I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    United through on penalties. Ugh.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Man U the luckiest team ever. What rubbish and I don't believe for a second THAT goal was offside.

And what was the difference between Wan Bissaka's hand ball and Grealish's the day before?

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Well done Agent Poch, well done indeed. On to your next assignment Tuesday.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Chelsea are a disgrace

Lazy Assed Assassin and SF19 repped this.
  5. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    End of Poch after a 5-0 thrashing?

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Everybody on this forum knows we will go there and lose on May 2nd.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Arne Slot (remember him?) in talks with Liverpool to succeed Klopp. Feyenoord holding out for big compensation because he is on 4.5 million pounds a year, which is PL money.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Speaking of Liverpool, they have just gone and bottled the Merseyside derby. I am afraid everything is breaking Arsenal's way.

And Palace beat Newcastle 2-0, which makes our debacle there look even worse.

9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    It’s always a debacle at St. James’s. The variable which team is the beneficiary.

Certainly does look like it’s Arsenal v City for the title now. Lots of injuries at City, but no Champions League.

10. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Glasner has Palace humming now. 3 good wins on the bounce. We were lucky to play them before he was settled in.

SF19 repped this.
  11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Palace played a blinder to hire him, 'e's mustard!' as my cousin in Tottenham would say.

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He did a job at Eintracht, that's for sure. Before we'd brought Ange in, I'd've had him at Spurs. I was probably too busy hoping for Pochettino to have said much about it, but Glasner is quality.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    QPR have hammered Leeds at home (4-0) to insure that they'll stay in the Championship (they were nearly safe, anyway). Leeds, on the other hand, have pretty much pissed away automatic promotion to the Prem, having failed to win four of their last five (with three losses). Leicester are now up, and Ipswich (in third) trail Leeds by a single point, but with two games in hand.

How many times over the last 5-10 years have Leeds shat the bed like this coming down the stretch?

SF19 repped this.
  14. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I wonder how James Maddison feels now that his old club are promoted and likely to win a trophy and his new club won nothing except possible CL as a reward.

15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Probably pretty good. Wages improved. Profile enhanced. Establishing himself in the England setup, which never would have happened in the Chpionship.

The notion that he might now lament not being part of a Championship promotion side is fairly silly.

Funkfoot repped this.
  16. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I didn't suggest that he did lament it, just wondering how he must be feeling.

17. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Liverpool have completely imploded, Salah and Klopp had a right row on the touchline.

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Two Man U players (Casemiro and Garnacho) have clearly dived trying to draw penalties and the twat ref hasn't had the bottle to give them yellows for simulation (the same ref who sent off Bissouma for simulation).

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Man U doing it again, Burnley for the umpteenth time this season give the ball away playing out from the back and Antony scores.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Onana, who has been a huge pantload all season, gives away a penalty for punching a Burnley player in the face. This time, the VAR gets it right and Burnley equalize from the spot. But again, the ref bottles it by not even giving him a card. Shouldn't punching someone in the face be a straight red?

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sheffield Utd officially relegated. Looks like the Steel City Derby will be back next season.

22. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll be a bit sad if all 3 promoted clubs go straight back down. People have affection for Luton of course but I just like to see some different teams be in the top tier for a bit. At least it looks like Ipswich will give us a bit of novelty next season.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wednesday will stay up if they can get as much as a draw in their last game at Sunderland. Even should they lose, it would take wins from both Brum and Plymouth to drop them to 22nd. Wednesday's form is as good as its been all year, and Sunderland are playing for nothing. And Brum and Plymouth are both pants. They should stay up.

... I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Apologies, then ... but that question sure had an implied 'sideways move' feel about it. Anyway, I'd guess he's quite pleased for his mates and for a club in which he was well invested ... to whatever extent he's thinking about it.

25. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Chelsea looked quite good against Villa. Probably deserved a win, but their go-ahead goal rightly called back for a foul.

Plus side Villa don’t get too far out of sight. Down side, the game at Stamford Bridge won’t be easy.