I'm Getting Sick Of It

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Nov 14, 2004.

1. CrewMurphy2

CrewMurphy2 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all I'd like to say that I'm a friend of Nick's who helped co-found The Legion. Nick and I had been talking about making something like this for about a year before we actually got it done and in a years time it has made more progress than I would have thought. Both of us are dedicated Crew fans and we were there all season standing and cheering thought we didn't actually get The Legion going until several games into the season. I also know that during the rough spot in the previous season, our numbers didn't dwindle as did the numbers of V-Army. This is nothing against them, but I'm just saying that we have the support needed to make it through no matter the results.

Nick's ideas are big and some of them are probably a little farfetched, but he knows what he wants and we're going to work as hard as we can to get as much accomplished at CCS as possible. The problem regarding people leaving after high school shouldn't be there as our goal is that we will recruit younger kids as we get older who can continue where we left off. Now the fact that we are currently only averaging 10 people a game isn't helping that but in three more years, if all goes as planned, things should be much better. I'm interested in hearing more from the Brava member about how he got those banners and everything and how the group became to be what it is because that's what we want 137 to be like. The way it was during the U.S. games I attended this year was wonderful and exactly what we want.

Now Eggy, I don't know what you were doing during your high school career, probably drinking and sitting on your ass like you currently seem to be doing, but not all kids are as stupid as you seem to think. Just because when you were in high school you weren't able to support a team doesn't mean others can't. I'm sure that Nick and I rival many on this board with the level of dedication we have for the team. I don't know why you don't seem to understand that age doesn't make a difference when talking about supporting a soccer team. I don't know, maybe being a Wolves supporter has caused loss of high school memory or something, but high schoolers are capable of supporting a team probably a lot easier than adults because of the free time on weekends (when most of the games are played).

Nick and I have every intention of keeping The Legion going for as long as possible. If we don't have the support of the people here then we will do it without that support. In just a years time we were able to go from an idea to a supporter's group recognized by the Crew front office. We will continue to work and we will be successful. We want to cooperate as much as possible but if the help isn't there then we'll do it alone.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're going to New Mexico and Oregon and then we're going to Washington DC to take back the White HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL NOT GIVE UP!

We will not give up in Ohio...
    New Hampshire....
    AND South CAAAARRROOOLLLLINA!!!

...:) Lots of love man.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Actually junior I have never sat on my ass. I have a full time job and go to school full time. Where do you work? GAP Kids?

I supported the Crew while in high-school. They were only around my senior year. I did alot of things. I never drank much in high-school.

For all the shít-talking you kids are doing I have yet to see one original idea on this thread.

4. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Laughs Knowingly) :)

5. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    what are you laughing at? Look at your list kid.

Already done by V-Army without making it sound like a trip to the Science museum.

What have you come up with so far Socrates?

Who's going to pay for this? Your mother?

Already been done by V-Army. That's why you have a smoke machine etc.

This is redundant. You barely passed finger-painting this year and your asking people to be creative.

Absolute cack.

6. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eggy (sigh), at least I'm putting ideas on the table. We have to hear you talk about how we all suck because we're not you. I beg you to review this thread and read from post one. Evidently you're just not getting the point. Look at how many times you've gone out of control on this thread. I'm tossing out ideas saying, "Hey we can do better, any ideas?" In response we get to hear your complaining, how you have to drive ALL THE WAY to games, how you work a job and go to school, how we all suck because we don't think exactly like you, and whatever else you like to blabber on about.

You're like a disease, crippling the intent of this thread. If you don't like this thread or are too arrogant for other ideas, don't post.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Out of control? hardly? How can you determine when someone is out of control by reading text?

I'm not arrogant. I just think your a dork and you prove it by posting things like "Let's look like these Duke basketball fans" etc etc.

I've done my fair share of things. I've done websites, helped with the jersey flag for the past several games I've been to. I've given money to Zak for V-Army.

You're corny, nerdy and full of hot air. I'll keep posting here and I'll keep telling you that.

8. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the subject at hand. Her is one of my ideas, that I voiced to Krypto in a private message:

I know that you (V-Army) had the "Sack Andrulis" one last year. I'm thinking along the same lines, but non-controversial messages on banners like that, that span over 1-2 maybe even three sections. As Columbus comes out, we go with fog and we hold up the banner for maybe 1 minute or so. Possible messages:

"Accept Nothing Less Than The Cup"
    "Columbus: Glory, Passion, Honor"
    "V-Army and Legion 04 Are Behind You"
    "Believe in the Black and Gold"
    "The Quest For The Cup Begins Now"

Purchasing bed sheets like that shouldn't be too hard, we could even try some other cheap-o material from a thrift store or something.

Your thoughts?

9. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CrewMurphy2 and Legion 04-- I can't fault you for your passion for The Crew. Nor can I fault the members of V-Army 1941 for their passion. But, guys, listen to your elders. Most of these ideas have already been tried, it's just that V-Army 1941 has been slammed by the FO so much that we are satirical. Things change with time and managers. Keep trying. BUT, if you expect your ideas to work ground wide, guess again. I sit in the club section, and have followed football longer than you've been alive, those people will never join in in chants, etc, just like those with touch line seats never join in in England. Brace yourself for dissappointment if that is your goal.

10. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

He's right.

11. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I'm having trouble grasping how anyone can outgrow drinking and swearing.

12. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

It's easy when you haven't grown into it in the first place.

If people think drinking and swearing here is bad, don't go over seas.

13. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I curse occasionally, but I don't see the point at matches. All you're going to do is alienate potential recruits. If you watch, by halftime, V-Army is all alone in 137. Everybody's moved away from them. Especially if they have little kids or they're trying to watch the match. Now don't get me wrong, people like that shouldn't be in the north end in the first place. Fans sitting around Legion 04 have never complained. Why you may ask? The answer is because it's pointless to curse and we refrain from doing so for the most part. Sure there's an occasional word or two, but we don't make a habit of it. What's the end result? Right now, people are moving away from us, leaving us isolated. The whole point is to build and recruit.

As far as what Brook said. I thank him for the post. I do understand that the majority of fans at Hunt Park aren't going to stand up and chant with us. At the same time, if V-Army and Legion 04 work together, we may get people to think about it. If we really work together to make people say "wow." They'll come over and try for a half, I'll bet you. When I saw the jersey flag go up at the first match last season. I heard a little girl who was maybe 5 say, "Wow, look at that!" Everyone on the touchline's were looking over. To be honest, I wanted to be over there so bad. If you can generate those emotions in people, you've got something going. Even if you pick up 20 more people all season...that's 20 more voices chanting and making the north end louder.

I think we should start planning two meetings. One between V-Army and Legion 04. The other would be between the CFO, V-Army, and Legion 04. I'm open on the weekends, Sunday's would be good, because I have Speech and Debate tournaments on Saturday's. Any dates come to mind?

14. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something tells me many of your Friday and Saturday evenings are free, as well.

15. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, actually no, they're not. :)

16. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    So let's see you want to have your own group because of all the things you don't like about V-Army yet you want to have meetings with them to do what....? Change them?

And how well is it going to go over with a 17 or 18 year old kid telling a 27 year old how to support a team, especially when they've been there longer?

Good lluck in your debate tournament. You'll need it.

17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not telling a 27 year old anything; he's merely suggesting his ideas. Since when did having ideas and telling others about them become such a ********ing crime? You act all hostile about this, but cripes man, why the heck do you feel the need to swat down everything he says? There's no need for it. You need to settle the hell down and if you don't like what he's saying, don't read it, and for the love of God, don't comment.

You bashing every idea and saying they're all crap just makes you look like a huge jerkoff.

Oh, and Happy Holidays! :)

18. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    This is why Oprah is bad for society.

Chelsey, you're point of view is completely biased.

I haven't actually swatted down any ideas. I have just said they are not original. Left to right Chels, it's called reading.

So dude like totally chill.

19. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, we need to move on here, seriously. Legion 04 is staying Eggy. Why do we want to meet with V-Army? Well, there's a word...oh yeah, coordination. Obviously we are two seperate groups, but if you combine efforts on some projects, that means double the fun and amazing results. Look at Screaming Eagles and Barra Brava, they're seperate, but they coordinate things together. Last time I checked, that's ok to do. We're two different groups with one common goal. Naturally V-Army is going to do their own thing, we'll do our own thing, but if we can work together it makes it so much better. We're on the same page and it maintains a friendship that has started to grow.

PSG supporters have a love/hate relationship. Lutece Falco split from Supras and they hate each other. They have the same goal, but rarely work together, but when they do, they produce cool results.

The majority of our projects will be seperate, but if we can work together on SOME projects, we can make the experience all the more better. At the last DC match, V-Army AND Legion people were running up the jersey flag. To be more accurate, V-Army was feeding the flag up to myself and another Legion member. Working together creates friendship, fun, and good results.

Now, we need to move on, this is getting so old. The thread was originally intended as a list of grievancess. After that it's supposed to glide into ideas for next season. We're way past the point we should have started to get ideas rolling. I've heard a few good ones.....

-Banner Station outside the Stadium
    -Coordinated Cheers (Maybe, sounds like it doesn't work, but good idea none the less)

Some ideas that I've had were....
    -Long banners with messages on them, spread across 2 sections
    -Bouncing after goals, to create a cool effect
    -Jersey flag with another banner underneath it
    -Releasing hundreds of black and gold balloons

Hey, this is V-Army's 5th year. You guys should dedicate one match to having really elabourite banners celebrating 5 years. Legion 04 will probably do that in early June or late May to celebrate 1 year. Birthday bash at CCS eh? Haha :) .

20. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    You're just not getting it. If you want to cooperate so much you should have just joined V-Army. If you have all these original ideas why didn't you just present them to the group upon joining. Or before joining? Do you like reinventing the wheel?

You sound like a control freak in the making. I bet you ref youth soccer.

There have been probably close to 7 supporters groups over the years. Why start another one?

You're like the male equivalent of Aimer.

21. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    How bout Legion 04 and V-Army merge and become the V-Army Legion ?

23. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my God!!!

24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling someone out on not reading, how original... :rolleyes:

25. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Basically you're a control freak. You want to be the boss of something so you see the Columbus Crew as your perfect opportunity.

Honestly I don't care where you go but the ideas you've prevented so far have already been done. Nothing original.

Now you've asked others for ideas time and time again with no response.

And to top it all off I have not seen you contribute much to the actual discussions about what goes on with the actual team itself.