I'm not bitter ... but I hate you all (other teams thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Poch has his choice of jobs it and the Arsenal one seems to have a lot of downsides and very little upside other than him not having to uproot his family and/or sticking it to Levy if he feels slighted.

2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Small consolation, but Arsenal lost to Brighton.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Too funny, the Arsenal support is already calling for Ljunberg's head...

electrickeeper repped this.
  4. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    arseanal -the gift that keep giving!

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    What a beautiful weekend! Chelsea lose at home to Bournemouth, Man U dump 2 points at home to Everton, Woolwich get hammered by Man City,

Funkfoot repped this.
  6. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    and foxes lost 2 pts at home which for me is also good!

Funkfoot repped this.
  7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think catching Leicester and Man City may be out of the question, although a month ago I would have said the same thing about 4th. Amazing how quickly things change.

8. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing Selhurst go wild today brought back memories.

Damn I miss Frankie Simek, even if I was the one that cursed him.

9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    shameful, that was. poor frankeh.

I got to selhurst for the first time last April (palace v citeh), and you're right, it's a cracking football ground.* palace support is really quite good.

*actually, you didn't say that at all. but i'm thinking you were implying it.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It is a great old ground, but it takes forever to get there!

11. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was implying it. I enjoyed it ver much

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    holy moley, it did for me! it was really weird. I don't remember what station I went to in the city, but I bought a ticket to one of the stations close to the grounds which included a train that terminated south of the river, then a bus ride in London traffic to another station which then took me the final leg to the ground. I couldn't believe how convoluted it was. what was most ridiculous was that during that last stretch, the train stopped at a station that was also on the Northern Line. I could've just taken the tube down there and popped over, which would have been so much simpler (and surely faster). the reverse is how I returned post-match.

I'm guessing (but certainly don't know) that it only went that way due to a stretch of temporarily closed tracks on the line, but crikey, it was maddening.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    what stand were you in? you were sat with Wednesday, yes? Beastie or someone sort you an away ticket?

14. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was with the Wednesday lads. I believe it was Southy who sorted it for me.

This was the halftime when Tommo fell asleep. There's photos of the amazing sleeping footy fan somewhere on the internet.

15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Tommo falling asleep at the footy was not a one-off, apparently. I believe it happened before, since, or both, as well … though memory doesn't serve me as well as it once did.

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It probably took the Brighton supporters less time to get there on Monday then it would for Spurs fans!

17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Brighton fans can probably get to Palace quicker than they can get to the Amex, if there's any truth to the rumors of what that's like.

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I have grainy memories of the Goldstone Ground when the Albion were briefly in the top flight in the early 80s. I know for a while they played at the Withdean athletics ground and they even had to play a couple of seasons at Gillingham if I'm not mistaken, so the construction of the AMEX and their rise to the PL is a remarkable story.

19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, the Withdean was awful for football. almost as bad as when Rotherham was playing at the Don Valley athletics stadium in Sheffield.

and to think … West Ham left a perfectly good - a really good - football ground for an athletics stadium. if I were a hammer **shudders** I would be beyond furious.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think the Spammers and their heathen support have still not come to grips with playing at the DildoDome. Long may it last.

21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I remember when it was still uncertain where we were going to be playing during our 'one' season away from the Lane … would it be Wembley, MK, the Emirates, etc.? As that was the first season that West Ham would be in the Olympic Stadium, there was brief speculation that we might play that year at the vacated Upton Park. I can't imagine there was anything to it - although you've gotta think Levy would explore every conceivable option. But how weird would that have been?

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It actually may have happened if Daniel Levy didn't have such a fractious relationship with the Dildo Brothers and Karen Brady. They always resented the fact we picked off their better players (Defoe, Carrick, Parker) and that he stiffed them by loaning them an injured David Bentley and getting them to pay his wages for the final 6 months of his contract. There are a lot of things I don't like about Levy, but when he screws you, he screws you good.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    oh, and the Olympic Stadium bid. when he barged in with that late offer to reconfigure the stadium and upgrade the Athletics facility in south London, he was trampling on a lot of established political groundwork from the dildos. they were thinking they were already over the finish line and here comes Levy, with a very viable set of plans that would have taken a shitload of money out of their pockets. to say they're not interested in helping Levy/Spurs out is, as you suggest, very much understated.

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The whole awarding of that stadium to West Ham was a massive scam, but as usual, the politicos and the shady businessmen all got off scot-free.

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Even when we want the neighbours to do us a tiny favour, they still find a way to cack it up