I'm from country X and want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by jeroen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Re: I'm from country Jamaica and I want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

I you're as good as Damani Ralph, you may want to give MLS a call. If you're just Andy Williams-good then eeeeeeh.... try the A-league.

2. Gunne®

Gunne® New Member

Apr 14, 2002
  3. SIMBOSTER

SIMBOSTER Red Card

Jul 27, 2004
    Area 51
    It will be really difficult very difficult.

4. crazybt

crazybt New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    Don't search
    Don't search
    Don't search
    if you are search This word "spyware" you fine something
    that fear

If you try to search
    Don't search this word
    http://www.rolexsearch.com/p.php?uid=616
    {Google2}

I love arsenol :cool:

5. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    your strange people

6. jayRW07

jayRW07 New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Hi!

My name is Jamie Oliver i am 15 years old and i am from england.

I am hopefully immigrating to the states when i'm 18 and would like some information on how to get a trial with a professional soccer team there.
    I have been playing soccer since i was 5 years old and there is nothing else i want to do. I used to play for Manchester Uniteds youth team but trainin 3 times a week aswell as a match was too much to ask for my mum and dad to get me there so i was forced to quit. i then played for sheffield united but that didn't work out either. I've always wanted to move to the states but i still want to be a pro soccer player.

CAN ANYONE HELP!

7. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Congrats, you're now officially the last remaining person to have washed out of an England youth team to come on this thread asking for a tryout in the US. There's six pages of insight. With your level of expierence and your age, you'd be best trying to investigate the collegiate route.

8. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    My name is Cesar "Chato" Guerrero. I will be 18 next month and want to come to the US to play soccer. I have been playing soccer since I was 3 years old.

I speak minimal English but I heard that you have farm teams in the MLS where I can play in front of my own countrymen. I am not good enough to play in Mexican soccer, but I heard you guys have these chivas/clubamerica USA farm teams teams that I can play on for cheap money until I can break into my own countries team.

I have relatives in Chicago-town, San Francisco, San Diego, Houston, Omaha even Atlanta you name it.

I have some great moves and could probably even nutmeg most defenders and outrun even some kid named Freddy.

whatz up. could anyone tell me what I can do to join these teams?

vaya con dios

9. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Unfortunately, WUSA no longer exists. Try back in a couple of years.

10. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. newyorkastle

newyorkastle New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New York City
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

i was saddened to see my team, newcastle, fall 3-1 to DC united a few years back. i think they went on to draw v columbus. some other euro teams have come to the us and been surprised.. i dont have all the scores handy though

12. newyorkastle

newyorkastle New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New York City
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    i'd like to see the level of play in the english ice hockey league... can only imagine what the scores would be if their best played an NHL team..

13. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Palo Alto, CA

The SJ Earthquakes beat visiting Sporting Club of Portugal (Lisbon) 4-1 earlier this year. I think there are others along the same lines. Of course these travelling clubs probably don't have all their starters, they're tired and jet lagged and not taking it too seriously. But they still lost.

14. Rockey J Squirrel

Feb 27, 2003
    Brigham city Utah
    NOTICE: Foreigners wanting to play in the USA advice.

MLS Forget it. They will call your agent if you are good enough. Somebody already knows if you are!

A-League and PSL. Every club is different. And must be contacted directly (or by your American Agent, see FIFA site for the list) Who knows you, that knows the coach? Get networked!

BUT the real requirment: Get a real job here. That means a Green Card (work card with your Visa). You can not get a green card just to play soccer unless the club brings you here!

Amateur and College: You must be uncontaminated by profesional play to be eligible for university teams. Amateur: you must be clear of any Pro contracts/options and have proof in writing.

Your English skills are valuable, though Spanish is the second language in US soccer. The top level American soccer players are the best educated in the world, most with University degrees and most coaches. Trade education might not pay the bills here.

What level is your coaching license? Most US soccer clubs/players run youth clinics and coach teams as their real income source. So if your are tempermentally, experianced and license qualified so much the better! A clean criminal/sex violator record is also needed. No smoking or alcohol on the job either.

Versitility and adaptablity are required, there is no single "US style" any some styles of play will almost exclude you from some teams.

15. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

theres no good soccer in the usa.im the biggest netherlands fan and i would not like to see u wasting your time playing uncompetitve soccer.

16. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh

How did the Netherlands do last world cup?

17. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

here we go again a stupid american thinking that the netherlands have it easy to qualify to the world cup.
    when have the united states have players like vannilstelroy,van basten.gully,raicard,davids,seedorf,never.

hey u americans are so stupid in the world of soccer that u probably dont know who half of these players are.
    keep playing those little islands you play see if your game improoves.

18. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh

we were good enough to beat Portugal, they didnt seem to have any trouble qualyfying.

19. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

no no answer my question, when has usa had players like the ones i just mentioned..... NEVER and never will
    and plus eaven korea beat portugal.you know that some teams have their bad days just because you beat them once doesnt mean your the best in the world now.

20. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're a big Netherlands fan? And what exactly is your connection to them? Glory-hunter. And not a very competent glory-hunter at that.

21. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC

When did Korea beat Portugal? Not at World Cup 2002.

Any Holland fan is well aware about their team's numerous bad days. You have them so frequently. Hopefully Marco Van Basten (my all-time favorite player) will get your team past the lose to Scotland 1-0 one game, beat them 6-0 the next type of inconsistency that has characterized the Dutch National team for so many years.

Say what you want abou the US and its inferior players - anytime we play a game that counts - we get the result we need. That is simply not a reality for the Dutch team.

22. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

im not eaven going to arguee with someone who doesnt know about soccer

23. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC

Go ahead and find a factual error in my post.

You can cheer for the Dutch team from Medellin if you like, but we our team has gotten great results in the World Cup in 1994 (Colombia) and in 2002 (Portugal, Mexico).

Everyone in the US knows that our players are not yet as skilled as the best that France or Holland has to offer.

But we also realize that our league is improving greatly and that any old schmuck off the street (in an old-world soccer nation) is going to have a hard time being good enough to get into one of our teams.

You can have your chuckles now if you like, but our national team and the depth and quality of our professional players who are not national team caliber has increased by an order of magnitude since 1996. It is arrogance like yours (I am not eaven going to argue . . . ) that is going to make it hurt even more when the US national team and our league become true powerhouses.

Also, if you are going to troll in our thread - at least be articulate and learn to spell the names of your favorite players (Rijkaard and Gullit).

And if you are going to post facts - at least get them right (South Korea tied Portugal, they did not beat them).

24. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Hey boy.....

Why don't you go and get couple of bottle of a good laxative meanwhile I will make a copy of the USA/GERMANY game on Korea, I will send it to you so you can appreciate how USA was cheated of a world cup, and that was just with 6 years of having a real AMERICAN professional soccer league ....The only thing that will save Europe in the future are your referees so go and train them how to stop the AMERICAN WAVE..... :cool:

25. nfg3001

nfg3001 New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    anyone know where to get information on playing in asia or australia?