I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd love to get Rangers in this tournament. Or at least I would have if fans were involved. That would be great, Spurs at Ibrox.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Arse/Benfica coming down to the wire. Nervy, this.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And they've just won it 3-2 my day is ruined

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ... and no sooner do I type it.

Aubameyang scores to put Arsenal up with just minutes to go.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Molde finish off Hoffenheim 2-0, Rangers win 5-2 and 9-5 on aggregate.

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's not helped mine, either.

Dammit.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Napoli lose 3-2 on aggregate.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Had a laugh at Ole Gunnar having a moan about the conspiracy to deny Manchester United penalties after what would have been the softest penalty imaginable was denied on Sunday. Apparently, the match referee had been influenced by that most dastardly source of conspiracy theories, the Chelsea website. This from the manager of the team that has received far and away the most penalties in the PL. This guy has to be the luckiest manager on the face of the earth.

9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I always liked Ole as a player. As a manager, my appreciation has grown a bit thin.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And I can't stand his fake Manc accent...

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    As much as Pook will hate it, Villa losing at 10-man Sheffield Utd is a fantastic result for us - and the Blades guarantee they will avoid Derby's record low point total of 11.

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    To be honest, I don't hate the swine as much as it probably sounds. My mates chastise me when I say it, but Bramall Lane is a proper football ground. I mean, I definitely want them to go down, as I hate seeing them above Wednesday, but the latter are so shite right now that it hardly matters.

They lost to a 10-man Rotherham side today in the 97th minute. They've just brought in a new manager - Darren Moore - two days ago, whom I really like, and for whom I am hopeful. But today was the same weak shit they've been showing all year. I don't think they're any more likely to stay in their division than are the pigs.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Tough for both sides of the city, 2 relegations, without the consolation of a Steel City derby.

14. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I wonder if Klopp makes it to the end of the season?

Phillyspur repped this.
  15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The only way he goes is if he resigns.

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    True. And I certainly wouldn't expect him to do so. But ...

... his situation isn't too awfully different from what made him walk at Dortmund. Once he felt that he couldn't get through and that his influence was waning ... that he'd probably won all there he was going to win ... he decided to move on. Again, I'm not saying I think it will happen, but if he did step down, I wouldn't be entirely shocked.

17. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    In some ways it is similar to Poch, remember his cryptic message about leaving if he won the CL. I think he knew that he had gone as far as he could with Levy.

But FSG has always backed Klopp, so I think they'll flush this season and go again. Now that is easy to do when you have won the big prizes, it wasn't so easy for Poch as he hadn't won anything.

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Channelling their inner Mourinho and AVB, Porto dump Juventus out of the CL!

Juventus win 3-2 on the night after extra time, but Porto go through 4-4 on away goals.

A great victory for The Little Man of Football as it is the ruthless Agnelli family who are behind all the proposed changes that will ruin football as we know it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...angelli-risks-futile-push-for-fan-of-tomorrow

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And the other game wasn't bad either, Dortmund 2-2 Sevilla (5-4 on aggregate) including a wild VAR-inspired retaken penalty sequence that included taunting by the keeper and the taker, brilliant stuff.

20. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is de 'istory of de Juventus.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Except when they played us

22. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Chelsea dropped points at Leeds and now Everton are two goals down to Burnley. Today going nicely for us thus far.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wednesday are going down. Third tier. They are so, so shit.

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Amazing how quickly fortunes can change in football. Last season, Barnsley needed a stoppage time goal at Griffin Park to stay up on the last day of the season and now they are in the playoff positions.

As for Wednesday, even without the points deduction they would still be going down. Every Thursday our boss treats us to a happy hour after work - I will drink a quiet toast to the blue half of Sheffield.

25. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC