I'm from country X and want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by jeroen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Jasonfooty

Jasonfooty New Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Hi my name is Jason, I'm from the UK (Central London) and 16 years old. My dream is to start playing soccer over there in the states after my studies. I don't expect to be in a pro club since I don't currently play for a team or an academy, but I play regularly train with my brother in the park and sometimes I play with my friends in a football facility not far from my house. I was just wondering if it is possible to join a local/amateur club there in the states. Thanks.

2. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    As a general rule, local amatuer clubs over here do not allow local amatuers to join. Sorry, you're out of luck.

3. Jasonfooty

Jasonfooty New Member

Aug 19, 2005
    I'm not a local amateur

4. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    You should be fine...but the travel is going to be a bitch. Unless of course you have a funny accent. Then you'll have to check with the club's bylaws.

5. primus

primus BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 14, 2005
    Re: I'm from country nigeriaand want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

my name is okeke primus am 18years old and i plays for NAICOM football club of nigeria in the second pro league division and i will like to move my soccer carrier to the us and will appreciate any effort by any body to make it a reality and should in case my soccer CV is needed i will feel obliged to forward it to your board and you quick response will be appreciated..am a utility player from the right hand side of the pitch and my good speed and strainght is an advantage....hoping to hear from you soonest..
    yours faithfully
    okeke primus
    donprimuscar@yahoo.com

6. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NY state.
    it takes a tryal for someone to be hired, even in european's leagues....but, to get a chance for a tryal is not easy....

7. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    First to all the Europeans that are coming on this board to insult Americans, come on do you have nothing better to do. I mean really this was board started to help people find a path in their life. Your hatred for Americans consumes too much of your time. Americans are tired of you blaming the woes of the world on us "GET A LIFE" and stop using the game as another way to attack Americans.
    Second and final point is for the gents that are looking to play in the states I suggest going on MLS team supporter sight boards. A lot of the guys on there play and probably get you in touch with someone who can get your foot in the door. ie. http://www.metrofanatic.com/mf/index.jsp

8. lingy

lingy New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    newcastle
    im a 17 year old male who plays football i live in england im a right midfield player i did have a chance to play for newcastle but i had a bad asthma atack and didnt go to the trial ever since then i have been determined to play football professionally for anyteam a lot of my friends play for newcastle united reserves and they say i can make it but ive asked them to tell there coaches to give me a trail but they say they cant say anything cos they cant say who gets a trail or not

if any one can help ill really appreciate it

9. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    The new Miami USL team is having tryouts this month:

All potential players are encouraged to contact Thulio Goncalves at thulio@bfut.net if they are interested.

Better hurry. tryouts are (I think) Dec. 17-22.

10. popacolar

popacolar New Member

Nov 6, 2005
    looks like everybody wants to play soccer in the states

11. popacolar

popacolar New Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Re: Same Problem!!pliz Someone Help!!

oh man....thats funny... i'm still cracking up

12. Duranguense

Duranguense New Member

May 13, 2005
    Estado Alacranero
    who would like to play in the U.S.? Not me the games are boring and their teams suck.Plus the players dont get paid that well.I would rather play in Mexico a million times.for Chivas.but yea i dont like that soccer is not popular in US. only country that dont prefer soccer.:cool:

13. Max#09

Max#09 New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    France
    Hi all , I am French, I am 18 years old .
    I seek onebody who speak french to help me on this forum ( a translator ).
    I would like to come one year to the USA to improve my English, to become bilingual through the foot .
    I currently play in Cfa2 and Dh (5th and the 6th French division)
    If somebody could help me, if it has a ect plan...
    I am opened with all questions

Thanks ;)

14. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're coming to the States to work on your English, and play some soccer on the side, it seems to me that playing for a team in the PDL (4th division, the highest amateur level in the US) would be a good possibility. Given the league you're already playing at, you'd have a pretty good chance of making a PDL roster. If you're more ambitious soccer-wise, you might even consider trying out for a USL2 (3rd division, lowest professional level) team, which would be somewhat more of a challenge. Either way, the important thing to know is that US leagues start playing in the spring and end in the fall, so if you want to come to the US and play in the lower divisions it's best to arrive in March or thereabouts.

15. rudolph

rudolph New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Hi all , I am SENEGALESE player 30 years old .I play in national championship in SENEGAL
    I seek teams in USA(MLS or USL 1,USL2...)I am coming in Los Angeles area for tourism in March 5th;i will stay 6 months.I wanna find a team not exclusively professional team but team who can offers me somme cash and a great competitive level
    I currently play in Senegal;i am a lefty offensive midfielder
    If somebody could help me with teams address who seeking players, i will be happy
    I am opened with all for further information

Thank you in advance

16. pcrow

pcrow New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    WA
    Is USL2 really that much harder than PDL? Seems like a lot of PDL teams win in US open cup games. seems like the better PDL teams would do alright in USL2.

17. Beantowner

Beantowner Member

Aug 19, 2005
    HK / Shanghai / NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

First, it was not intelligent. Second, it's readily obvious Delpz is incapable of explaining anything intelligently. Who let the cat in? Typical Euro-troll.

18. SikONE

SikONE New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Bay Area
    Were in the USA are you coming to? My coach is French and we're going to start to play in a good level in the bay area San Francisco, California. the leauge name is SFSFL(premier) but if not is ok.

19. gazza2

gazza2 Red Card

Feb 11, 2006
    check out the new logo
    BUILT FOR THE SOCCERHOLIC

********************.com

20. Max#09

Max#09 New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    France
    Does your trainer have an e-mail adress?

21. barthez4

barthez4 Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

And good job bringing up a dispute from 2003.

22. TheWindmill

TheWindmill New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Groningen
    I would, but i am not a very talented player. Playing in the States can also be a journey or a nice adventure. Seeing another country, culture. That's cool.
    Some people over here (Holland) laughed when they hear Dave vd Bergh joined Kansas C Wizz.. Well i don't laugh. It's a good plan and the football in the USA is growing in quality. It's stupid to say it isn't.

If you can't make millions in Italie, Germany, Spain or England and your fit enough to play in the States and can earn some money, well what's wrong with that. I'd prefer playing for FC Dallas, or LA Galaxy or even for the Virginnia beach Mar. than, for example, dutch 2nd division. Always rainy weather, crowded country. Nahhh, nice weather, a beach nearby, hot chicks, cocktails and play some soccer. Perhaps the money isn't right but i'll think it's big fun.
    So Americans, Canadians, Puerto Ricans, support your local teams and when they give you a boring match get drunk! Instead of putting you guys down, we Europeans should support you for the fact that you like football/soccer aswell! KEEP UP THE GOODWORK.
    :cool: :D

23. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    I'm with The Windmill