I'm coming for your spot! - The Mariano Diaz Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MaxY, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Ankur_Upadhyay93

Aug 18, 2016
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just want Benz to fe match fit for big matches with some match practice under his belt. I still can't trust Morata for matches against Barca or Athletico. We have Ronaldo who is turning 32 in a few months and a very injury prone Bale. This situation can turn ugly very quickly.

2. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As it stands currently, with Benz out for ca. 3 weeks, Mariano being in the squad is a blessing in disguise. I'm sure his presence and form will be lighting a little warm fire up Morata's derrière, which will make him up his game. If Morata fails to deliver, Mariano will be primed to come on as a sub, should we need him to.

With Benz's injury issues and Morata's current form, I'm happy to have a pocket rocket like Mariano on the bench.

raven3k, Deep Pal and Phenom9 repped this.
  3. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When he signed the renewal, ZZ promised him that he would be playing with the first team, the man is keeping his words.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope he doesn't just ride the bench all season long.

5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We can always loan out the players during the ban.
    It is wise to keep all the depth we have. A season or less time (on the bench) cant possibly change a player's developing rate much.

6. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, it feels like a lot of people are seeing this from the player's own perspective (rightly so) and not enough from the club's.

This year it's 10 years (!) since we won the league under Capello. After that, we have only won the league twice which as we all agree, is unacceptable.

With Benzema's fitness problems recently and still a question mark over how prolific Morata can be in goal scoring, I think the club is right to want to count on the quality/prowess of a player like Mariano. Would his development be better served playing first team every week? Of course.

But if over the next 2 transfer seasons Benzema gets a niggling 3 week injury before an away game at Osasuna and we're tied 1-1 with 20 mins to go? I'd love to be able to bring Mariano on to try and get a goal, especially in leagues as tight as ours where one or two points decide the winner. So I think it's best for the club that he stays.

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah ******** it. Let Mariano and James ride the bench if that's what's needed to win trebles etc.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    But club's long term interest is for the player to go out and develop and gain experience, so he can come back and be a legitimate option for this team.

J-Mezzy, MerlinRM and Ankur_Upadhyay93 repped this.
  9. Ankur_Upadhyay93

Aug 18, 2016
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Benzema gets fit in time, then we can loan him in January too..

S1na and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Born and raised in Spain and has only played a friendly for the Dominican Republic 3 yrs ago. If Spain were smart, they'd try to sway him in their direction just in case he turns out to be the next best 9 a few years from now.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can't believe there is a Dominican in Real Madrid. That is freaking awesome.

12. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
  13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is only 1 of 2 in La Liga. The other one, Tano, plays for Osasuna and was also born in Spain.

Funfact: he is the first Domincan to score in La Liga ever.

natenate101, RMSocrates and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Definitely deserves more playing time, especially in the last 15-20 minutes of tough matches.

Aimar 21 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really like Mariano. The guy reminds me of Chicharito, really really wants to score, and more often than not does. Other than the classic where he came on late, I think he has scored in every first team appearance, including friendlies lol.

natenate101, sleepyvato50, ahnaf and 4 others repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's a real striker. One hungry for goals with goid instincts and power. Definitely a good weapon to bring off the bench against tired teams

17. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His goal against Chelsea sums up his potential. More of Mariano, less of Benz pls.

Aimar 21, Ahmadi8, raven3k and 1 other person repped this.
  18. King John Blaze

King John Blaze Red Card

May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isn't he born and raised in Spain? Probably play for Dominica because he thought he had little chance getting in the Spanish team.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope he plays for the Dominican Republic. He'll be the pride and enjoy of an entire country instead of just being another guy for Spain

20. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Tell the world I’m coming home...

upload_2018-8-27_21-13-25.jpeg

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Welcome back!

This will pay off!

Edino Edinho, raven3k and Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If it does work out, I think he's what I want off the bench. Capable of starting vs. midtable clubs, but when you need a goal, he's a player that you can throw on because that's what he's always thinking about. Ignoring the fact that we should have just loaned him out to begin with, it's a good value signing.

raven3k, S1na, HZinho and 6 others repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Aspas is superior, but Mariano is goal driven and has proven to be a great scoring substitute.

When he was here many of us argued why he didn't get more time than Morata.

Great price as well.

raven3k and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Will be s great substitute off the bench and give us a different look than Benzema. Can also start against weaker teams. Plus it’s one of our own guys. It’s a no brainer for 20M. Good value.

Edit: wtf. I thought the deal was done that’s why ya’ll dug up this old thread. Checked the transfers thread and it’s not official.

Zidane05, Vector-SS and Deep Pal repped this.
  25. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah no clue what these foos are talking about.