I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I've been wanting to get to Portman Road for awhile now. It just hasn't worked out yet. If they go up, it'll be a tough ticket in the Prem and probably make it that much longer.

There's a small, selfish part of me that wants Luton to go down this year, solely because it will increase the likelihood that I can get back to Kenilworth Road before it's gone.

2. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, Ipswich is a bit out of the way so I don't blame you. You're right, if they went up, tickets would be impossible to get. Sadly my brother's not in to footie at all, so I have no inside track for tickets.

3. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I used to go and watch Ipswich when Bobby Robson was their manager, the time of Mick Mills. They were quite good at home back then so I'd love to see them back up.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    VAR finally does its job - on a corner, Ashley Young is suplexed in the box by Dummett, the video official tells the match ref to have a look, the pen is given and Calvert-Lewin scores for Everton against Newcastle.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Big win for Forest to go 3 points clear of Luton ahead of their trip to Nouveau WHL.

6. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    West Ham's goal was very lucky wasn't it? He just jumped up, put his head down and it hit his back and went in, he didn't steer it. Oh well, we had the luck against Luton so it's evened out. A draw against the seventh placed club away is quite respectable imo.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    City doing us a solid, Foden has a hattrick and Unai Emery looks more constipated than ever.

8. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    Villa just cannot live with the big boys can they?

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    He's right you know - they've only beaten Man City, Arsenal and us - they must be rubbish.

SF19 and jumhed repped this.
  10. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Chelsea are great.

11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I’ll know Tottenham have made the jump to a truly competitive team when they can be as shit as Chelsea/United, but still be in with a shout at a trophy.

12. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    When they went 2-0 ahead I thought that if Burnley can draw at The Bridge then Utd can win.

SF19 repped this.
  13. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    The old Chelsea late show strikes again. Draw at home by way of two penalties, one in the 98th minute, not good Chelsea.

14. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    How the hell did that happen? Utd, you bloody idiots. Oh well, I was wrong but so nearly right. Nobody saw this coming.

15. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    Huge deflection. Chelsea? You lucky so and so's

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Chelsea finally do us a solid.

17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I think that also gives Chelsea the record for the latest turnaround win. Deki and Richarlson scored in the 98th and 100th minute. Chelsea the 100th and 101st.

Chickasaw repped this.
  18. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I've lost count how many times Chelsea have won matches in that manner.

19. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Such a silly statistic. If a game goes to 120 minutes, a goal in the 119th is still in the 89th minute of actual play.

pookspur repped this.
  20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Jamie O'Hara on Talksport talking about Cole Palmer and Poch: 'It reminds me of Poch's relationship with Gareth Bale when he was at Tottenham'.

WTF?

Gareth was long gone by the time Poch rolled up. (and he mentioned it more than once)

What a bonehead!

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  21. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I've never known a more difficult day's predictions than today's matches. I haven't a clue which match I'd bet on except Palace v City.

22. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Currently Brentford have scored 3 in about 10 minutes at Villa to lead, after being 2-0 down. Reguilon with the assist for the go-ahead goal.

23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ends 3-3, Villa 3 points ahead of us on 2 more games played.

24. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    A Stuttgart win today would see them level on points after Bayern lose to Heidenheim.

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Leverkusen can clinch the Bundesliga with a win next week and 5 games to spare.

Agents Kane and Dier have almost completed the first part of their job.