I'm going to Frankfurt and I'll be Rightback: Timmy Chandler at Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Wasn't watching, but it seems Chandler subbed on for a previous sub at RWB. First touch was winning a header in the offensive box and playing it into danger, but came to nothing.

2. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Chandler nice passing sequence ending in lame cross, but earns a corner.

3. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Chandler and Matarazzo share the points, 1-1. Nice to see him get minutes, though.

Winoman repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And scores:

sakibomb523, Hobo, jnielsen and 3 others repped this.
  6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankfurt is ending the season very strong

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Tough day for Frankfurt. Watched the Chandler portion of the match - he was OK. If it's not a contradiction, he simultaneously covered a lot of ground from RWGand didn't totally look 90 minutes fit. Tried some ambitious headers, picked up a yellow for a professional foul - though he was clearly trying to make a fair tackle but it had the impact of breaking up a counter - and maybe should have run down Hannes Wolf for Gladbach's fourth goal in the 95th minute, but didn't. One wonders how long he'll be in their plans for next year.

12. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iffin there is a team that is more Jekyll and Hyde this season than Frankfurt, I haven’t seen one. Some weeks they come out and blow the doors off teams, other days they put up zero fight. Not sure what to make of these guys.

13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Chandler starts! For some reason I checked. Live on ESPN+, looks like right mid in a 3-4-3 / an advanced RWB. Just made a terrible cross that ended well above and behind the goal.

adam tash repped this.
  14. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's wild how off-the-radar this guy is considering he plays for a team in line for UCL action next year...

I wonder if there is something behind-the-scenes that keeps him out of Beerholders mind...?

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    He'd be the oldest field player other than Ream called in for a long time, and while Ream is a coach surrogate in practice and games and is left-sided where we are thin. Chandler doesn't have that kind of relationship with the US team and his best position is owned by Dest, with Yedlin, Reynolds, Cannon, and Adams all at least intriguing much younger alternatives.

Maybe it's behind the scenes, but there's plenty right out in the open.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  16. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah nah i understand that 50% of the USMNT plays right back for club lol....I mean guys like Olusunde and Moore would be right in the mix in past cycles....

But its rare that such a player playing for a top 4 team in Germany is literally not even mentioned as a possibility.

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Plays" is a bit of a stretch. Before today's start, he's played 124 minutes this season. The 25 minutes he got last week were the most since he played a half in October.

If he's regularly playing and contributing, he'll at least be in the broader pool, but the odds are stacked against him.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Chandler still out there, and providing the magic (not really) to help them to 2-0 as Silva heads home a cross from the left side. Chandler was at the back post if the cross was a foot higher.

19. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well he played a ton last season...less than 12 months ago he was the starter...and now he seems to be back in the mix....not as if he hasn't proven it at this level....like a young player. yes he hasnt gotten much time this season...but depending on the reason that could be irreelevant now that hes playing again.

i am not saying he should or shouldnt be called up....nver in 30 plus years of following usmnt have I seen a single position as stacked as right back is for usmnt.....but just commenting that it is remarkable that a player for a top 4 team in germany ...who is getting minutes and is a proven commodity is basically not even in the pool...which, historically, there arent many parallels to.

20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Finally off in the 88th minute. Still up 2-0. Played OK.

21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It should be noted he was rumored to have been in the pool for the March 2020 friendlies when he went on that wild scoring streak. He dropped off the table after that. It would be good to see him play on a regular basis again.

adam tash repped this.
  22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Played OK, but only had a few minutes in there before Bayer scored a second and almost certainly clinched it. Looked a little more spry than last time I watched him.

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signed an extension until 2025:

Hobo and edcrocker repped this.
  26. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems the contract includes an option to work for the club after his playing days end:

edcrocker and felloveranddidanadu repped this.