I'm coming for your spot! - The Mariano Diaz Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MaxY, Aug 20, 2016.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Or Sandro Werner at Bayern.. wears the #2 and he is their backup striker.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club is bigger than all the players, and Cristiano wearing the 7 means more for him than it meant for the club. Ronaldo didn't even get to wear the number 7 when he joined us.

Ankur Upadhyay, Deep Pal, ahnaf and 4 others repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Exactly.was thinking the same, just like el Fenomeno first wore the 11 and not the 9 because Morientes had it..
    I could be wrong.. but to me those who are throwing tantrums because Mariano is wearing the #7 are CR7 fanboys.. or those who always had a tendency to put the player above the team..

4. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, the club will always be bigger than the player. But this isn't what I'm referring to.

Again, I was sharing my opinion on how we gave the number to Mariano, a guy we sent out to France because he wasn't good enough but he comes back and takes the #7 left by Raul, Ronaldo... Other players should have had their name on it first such as Asensio, Vinicius...

I know Ronaldo didn't get to wear the #7 when he first joined, that's because there was another LEGEND already wearing it. ;)

5. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You must also consider that the players themselves must want a said number before they are given. I don't recall anyone on the squad saying they wanted the number 7 jersey. You can't just force the number on someone. They must want it too. Mariano wanted it. It was available. He got it. That simple.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Mariano scores a goal that decides a title wearing it, it will become part of the story of the number. Raul didn't score half as many goals as Ronaldo, different players have different storylines.

Cicinho wore the 11, which is also a very unrightback number to choose.

7. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and you're still talking nonsense eh?

You are dead wrong. Nobody's throwing "tantrums" (at least not me), I was just showing my disagreement with it. As an adult and a fan of the club, I think I'm entitled to my own opinion about the legendary # 7.

Having said that, the fact that you call everyone a CR7 fanboy just because they support the greatest Real Madrid player ever, baffles me.

I never put Cristiano above the club and I won't start today. We are talking about MARIANO taking over the number 7... Flo is trying to plug in the goals void that will be left since Ronaldo left and I just wish it would have been someone else.

This is Real Madrid.

8. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Mariano bleeds white, now thats enough of a reason for him to take the #7.

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You are literally crying over shirt number. :whistling:

Shay Z, Hsain85, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  10. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The clubs Facebook page, and the angry responses under Mariano's pics make you feel like we're living in a world of idiots.

Deep Pal, S1na, PigBenis and 7 others repped this.
  12. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you putting me in that category just because I made my own remark that I wished the number went to someone else? That would be very mature of you.

As far as I'm concerned, I ain't crying about a number. I was giving my 2 cents on how I believe that number was meant to a true heir of Cristiano's reign and let's be ********ing honest, that ain't Mariano.

Defending each other's posts like your life depends on it sounds more like crying to me.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #138 robnycus, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    That third pic ^ the selfie has 1.3 M likes on IG and 26k comments.. most from a bunch of idiots as 4x4 mentioned.
    I read one that said.. I am starting to hate RM .. another one saying Cr7 scored 450 goals and that is a long way to go for a kid.. LMAO.. they literally believe that number belonged to Cristiano and not the team..
    Can you imagine the outcry If Cuadrado didn’t have the nice gesture of giving him the 7 and Cristiano having to wear the #17 right now lol

Deep Pal and Hsain85 repped this.
  14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    And i thought word remark implies short and casual comment, instead of rant of 10+ posts full of how Mariano should not wear 7.

I can already see the hashtag for 19/20 season: #MakeNumber7GreatAgain. Will 300M Neymar suffice?

15. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    From self obsessed narcissist who cared more about the grease in his hair then the club he played for to a selfless nobody who would run through a brick wall for his team.

It's fitting.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unrightback is a pretty fitting description for Cicinho tbf.

17. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The ******** are you talking about? His hair is straight. It's not like Ronnie even invented the most popular male hairstyle in the last six years.

18. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bear Crotch. Enough said.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was a huge fan though. Great person as far as I'm concerned and got a standing ovation when he returned with Roma.

Digital repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bär Krotch was a massively influential keyboard player in Berlin when Kraftwerk became popular.

surgeon, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mariano is still getting disrespected, but he wont be for long. Time will show that the #7 went to the right guy.

22. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s just a number. Also, la liga have a stupid rule where you can’t use squad numbers over a certain number like 23 or 24 or something so his choice was always gonna be limited.

Deep Pal, Digital, RaMaaa and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    TBH, even if the rules were different, and allwed us some room to retire a number or put it on hold for sometime, why would we do that for CR?
    The guy is playing for another direct European rival! It is not like he ********ing retired.
    ******** CR.

saadomar, surgeon and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Not every thread needs to be about Cristiano.

Ya'll missing the real story with Mariano. Its not the 7 on his back. Its the 10 he has on his arm.

Wooooooooooo.…………. damn.

[​IMG]

Cue YS jumping in with the 'wouldn't smash'..... pfftt.

J-Mezzy, janos audron, Zidane05 and 7 others repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

https://www.instagram.com/yaizamorenoanthon/?hl=en

Already spent some time on her instagram. You're welcome

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal, Anon. and 2 others repped this.