I'm Getting Sick Of It

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they have to be signatures of students who go to UAHS. You could try to start one up at your school. Like I've said, our ultimate goal is to have brigades at schools across Ohio.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heh. I'm a ditz. I thought you meant for Crew to recognize you guys as a club..My bad.. ;)

3. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all have our moments. :)

We are officially recognized by the Crew as a supporters club.

4. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

That's it.

Would you please SHUT THE FCUK UP!

Can't you go back and do whetever you teenage kids do? Buy Cargo pants? Put new wheels on your skateboard?

Your just embarassing other Crew fans.

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you trying to win the award for being the biggest S-O-B out there?

Jiminy Christmas...

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Eggy, who attends what? 3 games a year?

And he's giving a kid crap who goes to every game?

How about you put-up or shut-up Eggy?

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    And I've still attended more games than most people.

That kid doesn't live in another State either.

8. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Leave your ********-holster at the door please.

9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes: I'm so glad you feel that is an adequate excuse.

Why did this thread have to turn into Crew fans b!tching at one another? I think we all want CCS to be louder, more spirited, and with an all-around better atmosphere.

What exactly is the point of shooting down people's ideas? Where does that get us?

Eggy, if you feel like you have all the solutions, then please, come up here and show us teens just how a proper supporter supports. What do we need? A keg? A dictionary of swear words?

From what I've seen, Nick and his group have:
    chanted against Greg
    brought a drum and used it
    been enthusiastic
    SHOWN UP to most games

And most importantly, they are teenagers(yes teens, Eggy) who LOVE Crew and wish to spend their time and energy in supporting the club.

Now, where the heck is the problem with that?

10. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I think that's our specialty.

11. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa chief, slow down a bit. There's no reason to get angry. First let me answer your stereotypical comments, because personally I find them funny.

1. Buy Cargo Pants: I don't wear cargo pants, and if I do, it's very rare. I stick with the blue jeans and shorts.
    2. Putting New Wheels on a Skateboard: I don't skateboard, in fact, I can't even go down a driveway. I spend my time running and being part of the Speech and Debate team.
    3. What Teenage Kids Do: Hey, it varies, you can't group everyone into one big group. I know druggies and I also know people that don't go anywhere on the weekends except to their room to study.

This thread is intended to get ideas out into the air and to make our supporters clubs better. IT IS NOT INTENDED for people to tell others to shut up or that their ideas are worthless. If you don't like an idea, so be it. Tell everyone why and back it up with reasonable evidence.

12. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Christ Eggy, get off it already. Your behavior in this thread has been embarassing.

13. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but there's usually not this much discussion of cargo pants.

14. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

******** off. The way you talk like a girl is embarassing.

15. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    The best thing to do is just to get more people to games.

But I'll tell you this. If I was new to soccer games and there was some teen kids running around me on walkie-talkies going "We're going to do the Go Crew Go song 10-4" I'd be getting the hell out of there.

You guys obviously have never been part of a real atmosphere to know what things should be like and what you're doing.

16. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is that "real atmosphere?" What should we be doing?

Elabourate.

17. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shove it up your ass tubby.

18. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    This is your major shortcoming right here. If you could look at the demographics of the major supporters sections around the league, you would find that most people are a bit older than the high school (or even college) age level.

Columbus is the oddity in the league in that the fanatical sections always seem to have a core of college aged members (or a bit younger). And as such the organization seems to be a little lacking. Perhaps because once the core gets past that age, they are replaced. And life and priorities change from high school to college to "real life." For one, the drinking and profanity becomes far less attractive. And the "new guard" (historically speaking) has never been too keen to listen to the desires of the "old guard."

And please, stop telling people they need to be creative. It never works. Be creative yourself and people will follow.

19. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    this is a good point.

you could get 100 high school kids to go to games, but how many of those kids are gonna be around after they graduate high school? and how many of those that DO stay and go to a college close enough to make it to games, how many of those will still be around once they graduate? see the problem in that? beyond that, as was pointed out, there are also the problems that high schoolers, as a whole (and college kids) lack organisational skills needed to run a successful group. they also lack the financial means (well, you said youre from UAHS so maybe this isnt a problem for you) to do the same sorts of things which zak has done.

also, say, theorhetically, the northend WAS filled up with high school kids, i think youre going to find it hard to attact new members who are older than, i dunno, 20 or so. add to this the fact that youll probably run into problems in terms of getting in trouble. there have been a few people, myself included, who im shocked didnt get arrested or someone else arrested for underage drinking.

and as the other bastard said, there would be the inevitable clash in terms of maturity issues, and whatnot.

i just dont understand what you kids find so difficult about joining v-army. when i was in high school and going to games, there were definatley people in the northend that i didnt like (and the feeling was definatley reciprocated, im sure it still is). that said, i still was there at every match... it wasnt that hard to do.

20. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I weigh 163 pounds you ********ing bender.

21. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    On what planet? Mars?

You've not seen 163 since the 8th grade!

Sorry couldn't resist. Either way, this thread is indicative of my entire experience with supporters groups with Crew. People just cannot put their egos and pride aside for the greater good. And believe me, I'm just as guilty. And while poor attitude is attributable to some of the problems, you must also realize that Crew are boring to watch, and seemingly aren't going to do anything to change that. Cheering during a lifeless game isn't easy at all, Crew often times do not play with a flair or style that is inspirational to supporters. This is also very important to realize. The first step, IMHO, is moving Legion into 137 somewhere. There aren't enough supporters to go around, why have them in two sections instead of one?

22. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I've seen eggy recently. he's waifish. almost kate moss-esque.

he'll talk tough on the message board, but i think chelsey could take him down with one shove.

23. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

Depends how big is Chelsey?

24. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Crissakes....I think I was in an elevator with her once.

25. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    [​IMG]