I'm Getting Sick Of It

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Taking up needless server space with "smiles". How wasteful.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooooooooooooo. I give up. That blow was just deadly.

3. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eggy, your right, I do like being in control. I do admit to that, I'm not going to pretend I didn't say that. At the same time, I don't let my ideas and visions and wantingness to have control take over me. I think with a clear head. I know that your next post will bash me about that statement, I already envision it.

Why do I like to have control? I like seeing things get done. I get satisfaction when I have overseen a project or whatever go through to it's maximum potential. I hate leaving that sort of thing up to others, I have a fear that it will not get accomplished. People who know me well know that I love to joke around and be stupid. They also know that when the time comes, I'm serious about getting stuff done. Don't get me wrong, I'm not like some dictator or anything. If I'm the one overseeing things, I'll make sure that it gets done.

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    this thread is highly entertaining :D

5. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Entertaining posts from all....

care for some perspective from some eyes outside columbus??? ive been to a total of 1 crew game... and had a great time... this was back in the day of Zak and the group... met at some place called the rose and thistle before hand, got our tix from zak actually, had some beverages with him and then into the game. we had a great time harassing zack thornton, several chants were directed specifically at him, others at the the fire...

we had a great time at the game... the verbal abuse was nothing outragous... something about him being a "fat bastard and eating all the pies". there was hardly any cursing going on, a lot of beer was being consumed, there was a lively group in V Army, although we were not officially with the group, we were welcomed as they had seen us at the tailgate before hand etc.

what happened to THAT V army i expereinced a couple of years ago, has it all disappeared since Zak left? Eggy, its obvious u want nothing to do with Legion 04, and the Legion 04 guy seems like hes the kid on the block that desperately wants to be president of the treehouse, but no one wants to belong to the treehouse anyway. Legion 04, maybe you just need to do your thing, eggy, you do your thing... and the better of the 2 supportors group will survive.

when we went to CCS we wanted to sit in the V Army section cause i had seen them on TV, knew they were the supporters section and it looked like fun. we couldve bought better seats, but chose to sit where the fun was, we wanted the experience. now dont bash me on this one, we went to see the fire as well, and Section 8 was by far the best section in SF. they were loud, organized and looked like a lot of fun. now IIRC, section 8 is made up of 2, 3 or 4 different supporters clubs (MDST, barn burners, etc) couldnt the same thing work for the crews 2 supporters clubs?

would seem to me that since V Army has been there longer, they should have some sort of seniority when it comes to supporters clubs, BUT they also have to be willing to welcome differnt people and even different groups into the fold for the over all goal, support the Columbus Crew.

Eggy, i would say, give a little, listen to the kid a bit... if he has ideas that you guys have already tried, tell him.. dont shoot the guy down... tell him why they worked, or why they dont work.. Legion 04, know your place a bit.. offer to work with V Army, and if they arnt interested, do your own thing. if you become bigger than V Army, maybe people will see you guys on TV and want to sit with you, because thats where all the fun is.

Eggy, has V Army changed its goal from supporting the crew to just a campaign to get Andrulis fired? not taking a shot, just asking....

6. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly is my place? I'm not trying to be rude at all, but I know for a fact that my opinion counts just as much as yours. Because I'm in high school doesn't make me "the little guy." There are times when Legion 04 IS the loudest supprters club in CCS. I have offered to work with V-Army....did you even read the thread?

This is the first time that I'm actually beginning to lose my temper. Eggy is ruining the goal of this thread. Eggy, if you want CCS to sound like a graveyard, go for it. Sit on the sidelines with ductape over your mouth, I really don't care. For me, I'm here because I'm tired of supporters clubs around the league laughing at us. You want proof that we're failing, listen to any home match this past season, it's dead silent at CCS. You want to hear our goal, listen to any DC home match. My vision....3 times that noise level.

Legion 04 is not a treehouse that no one wants to be in. It is a small supporters club that has a vision of what can be, if we think progressive, and work together. Our numbers goal for next year....50 people, every match.

I see this as a challenge, Eggy sees this as a lost cause. I want to work with V-Army. At the same time, I want Legion 04 to pass V-Army and become THE supporters club at CCS. Peter probably has the same goal in mind. Working with us, but being the "older brother" supporters club.

My goal is that next year, everyone who posts on this thread goes to a Crew game and will be awed by what Legion 04 can do on its own and what it can do with V-Army.

7. CrewMurphy2

CrewMurphy2 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he did come up with the idea of the thread and posted all his ideas on the first page. If these ideas have already been done they great, but they were his ideas therefore original, he didn't take them from anyone else.

