I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    One of the hardest places to go in the PL today but as they have a lot of injuries I'm hopeful of a result.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Squeaky Bum Time is truly on in the Championship as Leeds pull an almighty bottle job at home to Blackburn.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Leicester lost yesterday, too, and Ipswich dropped points at home. It's like nobody wants automatic promotion. The top three are clear, and clearly deserve promotion on merit; but you wouldn't bet a dime on whoever finishes third's chances in the playoffs. They're all choking on it down the stretch.

Interesting down at the bottom, as well. Wednesday dominated Stoke, but conceded fairly late to draw 1-1. Brum battered Coventry, but QPR got hammered at Hull. Huddersfield looked set to take a huge win at Bristol, but conceded in the 10th minute of stoppage time. Right now it looks like only one of Brum, Huddersfield, and Wednesday will stay up (Rotherham are already down), but Stoke and QPR are in no way safe. Wednesday and Huddersfield fans will both be in foul spirits right now. Worse than mine, even.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    A team that used to be bottlers like us, Wrexham, earned their second straight promotion in some style with a 6-0 win over Forest Green. Congrats to my compatriot Mr. Reynolds.

Maybe there is hope for us.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Man U have to be the luckiest team in the known universe - they get the flukiest of pens, then get bailed out by a disgraceful VAR decision in the last minute.

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Going a bit pear shaped for Klopp’s last season.

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    So root for Arsenal to win and regain 4th or Villa to deny Arsenal’s title challenge? I don’t think this team is ready for Champion’s League even with some summer signings; can’t manage a Premier League only season.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Liverpool with a shocking week, shades of their collapse under Brendan Rodgers.

9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm pulling for a draw. Full points for either will disappoint.

As to us in Europe ... we'll be there, so I'm not sure whether we're any better off being in one over the other. Certainly we should be able to make more changes without jeopardizing success through the group stage in the Europa. That could keep us a bit stronger in the League. But I'd definitely prefer the Champions League to the Europa - even though I like being in both.

So I'd actually be pulling for Arsenal, if they weren't in contention for winning the Prem. I don't want that. It won't ruin my life, or anything ... but I can do without it.

A draw, please.

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  10. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I suppose the cackling as I saw the quick fire goals answered that for me. I doubt I would have laughed as much if the scores were reversed.

Team Pyrrhic Victory

11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The weekend started badly but it's gotten better and better!

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Goood eeeveneeeng!

The Day of the Bottlers in the PL.

Congrats to Xabi Alonso and Bayern Leverkusen who wrap up the Bundesliga with 5 games to spare.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Pompey beat Barnsley to secure automatic promotion to the Championship. I rather like Portsmouth and it's ok to see them back around their 'natural' place in the pyramid. South Coast Derby back on if Soton can't win the playoffs, which is good.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Saints could still get automatic promotion the way the teams above them are bottling big time, they are 4 points off with 4 to play.

15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #5315 pookspur, Apr 16, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    Fair point. It's been two-from-three so long I'd not realized how close Soton had gotten to them. They'd need to pass two of 'em, but you're right, they've all been so shite you wouldn't put a dime on any of them getting over the line.

Still, I like Pompey going up. Also, Colchester beat Grimsby today in League2, and while neither is technically safe, both look in decent shape to stay up. But more importantly, that result sends Forest Green Rovers down to non-league with certainty. I'm fine with that.

16. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Seeing Eric Dier in the Bayern team in the CL makes me think we've entered a strange reality where anything can happen, and does.

17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well Arsenal can focus on the league now.

Phillyspur repped this.
  18. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Doo do doo... Shame about the Arsenal :ROFLMAO:
    Only better thing would have been Kane scoring.

19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    And now Arsenal won’t even get the small advantage of Man City splitting focus

20. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Villa still distracted by European football, which is good news for us.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Villa now the only English club left in Europe. Hopefully the Olympiakos supporters will burn down Villa Park.

SF19 repped this.
  22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Villa play twice before we play the NLD, Bournemouth and Chelsea at home. If Bournemouth turn up, they could be tricky, but I don't expect Chelsea to do us any favours.

23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Haaland not on the bench for City. Hardly a poor season from him, but a far cry from the hype last year.

edit: nvm saw he’s injured.

24. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    City beat Chelsea. As little as I want City to win anything, watching Chelsea hoist something this season would have been depressing.

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    FA Cup semi going into added extra time, as ManU have pissed away a 3-goal lead.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coventry get through, even though City will batter them in the final.