I'm from country X and want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by jeroen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. james Cosgrove

james Cosgrove New Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for getting back to me
    OK that clears that up for me
    We played for mervue united while they were in the first division and they gained promotion to the premier division but got disbanded because of galway fc
    Yeah I'd say pace is one of my best attributes so hopefully that'll help
    We plan on going over on the vwp which is only 3 months
    What if it turned out we needed to stay longer or come back again a few months after say for trials in the spring time
    Can we do this?
    Sorry i realise you might not know much about the travelling process but anything will
    help

2. Bubba1971

Bubba1971 Member+

Nov 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh boy, US visa and immigration law is super complex. Luckily, you're Irish and Ireland is a visa waiver country. So I believe if you're playing as an amateur you're OK, you can just come over and play (although there may be some medical insurance issues.) For information on playing as a professional, check here:

http://www.sportvisaamerica.com/

One of the nice things about soccer in the US is that it's still relatively under-developed, and as such players and coaches are still pretty accessible. Unfortunately, Robbie Keane isn't likely to return an email (although he might), and probably wouldn't have any practical advice for someone who's trying out for a team. But if you do some research I'm sure you can find Irish players in the lower division who would be happy to tell you about their experiences.

3. james Cosgrove

james Cosgrove New Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    TE="Bubba1971, post: 31841594, member: 181624"]Oh boy, US visa and immigration law is super complex. Luckily, you're Irish and Ireland is a visa waiver country. So I believe if you're playing as an amateur you're OK, you can just come over and play (although there may be some medical insurance issues.) For information on playing as a professional, check here:

http://www.sportvisaamerica.com/

One of the nice things about soccer in the US is that it's still relatively under-developed, and as such players and coaches are still pretty accessible. Unfortunately, Robbie Keane isn't likely to return an email (although he might), and probably wouldn't have any practical advice for someone who's trying out for a team. But if you do some research I'm sure you can find Irish players in the lower division who would be happy to tell you about their experiences.[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like a good idea to contact a current Irish player over there
    Thanks for all the help man
    I'll post how we get on over there as soon as its all done with
    Thanks again

4. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a master calendar, that gives soccer tryout information, that prospective teams could update? This could be a useful addition to BS for people trying to join a team.

5. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  6. Nico_beans

Nico_beans New Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It is a little difficult but don't let anything stop you! keep trying!

soccersubjectively repped this.
  7. SCOUTED94

SCOUTED94 New Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Dec 12, 2017
    INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER (SOCCER PLAYER)?

SCOUTED is a social networking platform that uses video scouting done by professional scouts to present players to Professional Football Clubs around the world.

Players create a profile on SCOUTED and fill in what position they play (primary and secondary), their preferred formation, personal information (height, weight, D.O.B., Nationality, etc.), and their CV. Players then upload FULL MATCH game film to our servers as well as highlight tapes showcasing their best attributes.

Professional scouts then browse the database of players and review film of players. The scouts then write full detailed reports on players (that players are able to read and review to learn from). We have set up tier systems that align with leagues around the globe.

Clubs then search for players that fit their tier and needed positions. Scouts and Club Managers send trial opportunities to players.

SCOUTED also hosts private trial events that are fully paid for by our team. We host players from around the world and invite select scouts, and professional teams to view the players in person.

Our team also provides a blog written by a professional footballer to help players adjust to life as a pro player, help with preparing for trials, and a multitude of other topics that will benefit players.

This is a great platform that provides players a platform to showcase their abilities to the world regardless of their age, nationality, connections, or financial situation.

We currently are not open to the public, but we have plans to be open by the end of the year.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I would be glad to assist in any way I can.. Please let all fellow friends and footballers you know that our mission is to revolutionize the footballing world and provide a platform to earn a pro contract based solely on a player's ability on the field.

Timothywilson@scouted.pro

@TimWilson1994

Thanks,

Timothy Wilson

8. Peter Olaffson

Peter Olaffson New Member

Manchester United
    France
    Dec 14, 2020
    There are different angles for the issue at hand.

1) if the player decides to go to the USA to compete or join the US club (academy), I would encourage to check out this article on sports immigration to the USA. It covers all the visa types, opportunities & problems

2) If the player really considers to play in the USA on a pro-level, he, in reality, has three options: a) to participate in tryouts held by pro- or semipro clubs; b) attend to a high-performance socer academy in the USA or in other country (and then use a network and/or try try-outs as well). c) to apply to the US univeristy with a high-ranked soccer team, study & play there & get noticed.

MarioKempes repped this.
  9. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Bayern to the NFL confirmed.

Chesco United repped this.
  11. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dom Dwyer is someone to look for people in this thread.