I'm going to Frankfurt and I'll be Rightback: Timmy Chandler at Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Jul 19, 2014.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Just watched his minutes - looked a step slow. Effective enough, but not strong relative to his team today.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... starting in the Bundesliga and not even on the USMNT radar...interesting.

8. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    What’s interesting? Speaks more to the quality of our depth, let alone players who r actually FN committed to the shirt.
    Hell, Yedlin has his issues but when he comes he plays, plays hard and cares. Does pretty well also. Also playing well for Gal right now. I would trust a playing Cannon more than TC.
    Should we keep 18 year old Scally out of the set up?
    This is a guy JK brought and basically refused to play at the WC in 14 because of the commitment issues. Nothing interesting here.
    When it come to dual Nats TC can take a leap off a bridge as far as I am concerned. We don’t need that type of dual nat. Especially now.
    Thank goodness.

eric_appleby repped this.
  9. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler hasn’t been with the usmnt for a long time, he was never any good when he was with the team, he failed to show up when invited on multiple occasions (2011 Gold Cup under Bob, and then again under Jurgen), he is approaching 32 years old, he knows very few players on the current team, he still isn’t a regular on Eintracht, and he doesn’t play a position of need on the USMNT.

It’s not surprising or interesting that he’s not with the USMNT. It’s only surprising that people think he should be

10. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    The reason I finally decided to post here is because the quality, and reason, of the level of poster has improved over the last year IMO. More rationale and pragmatic people. The “new” way to cast aspersions is the “indirect tactic”.
    Mention something overtly, guess, wonder, insinuate without really stating it.
    Let someone else do the dirty work if possible, Try to act reasonably, when there is nothing reasonable being offered. If no one bites u put it out there and move on to your next quip. Different tactic, just as pathetic and obvious.

11. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    BTW, great site. A real oasis in the desert for a long time.

dark knight repped this.
  12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Exciting young national team prospect starting in the Europa League vs Fenerbahce today. Presumably RWB, given the lineup.

freisland repped this.
  15. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    overall, he underwhelmed with the USMNT - but "never any good" is a bit much - he had some really good games!

most players have had various reasons for not attending games/tourneys etc....donovan's hiatus or many euro players wanting to do preseason this year, for example.

"still" isnt a regular is misleading -he has been a regular for many seasons in the bundesliga....

hes played 17,000 minutes in the bundesliga with 20 assists and 13 goals. for an outside back thats pretty good! fwiw more assists and goals than steve cherundolo had in 25,000 minutes.

chandler's commitment has been questionable and performance hasnt been amazing but he played full 90 in wins over germany and netherlands and played very well in first game a tie with argentina. he did indeed give a lot to the national team.

theres a lot of depth at right back but players like shaq moore cannon and even yedlin havent exactly lit the world on fire....would any of them start in the bundesliga now? for a decent team? perhaps yes but I dont think its a slam dunk that all 3 are clearly better than chandler...and tyler adams recently played right back for usmnt....so.....I'd prefer chandler there myself.

and who cares if he knows these guys or not....its not a clubhouse ---even though that is how the usmnt is often managed.

i just dont understand why its necessary to throw a player like this under the bus.

16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Well, he's the only Yank starting in the Europa League in the early games. So, let's go?

adam tash and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bottom line: I'm glad he's not getting called. You're doing well, Egg.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and adam tash repped this.
  21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And it ended that way. Tim played 90. Frankfurt holding on to the Europa spot for now, but Freiburg has to play at the Aspirins yet.

22. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brooks lennon is about to start for USMNT against bosnia.

honest question: would you bet your house that he is better than chandler?

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'd have to see whether Lennon looks half-arsed with the NT.

24. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Still think that Chandler is likely our third-best RB after Dest and Scally (who is young and never capped). I'd take Chandler over Yedlin, Reynolds, or Cannon if the World Cup started tomorrow. Though Yedlin/Chandler is a bit of a toss-up.

25. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The WC is way too soon for a guy like Reynolds, and Cannon is not in a great spot for his club situation. Yedlin, Dest and Scally all have the inside tracks but it would be hard to overlook a guy who is starting week in and out at Frankfurt, especially if he came out again and said he's dying to play for the US, get us qualified and then play in the WC.