM, but i think his highest ceiling is at RB. but of course gareth bale started as a LB too

12. LinksterAC

LinksterAC Member

Jun 30, 2008
    San Diego
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yedlin, Brooks, Green.

In a word: youth.

One only need look at the U-17 Team to really start salivating.

Whatever changes to youth development have happened, it's starting to show. Granted, that doesn't apply to Green and Brooks, but we got them anyway.

I'm really optimistic.

13. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One play doesn't make you world class and most great prospects don't reach that level. Pump the damn brakes. :eek:

14. rfedsdassa

rfedsdassa New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    lol did i say that no...i said he has the potential to be dont compare him to adu though lol he scored with his first touch in the wc hes already more successful...ill go as far to say this he has the highest ceiling out of anyone in concacaf 20 or younger

15. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    cough zealem cough

16. rfedsdassa

rfedsdassa New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    meh...i personally think right now it has to be green zelalem has struggled with the u21s dont get me wrong he will probably be a hell of a player but somethng tells me green might be better in the end

17. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    well yeah i kinda did here that he struggled, but after watching some highlight it got me pumped especially the vision and tight control he showed

18. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

19. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to see a lot more.

What I liked.... it was a great run. It was a brilliant ball from Bradley. He scuffed the shot, but got enough on it to send it in with a crazy back spin. It wasn't Bergkamp, but it was effective. It wasn't the shot that made it though, it was the run. Keep making those runs and our midfield will start to look competent.

We've had brilliant strikes and plays from guys who haven't panned out. Green will get a lot of mileage out of this shot, but he'll have to do it a few more times before I get really optimistic. Blame Freddy Adu for my cynicism.

20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    yeah the whole time he was making mini runs, and nobody was noticing. Thats why if Bradley was inform he and our players made smart runs we would've had more chances

21. RebelSoccer

RebelSoccer Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm completely on board with this. That said, I think young Yedlin might have just shown himself to be a true force to be reckoned with in years to come. I've watched a lot of matches this World Cup and there just aren't many players in Brazil with his ability to race forward from the right back position like he does. The kid is going to be a beast in years to come.

22. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Member

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 17, 2014
    NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call me crazy but if Green really wants to start taking the next step he needs to get out of Bayern

23. rfedsdassa

rfedsdassa New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    i kind of agree...he at least needs a loan

24. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    no, but he was ridiculously hyped up at a very young age. labelled the next pele and given cambel's soup advertising dollars.

25. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, unless it's Friedel