Someone is a hypocrite. If you can't determine how arrogant someone is on these boards, how exactly do you determine if someone is "a dork, corny, nerdy, and full of hot air"? I thought you said you were out of high school, because you’re still using second grade insults.

Do you pay attention? We went and sat with V-Army against Dallas when we watched a boring 1-1 tie and it rained like crazy. We didn't like the drunken atmosphere and some of the chants so we created something that people who don't want to be a part of that. If you can't understand that then I don't know what else to say.

Isn't saying that there not original (and other things that you have said because I know there are more) swatting them down?

We start another one because the several you say that have existed aren't in existence any more. One may be enough, but we didn't want to participate in it.

Again with the guessing how people are online thing. You seem to just be pulling insults out of your butt. Nick's a control freak because he likes to lead? Does that make Martin Luther King Jr. a control freak? How about George Washington? No that makes them natural born leaders. Nick is exactly that. His interest, though, happens to be in soccer so he's using his abilities as a leader to help build something he is interested in. He doesn't demand everyone does as he says. He puts his ideas out there and tries to get people who want to, to help. Come up with some insults that make sense bud.

8. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Don't make Eggy come back to Crew Stadium a la Jesus and make all you heathens behave!

9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus was a friend to all.

10. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    eggy needs to come back.

we need someone there 6 hours before the match starts with an england flag draped over thier car, standing next to it drinking beer and blasting some real punk rock.

sure beats fans bitching at each other about swearing, or whose chants to use, or where to put the banners up.

and i dont know if anyone else caught it, but apparently this guy nick is up there with george washington and MLKjr. impressive.

11. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try. :) Haha.

12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, Garyn and I just thought it came naturally to you.

Hearing you speak is like a religious experience. Preach man, preach.

13. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a dream....darn, that one's already taken. :)

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eggy is the new STB. Only Eggy supports a better side.

15. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

New STB? I was going to matches before that guy.

What next? I'll get deported?

16. Superdrew69

Superdrew69 Member

May 9, 2004
    The Ohio State Univ.
    I'm 18 years old and I have been going over and cheering with V-Army since I was about 15. The language is not always the greatest for young ears, but there has been an effort made over the last couple seasons to lower the amount of vulgarity. You say that you were at the Dallas game when it was raining and that you were not impressed with V-Army. That was one of the most amazing games of the year for the group even though it was a horrible performance by the team and horrible weather. By the end of the game it seemed as though we were some of the few people left in the stadium and we were louder than ever. I am willing to work with your new group, and I have tried to join in if you start a chant, but based on your numbers from last year, I have trouble believing that you will be able to maintain 50 people per game in a group composed of high schoolers who often only come when their parents bring them. I give you credit for your hard work, but your goals seem a little unattainable.

17. CrewMurphy2

CrewMurphy2 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me correct some things first. We were impressed at the Dallas game and had a great time, but it wasn't quite what we were thinking. At the time we had wanted to start our own group so it's not like we got the idea after that game. We felt some of the chants weren't really necessary, but it was a very fun game and the four of us who went really enjoyed ourselves with V-Army.

Secondly, our numbers last year weren't great and Nick and I both know that, but we also know that this was our first season and we averaged 15 or so people a game (Nick probably knows the actual numbers). I also know that at times during the season we were more organized and vocal then V-Army was; that's not saying anything against you guys but you guys didn't have the greatest year and it showed sometimes.

The majority of my friends can drive and almost all of them (including myself) will be able to drive by next summer. I made sure this summer we always had rides to the game (my dad goes to every game and other parents sometimes went too), but in no way were we only there "when are parents could take us". It seems to me that there is a big misconception of youth on these boards. Do you guys not remember when you were teenagers?

Wow some people... I was just saying that he is a natural born leader and use people that you may have heard of as examples. I could have used examples that were closer to how Nick is but I didn't think you'd know who Kip Greenhill was. ;)

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm telling you people.......... V-Army Legion...........

19. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    i know exactly who this is.

20. CrewMurphy2

CrewMurphy2 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? If you're being serious then I'm sorry, if not then i laughed when I saw your post.

21. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that your not placing me in the same category as Greenhill. Haha, we have almost nothing in common except our love for cross country.

With the holidays nearing it's end with New Years, when should we have our supporters club meeting? This would be between V-Army and Legion 04.

22. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I can meet next weekend. The 15th, 16th, or 17th would be fine with me. We have a long weekend so I have time to spare to meet for an hour or two. What does everyone think? Would next weekend be good?

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryan Smith says Tuesday 1/25 at 6:30 PM. Huntington Club.

24. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Krypto. Legion 04 will be there. It'll probably just be Patrick and myself, or we may bring one more along if they wish to go. Who all's going from V-Army? I hope you guys have some good ideas, I'm spending a lot of my time thinking of potential projects.