I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Time for the regular 'Arsenal are shite' comment.

2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    you hate to see it

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It had a novel charm about it for a while. But now it's become like casually mentioning that the sky is blue, or that Louie Spence is a bit camp.

4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I hadn’t realized just how bad their start has been. Nine goals against and no goals scored. Losing to City and Chelsea isn’t shocking, but to not have a single goal over three games is shockingly bad.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly how I was thinking about it. The three losses is not too much news. Every team has a bad day losing against a team they should beat, and losing to other traditional powers happens, the powers often trade wins and losses.

But, zero goals, and a 5-0 loss to anyone? That's the news that should have Arsenal fans in pain.

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's true, you know ... the 'shite' thing.

jumhed and Phillyspur repped this.
  7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Liverpool and Chelsea have just played out a 1-1 draw. That means that if (and it's by no means taken for granted) we should beat Watford tomorrow, we will be at the top of the table, whilst our North London neighbors will be at the bottom.

I know it means nothing genuinely meaningful, but it'll make for a pleasant enough glance at the table.

Funkfoot repped this.
  8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if that had ever happened before during a season, either way.

9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    So, apparently Willian and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract so that he can return to play in Brazil (going to Corinthians, I believe). Anyway, the interesting bit is that he is forfeiting 20m pounds in wages to do so. I mean, that will be offset by what he earns in Sao Paulo, but you've got to think he's willing to piss away a majority of that just to get out. He has been said to called his time at Arsenal as "the worst time that I lived as a professional", this said before the termination of said contract.

Happy times at N5.

10. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, the answer is NOPE, in the history of the top flight, there has not previously been a day in which Spurs topped the table and Arsenal was basement in the table.

11. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Credit where credit is due, this is really great self-deprecating humor by Arsenal fans.

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    'Where credit is due', though, is to Irons fans, not the gooners. That clip is actually from a West Ham loss to Man City in the League Cup four or five years ago.

13. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... how about that... apologies to all who were confused by my confusion.

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    What a shitty day of football.

15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    1st to 5th and likely 6th by the end of the weekend on the back of a toothless performance to rival the worst of Mourinho’s tenure.

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Chris Hughton's been given the sack at Forest. None too soon, most would say, as they're on one point from 7 games. Forest has enough talent to be reasonably expected to be challenging for a playoff spot, and Hughton's certainly a decent enough manager, so something's gone very wrong there. He underachieved there last season, coming 17th and anemic in attack (with only one 'goal for' more than Derby's division-worst 36), so the pressure was going to come quickly if they didn't start well ... and they definitely didn't.

He turned down Wednesday before taking Forest, which was understandable enough ... but Hillsborough couldn't have gone any worse for him than this.

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He seems to be a very 'safety first' kind of manager. I think if he has a team that's performing he tends to do okay. If they're a bit cack they play horrible football

18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    City draw with Southampton. A few more dropped points and they might actually come with a reasonable offer for Kane in the winter

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    ...and Liverpool tonk Palace 3-0, that's the difference between them and us.

20. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    What a shitty two weeks of football.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Get used to it...

22. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Ranieri's in at Watford.

They're going down.

23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That, or win the league.

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Or something in between, I suppose. But I'm guessing the former.

edit: I like Claudio, mind. I wish him well, generally speaking. And to be fair, I'm not saying that he'll take them down. I suspect he'll be gone before that. I'm not a huge fan of how that club is run.